Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow! I was having a relatively poor start to my week. Everything is looking up now! Congrats to to KO and the coaching staff for finding and landing a tremendous talent. The rest is up to you Jalen. Let's Goooo!!!!!

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Fantastic. Hopefully his very tall and gifted teammate follows. Then I think all of us would officially be big package guys.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this helps us get sharma. They did say they wanted to be a package deal i believe.

Reaction Score
How does this impact possible Diamond Stone/Malik Newman package?
Shouldn't have too much of an impact as that package deal isn't a guarantee.

Reaction Score
Yess and of all days my iphone dies and i cant check twitter, thank god for the boneyard!

Reaction Score
So happy to finally have one of them on board. Although I think that if we are expecting him to be Shabazz/Kemba or even a point guard for that matter is inaccurate. I've seen JA play quite a bit and he is better served off the ball and in my opinion is tailor made for the off guard role in our offense, kind of the way Boat was last year.

Can he play point, yes, but I honestly don't think he will. His ability to create his own shots and score is certainly his greatest skill and allowing him at freedom off the ball makes him that much more dangerous.

Reaction Score
That was always a pipe dream. You can't wait around for Newman/Stone if guys like Adams, Enoch, etc. are ready to commit.

I'm happier to take guys like JA and Enoch and have them here while those 2 are in the league.

What I am wondering is does this help us with Josh Sharma? Thoughts?

Reaction Score
With Jackson and Adams on board, I wonder what the coaching staff is going for next. UConn doesn't seem to have a wing behind Daniel Hamilton, and if Hamilton leaves after 1 or 2 years, there appears to be lots of playing time at SF.

Shouldn't that mean that Ray Smith is a priority?

I am somehow taking it for granted that big man help will come in the form of one of Enoch/Sharma/Comanche/Stone, in that order.

Reaction Score
So happy to finally have one of them on board. Although I think that if we are expecting him to be Shabazz/Kemba or even a point guard for that matter is inaccurate. I've seen JA play quite a bit and he is better served off the ball and in my opinion is tailor made for the off guard role in our offense, kind of the way Boat was last year.

Can he play point, yes, but I honestly don't think he will. His ability to create his own shots and score is certainly his greatest skill and allowing him at freedom off the ball makes him that much more dangerous.

He will learn point and to share PG duties because he wants to improve his game and because UConn will land another outstanding guard beside him, and perhaps already has with Jackson.

Reaction Score

Good thing we already have a pure point coming in with him.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Players learn and evolve. Samuel and Cassell will be around for Adams' first two years, and the kid will learn from them (and Ollie) how to transition to a fulltime ball-handler by year three.

At which point he leads us to our 7th national championship, wins national player of the year and goes No. 1 overall in the draft to play for the Celtics under new coach Ray Allen.

Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc