Homecoming Weekend: Where Did You Live At UConn? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Homecoming Weekend: Where Did You Live At UConn?

Reaction Score
Buckley then Sprague. UConn sports celebs that lived in Sprague while I was there: Marc Suhr, Rod Sellers, Scott Burrell, "Cup" Covington Cormier, Kevin Wesley

Reaction Score
Rogers A, Keg bar in the Basement. Rarely the RA might come up and say "Fellas, put a towel under the door at least." Decent Chow, good chef. Carriage House 2nd to last building on the left all the way down, water bed, forget the number. Barbra Manor.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Trumbull House when it was pretty new all 4,years, but more time at the Dairy Bar, Lou’s after women’s curfew, yes they had curfews, and The Rock Garden in Willi. Off campus living was rare. My last 3 years I was in a very big corner room for 2 that eventually I believe became a triple if not a quad.

The move toward gender mixed quadrangles (not dorms) started when I was there and I sat on the university committee that moved toward eliminating female curfews and gender integrated dorms. No more morality police, and the rest is history. The 60s were a great time to be in college, so many things changing.

Reaction Score
I lived in 12A too in the 70's. We built a wall dividing the big bedroom into 2 smaller ones with separate entrances. To our surprise the management left it there. Was it still there in the 80's?
Yeah it was still there, I actually had one of those smaller bedrooms. Nice work!

Reaction Score
Rogers A, Keg bar in the Basement. Rarely the RA might come up and say "Fellas, put a towel under the door at least." Decent Chow, good chef. Carriage House 2nd to last building on the left all the way down, water bed, forget the number. Barbra Manor.
Troy House. Same there, good chow/chef. Then Woodhaven Apts. I was asked if I wanted to wash the dinner dishes in exchange for eating there. It was a good deal.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Proud member of the Stowe C Funnelator Squad, 1977.
Winner of South Campus Poker Tournament, Crandall C, 1977-8.

Reaction Score
Colt-Jefferson Fall 08
Russell Spring 09
New London 09-10
Nathan Hale (yes, the hotel) 10-11
Oak Grove apartments (behind the Hilltop towers) 11-12

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Buckley (2 North) for 2 years
Mansfield Apartments for a year
Then off campus at Walden Apartments for senior year.

Man I miss college and living in a bubble with nothing to worry about except the occasional class to go to! ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Got stuck in Lafayette (Towers) to start

Goodyear A

Batterson B

Crandall for my 9th semester. Great year, 20 guys on the floor, and 3 of them weren’t 9th semester.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Frosh, Soph: South - Wheeler B 60 residents 2 floors girls, 1 floor guys and our own chef. Gotta say, life was good.

Junior: Ellsworth 6th (Vern Giscombe)
Senior year had a single next door to the Morris Mountain (Chuck Aleksinas) who is dead to me now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
End of the World party in South Campus for closing of Stowe in 93 was totally out of control and a blast!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
End of the World party in South Campus for closing of Stowe in 93 was totally out of control and a blast!
The End of World party was when the university made Stowe co-ed. That happened in '79 It was wild, totally out of control and a blast! I laugh at your 1993 lite version.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
When I hear descriptions of where many on you lived, I’m convinced we knew each other in our pre Boneyard lives. For me Fairfield Hall and Batterson D was where I laid my head when I wasn’t hanging out at Teds.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The End of World party was when the university made Stowe co-ed. That happened in '79 It was wild, totally out of control and a blast! I laugh at your 1993 lite version.

Yeah, that had me scratching my head.

That was the year after Stowe A literally had raw sewage dripping into the kitchen.

Even though Stowe had a/b/c/d like every other South Campus dorm, Stowe A were a breed of their own. They ripped out the pay phone so nobody could call home. A bunch of them would sit astride the sidewalk in the quad with Olympic scorecards rating every girl who walked by. They destroyed their dorms and blamed it on Wheeler just for something to do. And the EOTWP resulted in some students being denied diplomas until they paid back the $30K+ in damages. I was in C and we used to sometimes get the overflow from when they'd flood the hallways and turn them into a slip n' slide. Quite the group.

Reaction Score
We called it the End of The World Party because the Dorm was being torn down, didn’t really have much to do with how great or crazy the party was.

Reaction Score
Even though Stowe had a/b/c/d like every other South Campus dorm, Stowe A were a breed of their own. They ripped out the pay phone so nobody could call home. They destroyed their dorms and blamed it on Wheeler just for something to do. And the EOTWP resulted in some students being denied diplomas until they paid back the $30K+ in damages. I was in C and we used to sometimes get the overflow from when they'd flood the hallways and turn them into a slip n' slide. Quite the group.
Damn I thought we (the guys on 3rd and girls on 2nd floors) went hard New London 09-10

Worst I got is ripping the bulletin boards out the walls, knocking the ceiling tiles out, having the toilet seats kicked off, a stripper in one of the quad rooms (old study rooms?) here and there, girls flooding the floor when apple bobbing went wrong, swinging from the pipes in the bathroom, a chick almost burning the whole thing down with a poorly-ashed bowl...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom