Indiana Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Indiana Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Thought we played well outside of a couple of lulls. Was nice to get Ball a bit more involvement than he otherwise would have had.

The refs let a lot of off-ball contact go and IU really took advantage of that. Good to see that in an early OOC game because it’s something we’ll certainly see from some of the BE games.

Reaction Score
My only b*itching about the game is to Jay Williams.. Hey Jay

IMG_2307.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
IU came out playing very physical D. Felt our guys didn‘t respond well at first, but adapted and adjusted to the game style. Rebounding was the story along with solid defense from most. Newton is built for this kind of game and took over.

They crowded Alex and he has to get used to that. He’s now probably our biggest threat. He still has trouble guarding big physical PFs.
Cam stepped up after a slow start. Like Alex he has to attack defenders overplaying the three.

Donovan was solid on defense and on the boards. He is still not a polished offensive player. He has to get that FT stroke down and add a midrange or hook. The Pick and Roll wasn’t there as they just left the 5 in the paint. Get used to that.
Johnson so springy and did a great job on both ends. Jobbed by the refs a couple of times.

Solo improved as the game went on, which is super encouraging. He’s learning to use his strength.

Reaction Score
  • Love the energy after being flat the last game.
  • If we hit a couple more 3's and don't get bully balled (missed travel, possibly 2 jump balls) it's a laugher.
  • Alex got a little humble pie and I think it's just going to motivate him more earlier in the season than last year.
  • Romouglou's J is sweet.
  • Glad to see Solo calm down in the 2nd half.
  • Cam and Tristen... so much experience.
  • When Castle gets healthy this extra PT off the bench will help a lot.
  • Great to see Donovan impact the game without scoring and keep the fouls down.

Reaction Score
Clingan needs to keep the ball high when he rebounds or receives a pass. The coaches need to work on this point!

It's usually something college coaches don't teach anymore. Personally, I like to... but from a strength standpoint, he's dropping the ball because he doesn't have much of a standing jump and NEEDS to in order to dunk the ball. When you jump as high as you can, you swing your arms, right? Same idea.

Reaction Score
When Clingan went down from tripping over Newton I held my breath. Surely didn't want to see him tweak an ankle or foot

Reaction Score
Newton may be the most underrated and under-appreciated player in the country. Consistently makes the smart or clutch plays.

Seeing him in a different light after that game; it’s like when you wake up one morning and all of a sudden see that girl you’ve just been friendly with as someone you might like as more than a friend for the first time.

Not that I didn’t like and appreciate him before of course, but now I’m seeing just how good and how important to this team he is. We’re beyond lucky he came back.
Newton coming back and picking up Spencer makes us a serious threat to repeat if we're healthy. If just one of those things doesn't happen we're looking at a totally different team with significantly lower expectations.

Reaction Score
Ball and Diarra combined for 11/6/7.
That is what is needed while Castle is out.

Spencer is a joy to watch. He makes it look effortlessly and lets the game come to him and knows when to shoot. He is a perfect team player.
Ball really stepped it up and was making great cuts to the basket. He needs to not settle for that outside 3 too much. Otherwise he looks good.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Great to see Newton and Cam close out down the stretch. Announcer said it best. "They played with a sense of urgency like so many Uconn teams of seasons past. That's coaching." Hurley calls it being relentless. Bench getting good action with Castle out. So proud to see them shine in MSG. Big test with Texas. Things to work and improve on but this was a big win in the way they took care of business by not letting up down the stretch to the very end.

Reaction Score
No one hurt us today. You have to think the freshmen only improve from here on. They got baptized today. Nice to see Ball improve his play in 2nd half.

Reaction Score
We've had a lot of guards and back court mates. Assuming Castle gets healthy when have we had 3 that are as talented as Castle, Newton and Spencer?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom