Hurley Apologistas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley Apologistas

Reaction Score
When he is gone use the exorbitant money spent on basketball and spend it on football. I’m guessing if he continues to underperform he is gone after next season? Or is his contract too much of an albatross to fire him?

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
I think the program is definitely moving forward. Recruiting is better and we are competing at a higher level game to game. Rotation and in game management are the big issues imo. It’s up to the coaching staff to make the proper adjustments and the players to execute. Certain players have not produced and others need a shot. And you can’t fire a coach for losing close games to good teams. That’s crazy. Way too early to call for a man’s job.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
this guy doesn't post on the board for three months and then comes in to stir the pot with some horrible takes after a bad loss. absolute clown.
Three months. Sound the alarm.

Reaction Score
It’s still early, but it’s undeniable that this team plays poorly during winning time, injuries or not. Losing to every team better than you last year, including being non-competitive against a MD team who ran their coach out on a rail before December does not breed confidence, regardless of recruiting rankings.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
When he is gone use the exorbitant money spent on basketball and spend it on football. I’m guessing if he continues to underperform he is gone after next season? Or is his contract too much of an albatross to fire him?

How is Hurley underperforming?

Reaction Score
Let me know when the "you better get us now" is over.... and when"it's coming" begins... Tired of us looking like the most clueless offensive basketball team, shooting 23%... especially during big games on National TV, which we seem to lose always. I'm not sure what we practice, missing baskets?

Reaction Score
Sad. Year 4 no big wins. Hurley can flail around like a 30 games a year and collect his 3 mill and this program continues to go nowhere. But hey AD Dave brought some drunk Twitter fan today so fan engagement is good. Gaffney trash. Polley trash. Absolutely lifeless effort today for the first 30 minutes at home to open Big East play.

Blue goggle gang vibes is good. Just sad.
I was there today and i have to be honest i saw some things i did not like and im becoming quite concerned. From where i sat i had a great angle on how this offense runs and i seen so many spots for cuts to the basket that were missed it was crazy. When they attacked the basket we had success and somehow Hurley did not keep attacking or these kids have zero basketball IQ. Had a guy sitting next to me whos a coach and he noticed this and we just kept looking at each other shaking our heads most of the game.

Polley was absolutely atrocious today and has to be one of the worst players ive ever seen coming off a screen. He is dreadfully slow to set up and get his shot that by the time he does the defender is there. During warm ups i noticed that he was hitting from 3 but his shot seemed off. I have no idea why in the world he was in the game for most of the second half when he was hitting nothing. Sure he hit one but he looked terrible today and i didnt even talk about him being completely lost on defense and rebounding.

For the first time today i really got the feeling that DH might not be the guy. I cant imagine this guy outcoaching an opposing coach in a tight game late especially in the tournament against some of the elite coaches. I know i might get bashed for this but DH may be a poor mans Calipari. Great recruiter but simply not a top tier X n Os guy. I am truly concerned.

Reaction Score
Is this a joke? yes spend the money on football because the football program is showing so much more potential and doing so much better than basketball! LOL! Go get your head examined!

Reaction Score
Maybe we can bring Calhoun back and we can watch people try to blame him for players missing shots.
I was there today. It goes beyond that. Coaching is an issue. Believe me i was saying the same thing youre saying but today live and in person i saw some things that are very concerning.

Reaction Score
The team’s shooters are not performing. Polley and Hawkins were supposed to provide 3 point shooting. Where is that?

Reaction Score
The team’s shooters are not performing. Polley and Hawkins were supposed to provide 3 point shooting. Where is that?
Yes! If Polley goes 2/7 and Hawkins 1/3 which was very achievable then we win the game...if we win the game by 2 points then most of the naysayers would be singing a different tune and this thread probably does not even exist

Reaction Score
I was there today and i have to be honest i saw some things i did not like and im becoming quite concerned. From where i sat i had a great angle on how this offense runs and i seen so many spots for cuts to the basket that were missed it was crazy. When they attacked the basket we had success and somehow Hurley did not keep attacking or these kids have zero basketball IQ. Had a guy sitting next to me whos a coach and he noticed this and we just kept looking at each other shaking our heads most of the game.

Polley was absolutely atrocious today and has to be one of the worst players ive ever seen coming off a screen. He is dreadfully slow to set up and get his shot that by the time he does the defender is there. During warm ups i noticed that he was hitting from 3 but his shot seemed off. I have no idea why in the world he was in the game for most of the second half when he was hitting nothing. Sure he hit one but he looked terrible today and i didnt even talk about him being completely lost on defense and rebounding.

For the first time today i really got the feeling that DH might not be the guy. I cant imagine this guy outcoaching an opposing coach in a tight game late especially in the tournament against some of the elite coaches. I know i might get bashed for this but DH may be a poor mans Calipari. Great recruiter but simply not a top tier X n Os guy. I am truly concerned.
Polley gave up ZERO points today on defense but bozos like you say he's a bad defender. There's a reason Akok was glued to the bench because he routinely gets lost on defense. Yes, Akok's 2 blocks were nice in the first 5 minutes but nothing after. Whaley was horrible on defense too. He got burned all game. Who was guarding Reeves first half? Apparently nobody. Everybody sucked today. Hurley doesn't know how to prepare this team for big games in year #4.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hurley is a feature, not a bug. The Yard is a lot easier to navigate knowing this.

Reaction Score
Yes! If Polley goes 2/7 and Hawkins 1/3 which was very achievable then we win the game...if we win the game by 2 points then most of the naysayers would be singing a different tune and this thread probably does not even exist
Yes, and as my father used to say, "IF the dog didn't stop to crap he would have caught the rabbit".

I've been a big fan for years, but have to admit Bill Parcells was right when he said you are what your record says you are. And the record said going into this game that PC had some very good wins while we were hanging our hats on a double OT win over Auburn and a couple close losses........now we have a third, but no real sign that there's overall improvement outside AJ.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nobody wants to hear the truth but our fanbase overrates our players and our team. Talked about how Providence was a win.
I just saw a Providence team that was tougher than us outplayed us and we were definitely outcoached. Horrible defense, everytime UCONN got close they would give up a 3 pointer or layup on the other end. Not a mentally tough team at this point!

Reaction Score
Let me know when the "you better get us now" is over.... and when"it's coming" begins... Tired of us looking like the most clueless offensive basketball team, shooting 23%... especially during big games on National TV, which we seem to lose always. I'm not sure what we practice, missing baskets?
We did not score a basket for over 8 minutes in the first half and we're shooting something like 17% at that point. We were lucky to be in the game at that point. You go 8 minutes without scoring at home against a good team you won't win period.

Reaction Score
Maybe we can bring Calhoun back and we can watch people try to blame him for players missing shots.
Not defending nor excusing coach H but I remember in the earlier years of Calhoun people b1tched how he ranted more than coached. Of those were the days when the internet was a baby so the bitching was on sports talk shows and on cave walls. Even after the Dream Season the nay sayers ran their mouths. It is obvious that adjustments are needed. As Joe D used to say early in the broadcasts of games—— “this is only the start of things”…….I say let’s take a reading in week 2 in January before we bring the guilitine to Gampel Pavilion and break down the doors demand that Hurley be turned over to a mob of crazed fans.

Reaction Score
Well we’ve got Hurley for 5 years beyond this one so fasten your seatbelts. He’s made us relative again, recruits well and we don’t get blown out by 20 plus in every nationally televised game anymore. Unfortunately we may need to accept at some point that going deep into March might not be a high expectation with Hurley. With all of that said, let’s all take a huge deep breath and see how differently the team might play when Sanogo is back. Despite being a black hole, he should open up the offense a lot more. I think if Diggins and Johnson can develop into reliable pieces of the rotation, there’s still plenty of reason to be optimistic about the remainder of the season.

Reaction Score
Well we’ve got Hurley for 5 years beyond this one so fasten your seatbelts. He’s made us relative again, recruits well and we don’t get blown out by 20 plus in every nationally televised game anymore. Unfortunately we may need to accept at some point that going deep into March might not be a high expectation with Hurley. With all of that said, let’s all take a huge deep breath and see how differently the team might play when Sanogo is back. Despite being a black hole, he should open up the offense a lot more. I think if Diggins and Johnson can develop into reliable pieces of the rotation, there’s still plenty of reason to be optimistic about the remainder of the season.
Providence mAscot is a man of the proverbial cloth but the Friars always play against us as devils. It’s almost like the Red Sox and Yankees.

Reaction Score
Year 4. Good recruiting, lots of big talk, and mediocre outcomes. It’s fair to wonder whether Hurley is the real deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom