Hurley meeting media today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley meeting media today

Reaction Score

I think this points to Dre playing small ball 4 for us this year. Last years 4/5’s Polley, IW, Akok, Samson, Richie, Adama,

This year 4/5’s Samson, Adama, Clingan, Karaban, Richie
You could argue 2, potentially even 3 of the 5 above are exclusively 5’s

Reaction Score
Development guys are cool and stuff, but let’s be honest. How many of them think they’re developed enough before the coach does?

Reaction Score
I don't like hearing "developmental guys". Reminds me of how often our program has had to do more with less over the years. I'd rather hear things like "McDonald's All Americans", "Blue Chips", "5*s", "Studs", "Can't Miss Players", "One and Dones", but that's just me.

Reaction Score

LOL Dre spilling the beans on the new warm-up outfits for next year

Swipe Up Las Vegas GIF by Universal Music Austria

Reaction Score
I want AJ to develop a step back jumper in the lane with a defender in his face. If he can do that, it means it stroke has been cleaned up and he is capable of so much more.
Not sure he can develop a consistent one in one offseason when he still doesn't have a jumpshot. One thing at a time work on Jumpshot and he can get rid of that ugly floater, shotput.

Reaction Score
I have been put in boneyard jail on the Jackson/Akok beef thread but I just want to say that I love Andre Jackson and bad blood is awesome. Give me back the old big east feel of players hating each other. Love it

Reaction Score
Avery Brown isn't at this level, if we wanted a CT. guard Hurley should've went after Desmond Claude.
but his point still stands, the 9th through 13th guys on the team have to be content with not playing much if at all, like springs has been. otherwise they have the option to just pack up and leave now.

i think there is/was a 99% chance floyd entered this season as the 9th man on the roster. sure he coulda played ~10 mpg but the players we'll have can easily absorb that time.

1) sanogo, 2) newton, 3) jackson, 4) hawkins, 5) transfer guard?, 6) johnson, 7) karaban, 8) castle?, 9) floyd, 10) clingan, 11) springs

whatever developmental depth piece we get to replace floyd shouldnt be the difference between winning a tourney game or not this season

Last edited:
Reaction Score
but his point still stands, the 9th through 13th guys on the team have to be content with not playing much if at all, like springs. otherwise they have the option to just pack up and leave now.

i think there is/was a 99% chance floyd entered this season as the 9th man on the roster. sure he coulda played ~10 mpg but the players we'll have can easily absorb that time.

1) sanogo, 2) newton, 3) jackson, 4) hawkins, 5) transfer guard?, 6) johnson, 7) karaban, 8) castle?, 9) floyd, 10) clingan, 11) springs

whatever developmental depth piece we get to replace floyd shouldnt be the difference between winning a tourney game or not this season
I disagree, I think Floyd was going to get a lot of time and has the versatility to play multiple positions. He surely would've been looking at a lot of minutes with the roster we have now, hopefully that changes and Hurley brings in a couple of more studs...he needs to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom