Homecoming Weekend: Where Did You Live At UConn? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Homecoming Weekend: Where Did You Live At UConn?

Reaction Score
I needed 4.5 years to escape the jungle.
2 years in the Hurley Pit - '87-'88 and '88-'89.
2.5 years in the Windham Pit - '89-'90, '90-'91, fall of '91.
Both rooms looking out on the Jungle beach.
WAY too much fun, hence the extra semester...

Reaction Score
Russell C in Frats, mid 90s. Spent four years there. I also ended up needing to do an additional semester as a commuter as a result.

Reaction Score
So you were there when the Pacman machine became bonfire kindling and some couches too

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Morgan in Towers 90-91
Crawford D in old South 91-92
Hartford in The Jungle 92-94
Brock in Alumni 94-95

Reaction Score
Lafayette '76-'78 (SODBBS), year off, Walden '79-80, Carriage House '80-81 - waiter at Lafayette both off campus years. Small dorms/kitchens allowed a bonding that is lost with the centralized cafeterias.

Probably not the same kind of bonding as the naked dinners at IDC but I'll take your word for it.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Wow! 52-3 years ago. Troy House. Best place on earth. Bill Horsman ran the Horse Bar. Came in with a trunkful of cases of beer every weekend. Case at the time was prolly $6-7 max. Sold beers for $.75. The whole campus passed thru the HB every weekend. Put himself thru school on the profit. Usurious

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that was an RA?

My years were 1975-1979. The flannel wearing last of the Vietnam generation were still around when I arrived; and stories of demonstrations. Frampton Comes Alive played loud begat Hustle lessons in the dorm basements when the decade ended.

Kingston House first two years. With the Incomparable irrepressible Ugly Man

Stowe B - with the chaos that made the decision to break up the All Male nature obvious to all. And no ... Stowe A Stowe B Stowe C Stowe D did not get along.

The End of the World party was notable for making The NY Times. And the weird thing was the Connecticut motorcycle Gangs showed up. Free Kegs? Girls? They came from hours away. That was me coming back to attend/witness.

Then ... RA. Brock Third Floor. What do you do with a star Baseball pitcher throwing a keg out of the windows.

Reaction Score
Wheeler A in South Campus. I agree with CL82. 2 floors girls and 1 floor guys. We had our own chef who would make breakfast to order and then family style dinner in the evening.

Reaction Score
Knollwood Apts (Birth - 3 yrs old: father getting his PhD)
Jungle - New London 2nd floor (‘81-‘82)
McMahon - 3 North (‘82-‘83 when floor was all female, ‘83-‘84 when floor was coed by room)
Shippee - 5th floor (RA ‘84-‘85)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Stowe C.

It was nice.

We had a dumpster fire to celebrate the end of the year and then we all lived somewhere else the next year...

Reaction Score
Buckley then Frats. Was a dorm steward my senior year. Best job I ever had. Imagine having keys to the kitchen in college.........

Reaction Score
Probably not the same kind of bonding as the naked dinners at IDC but I'll take your word for it.
loved to take visitors on late night tours of the IDC artwork but did miss the naked dinners

Reaction Score
Hurley Pit right after you. Thanks for leaving it in good shape! By good, I mean my father didn't want to leave me there. His exact words were, "our family worked our way out of sh$%^y tenements in Brooklyn, and now I'm leaving you here?" I liked it enough to stay for two years. Then off campus in a house that I heard was later condemned.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wheeler A in South Campus. We had our own chef who would make breakfast to order and then family style dinner in the evening.

I think that was SOP for all of South. Had that both in Crandall and Stowe.

Our cook in Crandall was Stan, an old Polish guy who used to try to work in recipes from his motherland, but whenever he tried to serve beets, that automatically led to a food fight because nothing stains like beets.

Reaction Score
So you were there when the Pacman machine became bonfire kindling and some couches too

LMAO! We started the fire after the '90 Clemson game with a wheel of Tyler Phommachanh, our coffee table and the shirts off our back. I have pics! Couches did figure into it too. The RAs got involved when some kids started wheeling a piano down from one of the lounges. I think the Pac Man machine was after the NIT championship game in '88 which I attended in MSG.

Hurley Pit right after you. Thanks for leaving it in good shape! By good, I mean my father didn't want to leave me there. His exact words were, "our family worked our way out of sh$%^y tenements in Brooklyn, and now I'm leaving you here?" I liked it enough to stay for two years. Then off campus in a house that I heard was later condemned.

My mother felt the same way. I walked into my freshman room and there were probably 30 ceiling tiles missing which exposed a crack that ran the entire length of the room to the wall in the hallway outside my door. My mother started sniffling after about 2 minutes!

Reaction Score
LMAO! We started the fire after the '90 Clemson game with a wheel of Tyler Phommachanh, our coffee table and the shirts off our back. I have pics! Couches did figure into it too. The RAs got involved when some kids started wheeling a piano down from one of the lounges. I think the Pac Man machine was after the NIT championship game in '88 which I attended in MSG.

My mother felt the same way. I walked into my freshman room and there were probably 30 ceiling tiles missing which exposed a crack that ran the entire length of the room to the wall in the hallway outside my door. My mother started sniffling after about 2 minutes!

I can confirm that the Windham Pit took credit for the start of the fire. I still occasionally keep in touch with one guy from your floor AreBee. I was always impressed because I'm not sure that Tate's shot had hit the floor before my roommate and I had our couch out the door and the fire was already raging.

Reaction Score
I can confirm that the Windham Pit took credit for the start of the fire. I still occasionally keep in touch with one guy from your floor AreBee. I was always impressed because I'm not sure that Tate's shot had hit the floor before my roommate and I had our couch out the door and the fire was already raging.

The coffee table was a flimsy little thing and got trampled. One of the last kids out picked up the scraps. It was the perfect kindling.

I still keep in touch with a few of them as well. There were only four rooms on the floor so we were a pretty tight knit group.

Reaction Score
03-08

McMahon N 6th floor
Willy oaks
Celeron
Cedar ridge

Dorms just weren't for my lifestyle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics