Indiana Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Indiana Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Between jay williams & donny marshall this season my mute button has been stuck in the on position. Tarik turner was good last game, but jay williams was unlistenable, repeatedly ragging on some guys motor, clingan in limo etc
I had never heard that Tony Roberson was picked over JWill before. But Williams also mentioned that he has known Dan since Jay was 8 and has great respect for him. Williams did talk too much in the first half and didn't seem to get along with Ravech but I thought they improved in the second half.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly got outnumbered by IU Fans, was at the game and was disappointed that there looked to be more red than blue.
I find this first sentence really hard to believe. I think the second sentence explains why you came away thinking UConn was outnumbered.

Reaction Score
Not that it matters a great deal in the larger scheme, but could that broadcast have been any more anti UConn? The time where I believe Newton got elbowed or shoved to the floor and almost landed on, only to have the foul called on him stood out. No J Williams he didn’t “fall”.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not that it matters a great deal in the larger scheme, but could that broadcast have been any more anti UConn? The time where I believe Newton got elbowed or shoved to the floor and almost landed on, only to have the foul called on him stood out. No J Williams he didn’t “fall”.
Welcome to ESPN.

Reaction Score
Some poor shooting.
Karaban way off from 3.
Clingan not sharp yet and took a couple of silly fouls early.

Spencer rocks.
Newton is just a solid player that will do what is necessary when it's necessary.
Ball moving forward little by little.
Johnson does some good things but still needs coaching and experience.

It was hard to judge the defense tonight. Both teams tried to be active but anything in the lane seemed to draw a foul with these refs who wouldn't allow a defender to get close even if they were vertical arms up. Phantom fouls against both teams really detracted from this game with guys on the bench or fouled out. The worst of them were against the poor Indiana kid Reneau, and then Newton who got shoved to the court then landed on while he was down and defenseless. I hope they don't ruin tomorrows game because they were not good today. Indiana fans deserve credit for showing up and whining about everything - lol.

Bottom line is we have good leadership at guard and the young guys are good enough to play their roles and provide balance and depth. Not yet the team we were last year but that's a high bar. There are certainly teams out there that will give us more trouble than the one's we've played so far. That may start tomorrow. Not a bad W in a place we need to own this year.

Reaction Score
We won, it was a good game. Newton made the difference. My only concern was bench scoring, I'm sure we'll be fine but I would have liked to see more productivity from Johnson and Diarra.

I think that Roumoglou should get some more minutes a game. I think they should run some perimeter stuff for him. I can see him possibly being a factor offensively down the road.

Reaction Score
Lots of Indiana fans in lower level sidelines. Upper level and behind baskets had a lot of UConn fans. They could have confused some Louisville fans too because of the bright red color.
Lots and lots of IU fans there, was impressive. We had the majority of the 200s and 100s behind one of the baskets. Husky supporters were loud but I think there were more IU fans there than Husky fans.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Great performance overall. Surprisingly got outnumbered by IU Fans, was at the game and was disappointed that there looked to be more red than blue. On to tomorrow boys
Maybe some Louisville red and Texas orange in the mix?

Reaction Score
Was surprised they didn’t review Wares shove on Newton that could’ve injured our 2 most important players. Seemed blatantly dirty.
That’s what I saw. Don’t know how the hell the refs missed that.

Reaction Score
Lots and lots of IU fans there, was impressive. We had the majority of the 200s and 100s behind one of the baskets. Husky supporters were loud but I think there were more IU fans there than Husky fans.

We seem to have a normal, very nice turnout for the early season OOC MSG games but nothing like the chaos of the BET when seemingly every Husky fan is on Metro North together.

Reaction Score
This was Solos best game by far, which is a great sign. The fact he shows no fear in taking shots, cutting aggressively, and handling In pressure is proof that there’s something there. Hopefully by seasons end he settles in, and some of those open shots start falling.
He had a couple of 3s rim out

Reaction Score
I wanted to start a thread just on him. OMG he was so annoying. Nobody cares about your games at MSG 20 years ago! Think I'll start one just to see if there were others who were as annoyed as I was.
I can speak for everyone here. We were all annoyed with that clown.

Reaction Score
Sorry to say it but Ball is going to continue to eat up Diarra’s minutes. He didn’t play well today, was out of control and took a couple wild shots. His defense also wasn’t as good as it was last year.
Agree that Ball will be getting the majority of the minutes, and he should.

But, the 2 of them will be the ones to offset what is lost with Castle out. Diarra had 5 boards and 6 assists along with a key defensive play allowing Newton to get a 3 point play and getting the 4th foul on Reneau.

Reaction Score
Lol, where is Tristen Newton? :oops:

IMG_7328.jpeg

Reaction Score
Sloppy first half but still had a 7 point lead and 37 points total. Good sign

IU was super aggressive and it bothered Clingan. It did not bother Newton. Always in control and in attack mode. Cam did really well beating the aggression too

Karaban will need to tap into whatever he did last year to get better against super physical 4s. Got shredded on defense but did well on offense

I remember 5 really good cuts (Diarra, Karaban, Ball 2x, Clingan) that led to great looks. Clingan and Karaban are good passers and guys who cut will be rewarded.

This experience is invaluable for Solo Ball. Still looks jittery, still is reckless around the rim, but will get better every game. Those hard cuts can be his bread and butter

IU fans showed up. From my view in MSG it really looked like 50/50 fan turnout at best. Mid level was very red, upper levels pretty blue. The couple next to me said they traveled from Indianapolis for the game. They weren’t too happy by the end though. The game felt uncomfortable at times but never at risk. Go Huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom