How many Penn St transfers does UConn get, if any, and whom are most likely? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How many Penn St transfers does UConn get, if any, and whom are most likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
this is basically what i just posted in another thread as it was explained to me earlier 2night. i can confirm that we have taken the steps and are in the convo with kids....

Do you have any insight on which kids? I have already hear that Fortt has heard from us. Who else?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Do you have any insight on which kids? I have already hear that Fortt has heard from us. Who else?

i know of 3, 2 are who u think they are and a 3rd in a dline guy. i would imagine the list is alot larger than that. i will be digging and contacting all night i think and see what happens 2moro.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
i know of 3, 2 are who u think they are and a 3rd in a dline guy. i would imagine the list is alot larger than that. i will be digging and contacting all night i think and see what happens 2moro.

Why the "hush-hush"? Are you afraid to expose a contact who would otherwise like to be anonymous? Well, if by the 2 that I would imagine, you meant Fortt and Golden, then cool. The DLine guy must be an out-of-state guy, then...

Reaction Score
If a coach wants to talk to a kid I'm sure there is a way to do that without calling him or his family directly.

Reaction Score
Why the "hush-hush"? Are you afraid to expose a contact who would otherwise like to be anonymous? Well, if by the 2 that I would imagine, you meant Fortt and Golden, then cool. The DLine guy must be an out-of-state guy, then...

I had on my list and maybe the stasff did as well, Evan Schwan. IMO, they will go after kids they know well or have a connection with, and Schwan was a highly sought after recruit just a few months ago.

Reaction Score
Wendy Laurent? We were pretty involved with him last year.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If a coach wants to talk to a kid I'm sure there is a way to do that without calling him or his family directly.
I saw a quote from a college coach who said that if he's interested in any players, he'll reach out to their high school coach.

Reaction Score
Really tough position for the players.

First guess is most stay to support the new coach and PSU athletic tradition. The athletes are quite talented, even those that are backups.Accordingly, even without being bowl or championship game eligible, they play in a conference with excellent tradition and competition.......and top notch caliper of play. If they inspire to go on after college, and perform well, the NFL will take notice.

Second guess, if they desire to leave, they will contact those places that were on the top of their list before choosing PSU. I don't think the would leave a program that will have some challenges, and choose to go to an unstable conference. I will be surprised if any BE team benefits by departures from PSU.

I thought contacting players was against the rules. "Guy Fortt, later on Monday, said his son was contacted by about 30 schools on Monday"

Reaction Score
Too soon for this thread?

Silas Redd? Decent shot?
Mike & Mike on ESPN were speculating that schools are contacting players even though I believe players are supposed to make first contact. They then tied Penn States best player Silas Redd to USC saying he could put them over the top for a national title.

Reaction Score
Now that the cloud of uncertainty is now a hammer, how do you stay at PSU when you have 2-4 years of eligibility left? How do you even recruit to that school?

(sadly, their recruiting over the next 4 years will still be better than ours)
No it won't! only 15 players a year, and at the bottom of he Big 10, new coach, will be hard to recruit.

Reaction Score
I thought contacting players was against the rules. "Guy Fortt, later on Monday, said his son was contacted by about 30 schools on Monday"

It looks as if the normal contact rules have been suspended in the PSU case.

Permission-to-contact rules will be suspended. Penn State cannot restrict in any way a student-athlete from pursuing a possible transfer. Student-athletes must simply inform Penn State of their interest in discussing transfer options with other schools. Interested schools also must inform Penn State of their intention to open discussions with the student-athlete.
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/20120723/21207234

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I had on my list and maybe the stasff did as well, Evan Schwan. IMO, they will go after kids they know well or have a connection with, and Schwan was a highly sought after recruit just a few months ago.
Schwan is staying at Penn State

Reaction Score
Mike & Mike on ESPN were speculating that schools are contacting players even though I believe players are supposed to make first contact. They then tied Penn States best player Silas Redd to USC saying he could put them over the top for a national title.
Take this as far as you can throw it...

Desmond Conner@desmondconner
Silas Redd Sr., by phone this AM on his son #PennState RB Silas Redd Jr. "Silas Redd is a student-athlete at Penn State University, period."

pj

Reaction Score
Penn State kids who had UConn offers:
2013: Garrett Sickels, Brendan Mahon, Zayd Issah, Brandon Bell, Curtis Cothran.
2012: Evan Schwan, Malik Golden, Akeel Lynch, Eugene Lewis.
2011: Adrian Amos, Anthony Alosi, Ben Kline, Shawn Oakman.

Also, I'd like to get Will Fuller, 2013 WR commit from Philly, don't know why we didn't offer.

Fortt and Redd were in the 2010 class, gems of that class. They'll probably stay at PSU and go pro next spring.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone have a sense of how good a shot we have at Golden?

Reaction Score
I think he is the most likely transfer if we land any.

Quotes attributed to local NYC HS coaches in one of the NYC tabloids were disturbing to me; both as a UCONN fan and a "hijacked" (Because I'm a UCONN fan) BE fan. The scholarship reduction and lack of bowl and championship opportunities were primary reasons the coaches cited as effecting PSU recruiting. Not one of the four or five (Erasmus Hall, Brooklyn Poly and Tottenville were schools I remember) coaches mentioned the actual crimes or the related "ick" factor.This disturbed me on a human level.

Also disturbing were the schools noted by the coaches as being the primary beneficiaries of PSU's transfer and recruiting difficulties. Guess which school and what conference are/were conspicuous by its/their absence?

And we continue to hear "The Sounds of Silence." Way to promote the conference BE guys!

Reaction Score
This is what I found out today from a source that knows Fortt and Redd from both Stamford and Penn State. TIFWIW:

It appears that Redd is going to most likely stay at Penn State. He is fairly interested in USC and a few SEC schools, but he really likes Penn State. He wants to go to the NFL after this year like Des reported. There doesn't appear to be too much interest in UConn. The UConn staff hasn't tried terribly hard to recruit him, but if he showed more interest they would obviously go all out to try and get him.

Fortt's decision is a little bit more complicated. He is interested in a number of schools, with his dad handling the communication. UConn is very high on his list and his dad seems to really like Pasqualoni. His Dad did not really care for Paterno that much, he didn't like that Paterno didn't seem to be very involved day in and day out with the program, and Paterno didn't seem to show much concern after Khairi hurt his knee. His mom on the other hand loves the academics at Penn State and wants Khairi to stay. It seems like his dad wants him to leave and he may be a bit torn. UConn will be a major player for him should he decide to transfer.

Reaction Score
This is what I found out today from a source that knows Fortt and Redd from both Stamford and Penn State. TIFWIW:

It appears that Redd is going to most likely stay at Penn State. He is fairly interested in USC and a few SEC schools, but he really likes Penn State. He wants to go to the NFL after this year like Des reported. There doesn't appear to be too much interest in UConn. The UConn staff hasn't tried terribly hard to recruit him, but if he showed more interest they would obviously go all out to try and get him.

Fortt's decision is a little bit more complicated. He is interested in a number of schools, with his dad handling the communication. UConn is very high on his list and his dad seems to really like Pasqualoni. His Dad did not really care for Paterno that much, he didn't like that Paterno didn't seem to be very involved day in and day out with the program, and Paterno didn't seem to show much concern after Khairi hurt his knee. His mom on the other hand loves the academics at Penn State and wants Khairi to stay. It seems like his dad wants him to leave and he may be a bit torn. UConn will be a major player for him should he decide to transfer.

Redd could be this summer's Andre Drummond. Ticket sales would spike immediately. Silas wants to go to the NFL, has he heard of Jordan Todman and Donald Brown? Our coaching staff has recent NFL experience and we run a pro-style offense with a QB (Whitmer) who has a chance to be a big time force in the conference.

C'mon Silas and Khairi, help take your home state school to the next level, and bring some friends (Golden) with you.

Reaction Score
Redd could be this summer's Andre Drummond. Ticket sales would spike immediately. Silas wants to go to the NFL, has he heard of Jordan Todman and Donald Brown? Our coaching staff has recent NFL experience and we run a pro-style offense with a QB (Whitmer) who has a chance to be a big time force in the conference.

C'mon Silas and Khairi, help take your home state school to the next level, and bring some friends (Golden) with you.
enjoy your enthusiasm, but with Silas we'd be an afterthought either way....

Reaction Score
enjoy your enthusiasm, but with Silas we'd be an afterthought either way....

No way. "Johnhuskies95" said "there doesn't appear to be too much interest" which clearly means there is some interest (cue the Dumb and Dumber scene). UCONN has a much better shot at the National Championship game then Penn State does especially if Silas returns home.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
According to pre snap read UConn offered 15 PSU commits over the last three classes. Even if it's not one of the big three I figure they get one transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom