Here's a shocker - the TV contract will suck. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Here's a shocker - the TV contract will suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
On behalf of everyone here, I'd like to once again thank Mike Aresco for adding Tulane. What a brilliant move by the man who led the last network to embrace HD technology. What a visionary.

Just think. without Tulane, everyone would make $1.9 million a year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I guess ESPN will get some satisfaction from what happens to Cincinnati, USF and UConn after how badly they duck*ed up the Big East TV deal. At least UConn, USF, and Cincinnati have been destroyed by ESPN machinations. It doesn't do ESPN any good, but guys like Z get to enjoy UConn's suffering. I hope ESPN remembers how good this feels when Malloy or his successor simply renegs on their tax credits and gives them to someone else.

Forget about ANY major league inviting UConn or Cincinnati. Why would they pay more than $2.3MM for UConn when no conference will?

This contract will certainly make quantifying damages in the lawsuit against ESPN. No reason to hold back now. I want to see college athletics figuratively burn to the ground. I want to see motherf***ers go to jail. You fix price, you go to jail. Just ask the execs from ADM. Seems like we got a pretty clear cut case. I want Blumenthal to be screaming about how athletic departments are UBTI. f all of them.

Reaction Score
I see your DePaul and raise you Tulane, SMU, Houston, ECU and Central Florida.

Makes no difference. Nobody is going give a crap about Xavier playing Sister Mary of Poor.

zls44

Reaction Score
Makes no difference. Nobody is going give a crap about Xavier playing Sister Mary of Poor.

Xavier has a basketball fan and viewership base. The rest do not.

zls44

Reaction Score
. It doesn't do ESPN any good, but guys like Z get to enjoy UConn's suffering.

Yes, because I didn't want my alma mater to settle for less with inferior broadcasters, Im enjoying seeing my alma mater fall off the map. You still just don't get it. You think straw men matter. They don't. You want to sue your way out of a corner. you cant. You whine and pout and you still...have...NOTHING.

Blumenthal doesn't care. The state doesn't care. There is no straw man. I was a competition. UConn lost. It sucks. But that's what it is. That's all it is.

Like I told you all. Like I said.

Reaction Score
Xavier has a basketball fan and viewership base. The rest do not.

A base of 40,000 or so is not a base worth giving a crap about. Nobody cares about schools like Xavier except for the odd two weeks in March. Seriously, it's mox nix.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree.

On SNY? If Chicago had SNY, you'd be right. The game would do better than SNY Dallas, but we're talking Connecticut here. People really are not going to care about SMU and DePaul. Just as many will watch the UConn game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yes, because I didn't want my alma mater to settle for less with inferior broadcasters, Im enjoying seeing my alma mater fall off the map. You still just don't get it. You think straw men matter. They don't. You want to sue your way out of a corner. you cant. You whine and pout and you still...have...NOTHING.

Blumenthal doesn't care. The state doesn't care. There is no straw man. I was a competition. UConn lost. It sucks. But that's what it is. That's all it is.

Like I told you all. Like I said.

What did you tell us? That ESPN wasn't executing a plan to destroy the Big East? I stopped listening to you after you said that.

zls44

Reaction Score
A base of 40,000 or so is not a base worth giving a crap about. Nobody cares about schools like Xavier except for the odd two weeks in March. Seriously, it's mox nix.

Not according to ratings. They actually do surprisingly well.

zls44

Reaction Score
What did you tell us? That ESPN wasn't executing a plan to destroy the Big East? I stopped listening to you after you said that.

Prove otherwise. Prove it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Every resident of the state of Connecticut should be furious with ESPN for what they did to UConn. The destruction of UConn's athletic department makes every single resident of the state worse off in a dozen tangible and intangible ways. All because of ESPN.

If I were Malloy, I would retweet McMurphy's projection on the Big East TV contract and add "If any company wants $100MM from the state of the Connecticut, give me a call."

zls44

Reaction Score
On SNY? If Chicago had SNY, you'd be right. The game would do better than SNY Dallas, but we're talking Connecticut here. People really are not going to care about SMU and DePaul. Just as many will watch the UConn game.

You aren't listening or cannot comprehend what I said, so ill say it again- the issue isn't the DePaul level game, the issue is that currently SNY only has one or two awful games. In the new conference, they'll have 10-12 awful games. NBCSN will take all the UConn-Cincy and UConn-Memphis games. SNY will have nothing left. Oh, and entire slate of truly awful WBB games.

Reaction Score
Not according to ratings. They actually do surprisingly well.

In Cincy. Or wherever "Xavier" is. I bet that when then play "Holy Mother of our Eternal and Everlasting Guilt" they are off the charts.

zls44

Reaction Score
Defillippo.

My point exactly.

This is either the greatest-run conspiracy since Roswell, with no leaks at all, or you're just entirely full of crap.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Look at the bright side. "Storage Wars" would cost about $20 million for 25 episodes that can be rerun unto eternity. So the NNBE has some perceived value for offering 6 hours of content a week.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

zls44

Reaction Score
In Cincy. Or wherever "Xavier" is. I bet that when then play "Holy Mother of our Eternal and Everlasting Guilt" they are off the charts.

Nationally. They rate well nationally. Better than a lot of SEC and Pac-12 games.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Prove otherwise. Prove it.

I admire your persistence. I really do. From the points of Nordenberg and Pitt or DeFillippo and BC, right up to the denigration of the Big East by putting things like "Big Least" in their captions, all the way up to the present day. But you're still looking for proof that ESPN essentially destroyed the Big East. Keep fighting the good fight, my friend...persistence!!!...:confused:

Reaction Score
You aren't listening or cannot comprehend what I said, so ill say it again- the issue isn't the DePaul level game, the issue is that currently SNY only has one or two awful games. In the new conference, they'll have 10-12 awful games. NBCSN will take all the UConn-Cincy and UConn-Memphis games. SNY will have nothing left. Oh, and entire slate of truly awful WBB games.

SNY currently only has 1 or 2 awful games? Say what? Do we not play the bottom of the BE each and every year? Do we not play cupcakes? Why in the world are you so psyched about games against DePaul? I mean, Seton Hall, Providence, DePaul, St. John's, these have been poor teams for a very long time.

Reaction Score
Nationally. They rate well nationally. Better than a lot of SEC and Pac-12 games.

That's not exactly something to brag about. And the SEC and PAC 12 don't need to leverage hoop to get paid.

zls44

Reaction Score
SNY currently only has 1 or 2 awful games? Say what? Do we not play the bottom of the BE each and every year? Do we not play cupcakes? Why in the world are you so psyched about games against DePaul? I mean, Seton Hall, Providence, DePaul, St. John's, these have been poor teams for a very long time.

Do you really think the bottom of the new conference isn't worse than the old one though?

zls44

Reaction Score
I admire your persistence. I really do. From the points of Nordenberg and Pitt or DeFillippo and BC, right up to the denigration of the Big East by putting things like "Big Least" in their captions, all the way up to the present day. But you're still looking for proof that ESPN essentially destroyed the Big East. Keep fighting the good fight, my friend...persistence!!!...:confused:

CBS Sports' lead CBB blogger is joking about what a great ACC game ND-UL is.

CLEARLY THIS MEANS CBS HATES THE BIG EAST.

Btw, the guy who fonts CFB Live? He's a Villanova alum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom