Homecoming Weekend: Where Did You Live At UConn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Homecoming Weekend: Where Did You Live At UConn?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They destroyed their dorms and blamed it on Wheeler just for something to do.
Well, one time a guy from Stowe nailed one of our girls in the head with a snowball while she was walking back to the dorm. During our righteous retaliation we chased a bunch of Stowe guys (and I think it may have been "A") back into their lounge where they retreated behind couches as we continued the battle. They did end up a whole lot of snow in there.

Afterward we realized that the event had triggered a massive quadwide snowball fight. The crowd moved to West Campus. We washed over West like high tide during a hurricane and were in the middle of attacking McMahon (now joined by West) when all of sudden we saw a dark line at the horizon. It wasn't at the horizon it was ground level. It took us a few seconds to realize what it was and all at once people started screaming "North Campus." McMahon joined us as we raced to repel the barbarian hordes but ultimately we were overwhelmed.

When it was clear they'd won, someone screamed "Buckley" and we all raced there. On the way we passed a guy on a bike who, instead of sensibly walking his bike through the crowd, put his head down and tried to ride through the crowd as fast as he could. The rate he was pelted by snowballs was like machine gun fire. I actually felt a little bad for him.

Good times.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Fairfield 3rd.

Fairfield 313 here. 2000-2001. Inintially i thought being directly across the hall from the head was great. Short walk n all. Then the sunday morning cross breeze came along.

Reaction Score
Got stuck in Lafayette (Towers) to start

Goodyear A

Batterson B

Crandall for my 9th semester. Great year, 20 guys on the floor, and 3 of them weren’t 9th semester.
Lived in Batterson B, then was a waiter there for 2 years as I lived in a house in West Willington for a year then Carraige House ( third set of buildings on right). Huskyhawk, which years where you at Batterson?

Reaction Score
Buckley 5N 2 years - RA in the Jungle after that - 1 year in Fairfield and 1 semester in Tolland.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Wright A for 3 years- was a "steward" for 1 year- awesome. Brock for my senior year!!

Reaction Score
Another vote for Batterson, meandering with a red cup in my hand between friends' rooms in A, B and C most of the time, back in the late '80s.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Jungle. Baldwin Hall. First 2 years, 1 1/2 on social probation. Had to leave or I'd be dead now. 2 years McMahon N. 1 yr social probation.
Loved all 4 yrs

Reaction Score
Another vote for Batterson, meandering with a red cup in my hand between friends' rooms in A, B and C most of the time, back in the late '80s.
Early 80's for me, but same experience with red solo cups

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lived in Batterson B, then was a waiter there for 2 years as I lived in a house in West Willington for a year then Carraige House ( third set of buildings on right). Huskyhawk, which years where you at Batterson?

I think it was 86-88. That was a good dorm.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Towers- Sherman House ‘87-‘91
Sherman Rules the Quad

My freshman year at Lafayette, our Hall was painted with “Fourth Floor Sherman House”. Loads of guys who had been removed from Sherman the year before when the school broke it up and made it coed due to all the problems there. Quite an intro to colllege life for me. Very Animal House.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well, one time a guy from Stowe nailed one of our girls in the head with a snowball while she was walking back to the dorm. During our righteous retaliation we chased a bunch of Stowe guys (and I think it may have been "A") back into their lounge where they retreated behind couches as we continued the battle. They did end up a whole lot of snow in there.

Afterward we realized that the event had triggered a massive quadwide snowball fight. The crowd moved to West Campus. We washed over West like high tide during a hurricane and were in the middle of attacking McMahon (now joined by West) when all of sudden we saw a dark line at the horizon. It wasn't at the horizon it was ground level. It took us a few seconds to realize what it was and all at once people started screaming "North Campus." McMahon joined us as we raced to repel the barbarian hordes but ultimately we were overwhelmed.

When it was clear they'd won, someone screamed "Buckley" and we all raced there. On the way we passed a guy on a bike who, instead of sensibly walking his bike through the crowd, put his head down and tried to ride through the crowd as fast as he could. The rate he was pelted by snowballs was like machine gun fire. I actually felt a little bad for him.

Good times.

I remember a snowball fight...war really, very much like that. Friend of mine had his eardrum broken. Several hundred people at least. Think it was 84-85.

Reaction Score
Class of ‘77 - Jefferson House, Towers Quad. One beautiful spring day the Jefferson guys rallied about 100 Towers residents. Armed with trash cans and buckets full of water, we marched down the hill, through the church lot and on to North Campus. There we attacked an unsuspecting student population. They quickly realized what was happening, and responded in kind. What a blast!

Reaction Score
Snowball fights at UConn make perfect sense. Had one in the space between Belden and Watson sometime 78 - 82. It was later at night, hard to tell who the enemy was. Had a lovely bruise on my cheek for a few days. Lasting memory of Belden: the smell of old beer and the sticky carpet in the first floor lounge.

Not one Boneyarder said they lived in the library....

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Snowball fights at UConn make perfect sense. Had one in the space between Belden and Watson sometime 78 - 82. It was later at night, hard to tell who the enemy was. Had a lovely bruise on my cheek for a few days. Lasting memory of Belden: the smell of old beer and the sticky carpet in the first floor lounge.

Not one Boneyarder said they lived in the library....
There was a library on campus? Where about was it? :D

Reaction Score
My freshman year at Lafayette, our Hall was painted with “Fourth Floor Sherman House”. Loads of guys who had been removed from Sherman the year before when the school broke it up and made it coed due to all the problems there. Quite an intro to colllege life for me. Very Animal House.
Yes, I know a lot of those guys and that vibe and mind set went on through the 80’s and into the early 90’s. There is a gravestone outside of the dorm that commemorates the breaking up of the dorm. My wife says to me that I can’t believe you went to college with so many characters, how did you ever get through? My response “barely”

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Groton Long Point, Wright A #308, Walden Apartments #20A, '72-'76. There was an epic snowball fight one night during a snowstorm in '75 between Northwest Quad (The Frats) and the Jungle. There must have been over a hundred people on the ground. I was on the roof of Wright A with my roommate. We provided devastating covering fire with frozen snowballs (and some fruit, too, as I recall) launched from a giant slingshot we made from lengths of surgical tubing and a funnel.

Reaction Score
New London Hall 4th Floor in the Jungle 1978-81. Connecticut Commons grad dorms 82-85.

Last edited:

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Wheeler C, Carriage House, Maplewood. And a summer in the house next to Huskies.

Reaction Score
Freshman year-Windham-Jungle
Soph. Year-Tolland-Jungle
Next 2.5 years-Jefferson in Towers-in those years, Towers Rocked!
Next incarnation until graduating Willington Oaks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom