Hurley meeting media today | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hurley meeting media today

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hawkins with a Handle

Ajax with a consistent jump shot

This team takes a major step forward if both of those actually happen. Regardless, I believe this is AJax's last year before jumping to the league, hopefully he can become one of the top guys in the nation, everything is set for him to succeed.
I know that the NBA draft some potential, but AJ isn’t close to being ready yet. Now, it’s entirely possible he makes a giant jump in to his junior year, but right now, I don’t think it will happen.

Reaction Score
I know that the NBA draft some potential, but AJ isn’t close to being ready yet. Now, it’s entirely possible he makes a giant jump in to his junior year, but right now, I don’t think it will happen.
He’s a player who will keep improving but his skill set right now is not based on offense. He’s getting by on hustle and athletic ability, which won’t be the case in the Association.
He has to show a consistent offense and lockdown defensive game before teams take a flyer on him. There are dozens of Andre-like players in the G-League.

Reaction Score
He’s a player who will keep improving but his skill set right now is not based on offense. He’s getting by on hustle and athletic ability, which won’t be the case in the Association.
He has to show a consistent offense and lockdown defensive game before teams take a flyer on him. There are dozens of Andre-like players in the G-League.

He absolutely has lots to work on but his playmaking is what sets him apart. He’s not just an athlete at this point

Reaction Score
I think this is a hot seat year for Hurley, another early exit and he's toast & he knows it. Not ideal for all concerned but it seems to be the reality of whats ahead.
He’ll get 2 more years to show he can build UConn higher and get to the 2nd weekend of the tournament. If he falters twice he might be unemployed

Reaction Score
He absolutely has lots to work on but his playmaking is what sets him apart. He’s not just an athlete at this point

He's a good playmaker but that can't be the focus he needs to score. So far a few 3's, some floaters and the FFT line are his offense. He needs to be able to take defenders off the dribble and score the ball, whether dunk or mid range jumper. And he has tremendous vision, but needs to grab more than one speed and get a better feel for finishing plays even as the passer. So many good things to build off of with AJ, forgot to mention a tremendous rebounder for his size as well. But he needs to get that shot changed and be able to take people off the dribble, pull up and score or finish hard.

He's going to be huge for us, more improvement puts him a level above many.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
He's a good playmaker but that can't be the focus he needs to score. So far a few 3's, some floaters and the FFT line are his offense. He needs to be able to take defenders off the dribble and score the ball, whether dunk or mid range jumper. And he has tremendous vision, but needs to grab more than one speed and get a better feel for finishing plays even as the passer. So many good things to build off of with AJ, forgot to mention a tremendous rebounder for his size as well. But he needs to get that shot changed and be able to take people off the dribble, pull up and score or finish hard.

He's going to be huge for us, more improvement puts him a level above many.
Question for people who may have been to practices: have we seen AJ putting up shots practicing better shooting mechanics? I feel like if they were gonna work on changing his shot we would’ve seen at least some improvement to his form, but his hands are still doing some weird stuff when he pulls up. At this point I’m just thinking he has weird mechanics and that’s that, but if he can get them to fall at a good clip then who cares if it looks goofy as hell lol. I could be off though, maybe others have noticed subtle improvements to his form that I haven’t caught.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Next year is a huge year. Despite the transfers, Newton, Hawkins, AJ, Johnson, Sanogo is a GREAT lineup. That’s a sweet 16 caliber team. Bring in Castle and it’s a very dangerous team.

I’m so excited to see what kind of jump Hawkins and AJ take. So happy to hear AJ talking about attack moves and his inside game because he’d be so dangerous if he can take guys off the dribble.

I’m having dreams of a Newton, Castle, Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo lineup.

Round it out with Karaban and Johnson. DC getting a few minutes against squads that are big.

Reaction Score
Next year is a huge year. Despite the transfers, Newton, Hawkins, AJ, Johnson, Sanogo is a GREAT lineup. That’s a sweet 16 caliber team. Bring in Castle and it’s a very dangerous team.

I’m so excited to see what kind of jump Hawkins and AJ take. So happy to hear AJ talking about attack moves and his inside game because he’d be so dangerous if he can take guys off the dribble.

I’m having dreams of a Newton, Castle, Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo lineup.

Round it out with Karaban and Johnson. DC getting a few minutes against squads that are big.
Castle / Karaban / Clingan would be a lot of talent off the bench, all 4* top 100 players, but theyre still all freshmen. need another good transfer G and i'm right here with you.

Reaction Score
Question for people who may have been to practices: have we seen AJ putting up shots practicing better shooting mechanics? I feel like if they were gonna work on changing his shot we would’ve seen at least some improvement to his form, but his hands are still doing some weird stuff when he pulls up. At this point I’m just thinking he has weird mechanics and that’s that, but if he can get them to fall at a good clip then who cares if it looks goofy as hell lol. I could be off though, maybe others have noticed subtle improvements to his form that I haven’t caught.

Good news is Shabazz has been there maybe he’s working some magic with him? Bazz will be coaching here some day I do believe!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Castle / Karaban / Clingan would be a lot of talent off the bench, all 4* top 100 players, but theyre still all freshmen. need another good transfer G and i'm right here with you.
I would like to see another solid Craig Austrie like ball handler. Not someone who’ll take away from a Castle but someone who can lighten the load with running the offense and be dependable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom