How many Penn St transfers does UConn get, if any, and whom are most likely? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

How many Penn St transfers does UConn get, if any, and whom are most likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even though all the sharks are hovering around current PSU players it sure looks like the core isn't going anywhere this year...

Reaction Score
It's still just one day after the announcement. I think by Monday you will hear kids leaving. A trickle and then a flood me hopes.

Now the NCAA has to throw the book at the U.

Reaction Score
Fortt is an impact player and good on specials. Wish him well regardless but would love to have him here. We've always needed more lower FFC guys and those 2 might have broke for us if not for PSU..

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Who is John Nash?

he is a sports writer for the norwalk hour. he has been doing more and more uconn stuff the past 2 years and i hope he continues. the hour had been on the down swing for a couple years(imho) but more ppl locally are going back to it with the advocate or just switching because he has done a good job. its great to see other newspapers and media heads covering uconn from outside the upstate area. keep it up john!!! btw, he has a username on here so he is watching. i hope his writings on uconn get posted here just like dez stuff and others. he broke the whitmer story last year fwiw, might be our most impact player form this class. john is uping his game and the more writers that pump uconn in ct and the region the better. just another example of our brand growing quickly and where its going!

Reaction Score
he is a sports writer for the norwalk hour. he has been doing more and more uconn stuff the past 2 years and i hope he continues. the hour had been on the down swing for a couple years(imho) but more ppl locally are going back to it with the advocate or just switching because he has done a good job. its great to see other newspapers and media heads covering uconn from outside the upstate area. keep it up john!!! btw, he has a username on here so he is watching. i hope his writings on uconn get posted here just like dez stuff and others. he broke the whitmer story last year fwiw, might be our most impact player form this class. john is uping his game and the more writers that pump uconn in ct and the region the better. just another example of our brand growing quickly and where its going!

If I pay for you to take a touch typing class so you don't mind hitting the shift key, will you go to it? ;)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think if Silas Redd transfers to USC, you'll see the floodgates open. All it's going to take is one key player to leave before others on the team start to see that this upcoming season is a lost one. While PSU wasn't even going to have a dominate season this year, the loss of a key offensive player might make more players realize that there are better options for them out there. I really feel right now that the players leaving or staying will hinge on the decision of players like Redd. If he goes, look for many others to follow suit.

PSU's #1 QB recruit is also reconsidering his commit for next season and going to visit campus to do "fact finding"

http://espn.go.com/college-football...n-hackenberg-revisit-penn-state-nittany-lions

Reaction Score
There were reports earlier about kids not wanting to leave the facilities because the vultures were outside swarming.

As Dan said, Amos had a tweet essentially saying leave us alone, especially the kids that just stood up and said we're staying.

This whole thing is

this whole ridiculous episode is only going to galvanize the players and school. the NCAA's biggest mistake with this punishment is that now PSU thinks they're being victimized

Reaction Score
Some of the reality of the sanctions will gradually sink in for the players and recruits. There are some factors that would make me have second thoughts as a player and recruit. One being associated with the fact that the B1G is known for it's early end to the regular season. Where some conferences play into the first week of December, the B1G finishes their season on or before Thanksgiving. When the season ends a school cannot have practices. With the sanctions eliminating bowl opportunities for 4 years means missing out on 20-25 practices per season or 80-100 practices over the next 4 years.

For a player trying to develop skills with aspirations for the NFL, or even for a player that is low on the depth chart but wants time and practice to develop, the lack of organized practice time is significant.

The one thing that PSU obviously negotiated was that the NCAA and B1G did not eliminate or limit their TV time. This is something that O'Brien has been touting to players and recruits since the sanctions came out. I find this quite irritating as you know ESPN will be marketing PSU games like crazy. This is one easy sanction that the NCAA passed on with no explaination.

Reaction Score
Never mind the holier than thou perspective. . . UConn needs to get in on this liquidation. UConn did nothing wrong in this situation (the Penn State scandal), the same as the current players at PSU so there is no shame in them jumping ship and the Huskies offering them an all expense paid cruise. This is big time football and UConn is playing catch-up. Survival of the fitest, fastest and most capable recruiters.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Are you actually typing from a real pc keyboard or are you using some form of portable device with a non pc style keyboard?

i type stuff on here from a dell in the boston college university libraries

Reaction Score

Dan,
Isn't the "Hour" part of the Hearst consortium that includes the "Post," "Greenwich Time" and "Stamford Advocate?" They share content and are all, in my opinion, doing a much better job of covering UCONN.

Reaction Score
Dan,
Isn't the "Hour" part of the Hearst consortium that includes the "Post," "Greenwich Time" and "Stamford Advocate?" They share content and are all, in my opinion, doing a much better job of covering UCONN.

Yes, it is. The Danbury NewsTimes as well.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
didn't know that. all i know is that for a while people were switching from paper to paper. i don't get any of them by my dad does. i check it from time to time. a lot of ppl in the area have said or talked about the #uptick in uconn coverage lately. mainly i run thru websites...

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Dan,

Yes, it is. The Danbury NewsTimes as well.

absolutely NOT - the Norwalk Hour is the last independent newspaper in lower Fairfield County - I was never a fan, but as the G Time, Stamford Advocate and CT Post go quickly downhill, the Hour has stepped it up

Reaction Score
absolutely NOT - the Norwalk Hour is the last independent newspaper in lower Fairfield County - I was never a fan, but as the G Time, Stamford Advocate and CT Post go quickly downhill, the Hour has stepped it up

Thank you.

Reaction Score
What I mean is thank you and which reply, BL's or dvegas', is correct?

I knew the News Times is under the same ownership as the Post. Don't know anything about the Hour, so what I repeated about it might very well be wrong. But I don't know that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom