Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
CracK

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Just an FYI... It is not uncommon for ELITE prospects, and their AAU coaches and parents, to receive "benefits" that help to influence their recruitment decision. From what I've heard from someone who is fully aware of being in these types of situations with elite prospects, UCONN does not participate in that sort of recruiting. While I'm glad they don't, it can certainly make recruiting a bit more difficult when you have to compete with another school who does... Not saying Louisville is necessarily one of those teams; however, I'm not too naive to think they aren't either.

Curious as to whether Gottfried, Cal, Crean, Floyd and/or Altman participate in that sort of recruiting.....

Reaction Score
Ok, well, sorry that I misunderstood. And I somewhat agree; his best chance comes at either UCONN or Kansas. Sorry, Kansas can produce regardless of what position he plays.

And there is my other minor issue; I do not see Jalen Adams as a point guard. Atleast not in a Kemba/Shabazz sense, from what I've seen he's more of a combo guard who can handle/pass but will struggle to run an offense. I see alot of Jerome Dyson in his game.

I haven't seen him play, so I'll take your word for it. I'm just basing my assessment on what I've heard others say about him.

As far as Kansas is concerned, in the post-Chalmers era, here are their point guards: Sherron Collins (five star), Tyshawn Taylor (four star), Elijah Johnson (five star), Josh Selby (five star, #1 overall), and Nadir Tharpe (four star). That is three five star point guards and two four stars, and none of those five are playing in the league. I just don't see how they are on the same level as UConn when it comes to developing points.

Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
I haven't seen him play, so I'll take your word for it. I'm just basing my assessment on what I've heard others say about him. As far as Kansas is concerned, in the post-Chalmers era, here are their point guards: Sherron Collins (five star), Tyshawn Taylor (four star), Elijah Johnson (five star), Josh Selby (five star, #1 overall), and Nadir Tharpe (four star). That is three five star point guards and two four stars, and none of those five are playing in the league. I just don't see how they are on the same level as UConn when it comes to developing points.

Chalmers didn't even really play point for them. Was more a Collins/Robinson platoon with Chalmers as a two who could pass (like Ben Gordon). But perhaps that's splitting hairs.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I have no idea what this means

My take is that 99 did not catch that your were responding to Mau's conclusion rather than making your own point (that he thought was extreme). I think that he would say that Mau's assertion was extreme if he had read carefully.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Louisville has been one of the top 3 programs in recent years in my estimation, who are their decent pro players though? ( honest question).

Reaction Score
My take is that 99 did not catch that your were responding to Mau's conclusion rather than making your own point (that he thought was extreme). I think that he would say that Mau's assertion was extreme if he had read carefully.

Yup.....:)

Reaction Score
Adams has been saying all along that he would commit after the AAU season was done, I'm not understanding why just because he hasn't committed already means that UConn is out of it.

I'm only assuming the kid knows how many others the Huskies are on the list for……if he really wants to be a Husky then the end of AAU season may be too late is all I'm thinking. First one to raise their hand…….

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Louisville has been one of the top 3 programs in recent years in my estimation, who are their decent pro players though? ( honest question).
Dieng had about 40 good games last year. He is their best pro player currently, and has a good chance of being their best since Darrell Griffith retired in '91.

It's amazing how inept they've been at preparing some pretty talented kids for the next level. Even under Pitino - who I think is a brilliant coach - they've been poor.

Reaction Score
I'm only assuming the kid knows how many others the Huskies are on the list for……if he really wants to be a Husky then the end of AAU season may be too late is all I'm thinking. First one to raise their hand…….

I think we'll get a clearer picture after this latest live session, if the staff is there following him, they're still in it and want him. Based on their quotes I believe Adams will probably be making a decision before guys like Briscoe and Newman, so we should know what's what by the end of the summer/beginning of the fall.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Dieng had about 40 good games last year. He is their best pro player currently, and has a good chance of being their best since Darrell Griffith retired in '91.

It's amazing how inept they've been at preparing some pretty talented kids for the next level. Even under Pitino - who I think is a brilliant coach - they've been poor.

Very, very strange. A top ten overall program, top 3 in recent times, a hall of fame coach but no good pros to show for it. Kind of bizarre.

Reaction Score
Very, very strange. A top ten overall program, top 3 in recent times, a hall of fame coach but no good pros to show for it. Kind of bizarre.

Style of play.

They are not very good at putting the ball in the basket.

Reaction Score
Hot damn! I was just about to have a joking post about why football has 12 commits and hoops has none. Too late with the joke!

Welcome Jalen

Reaction Score
YES YES YES YES!!!!!!
So happy I was one of the first to see this.
Let's go Jalen! Great news!
We all knew it was virtually inevitable, but it's great to see KO finally seal the deal. Good reporting 3, and anyone else who was about to post it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom