Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
5 stars has nothing to do with the NBA, it's applicable to college. Many 5 star college kids play well and are entertaining to watch at the amateur level. The NBA reference is unnecessary.

Reaction Score
Kind of have to throw out Royce White. Great player but mental illness is a bitch. Sad story really.

Reaction Score
Renardo Sidney sat out freshman year due to a suspension. His first real season he averaged 14 and 8.

Sidney was VERY good and could've been great.. but he didn't wanna be great and he wanted to eat lots of food. That was his downfall.

Reaction Score
I don't really care much about stars except for the fact they boost the perception of the program. And then only really do that among the intense cbb followers.

Reaction Score

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm glad we know thay black guys from single parent families are more likely to become President than white guys with two parents.

Reaction Score
Look at the footwork its a god damn clinic. Best overall footwork and lateral movement of any prospect weve ever had.
I'm expecting you to change your sig pic any day now.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
At least you're not prone to exaggeration. Let me guess, sophomore in high school?
I dont see how It's an exaggeration. Weve been recruiting top talent for what 25 years? Who have we recruited whos had better footwork? Maybe ben gordon or ryan boatwright?

Reaction Score
I dont see how It's an exaggeration. Weve been recruiting top talent for what 25 years? Who have we recruited whos had better footwork? Maybe ben gordon or ryan boatwright?

I think the point is that you can't make evaluations like that based on high school highlight videos.

Reaction Score
Adams does have good footwork, definitely a bit of hyperbole in that claim. To me, his balance and body control is what really stands out and is even more impressive than his footwork.

Reaction Score
I'm going to have to hold out my evaluation till I see him perform the tango and samba. ;)

Reaction Score
Why does it seem like in every thread now a days, someone has to criticize someone's opinion?

I can understand doing so if someone is standing up for one of our guys, but this is now occurring with simple evaluations on recruits. As silly as it sounds, I'm not sure if many realize that there are a lot of lurkers who are afraid to post because they don't want to be criticized. A few I've met have told me that in the past. I'm not saying people can't do so, but IMO, it's getting a tad ridiculous lately.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Why does it seem like in every thread now a days, someone has to criticize someone's opinion?

I can understand doing so if someone is standing up for one of our guys, but this is now occurring with simple evaluations on recruits. As silly as it sounds, I'm not sure if many realize that there are a lot of lurkers who are afraid to post because they don't want to be criticized. A few I've met have told me that in the past. I'm not saying people can't do so, but IMO, it's getting a tad ridiculous lately.

You can't let ridiculous statements stand though. Then it makes the rest of us look like idiots (no comment on this particular thread).

Reaction Score

Welcome to the Internet.

Reaction Score

Seriously +1. Lately I don't even scroll down to read comments, I just click links and read what the first post is. :( I just wanna be loved! lol

Reaction Score
Seriously +1. Lately I don't even scroll down to read comments, I just click links and read what the first post is. :( I just wanna be loved! lol
Chris, what's not to love about a fellow UConn fan?!?! I'm at fault at blasting someone from time to time, if I find their position well on the crazy or overly critical side. I get a kick out of when Fishy completely blows someone up with some outrageous and often classic put down. It's the constant personal attacks I keep on seeing in thread after thread lately on the Yard. Granted, it's the internet, but that's not an excuse to turn what I've considered my favorite internet place to frequent into a constant train wreck.

Am I alone in that I regularly have to surf through reply after reply of garbage to get to replies that actually deal with the topic at hand? I'm probably wasting my time and some posters will never change, but if a few decide to focus more on the message, without having to attack and/or demean messenger, it think the Yard will be a more enjoyable place to talk all things Husky.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy an occasional over-the-top attack that's meant to be entertaining. Recipients of those need to recognize what they are and shoot a fun remark back over the bow and not escalate things with a thin-skinned defense. Though I realize some newcomers often don't recognize those as entertainment and take them personally. Again, with that said, there are many who's intent is to put the messenger down and point out how stupid they are, which is what many of us could live without.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I agree. I don't get the folks who are sure they are infallible and other opinions are just too stupid to endure. God forbid someone knows less than you.
God knows I'm as opinionated as anyone and I've stepped in it a few times on this forum. But some people think their opinions are sanctified facts and go straight for the insult.
Maybe more of us should speak up when it happens?

Reaction Score
@AdamFinkelstein: Here at @BrewsterHoops where Jalen Adams & Donovan Mitchell have been going back & forth...might see that a couple times this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom