Herbst on Flight to Chicago | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Herbst on Flight to Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to be a downer but someone said she was visiting her son a U of Chicago. Does anyone know if she has a son there?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not to be a downer but someone said she was visiting her son a U of Chicago. Does anyone know if she has a son there?
Her son's name is Daniel Hughes per a UConn today article and was 16 in December of 2010, so he's likely 19 now, of college age. I also noted (EDIT: on another thread) that Susan does do editing for the University of Chicago press.

Reaction Score
Well, I know that I often get accused of being a wet blanket around here, but it's been pretty well established that the very last place that the Big Ten has discussions with target expansion schools is at their offices or even the Chicago area. Nebraska's president was even bound by a confidentiality agreement to not disclose the off-the-radar location that the Big Ten had used for their meetings (as they wanted to keep it as a secret location for highly sensitive discussions like expansion), which makes sense since (a) the Big Ten headquarters always has reporters hanging around, which makes keeping things secret very difficult there and (b) they figured out quickly that there are crazies like us that track the airplanes of university presidents.

I'll throw you a bone, though. If you really want to engage in tinfoil hat airplane tracking speculation, it would be more instructive to look out for private plans (NEVER commercial) going from both the Chicago Executive Airport (the corporate jet facility in the north suburbs formerly known as Palwaukee Airport that the top Big Ten brass would be using for these types of meetings as opposed to O'Hare) and Hartford landing about the same time in the same place that's nowhere near either Chicago or Hartford. That would be the type of scenario which should more reasonably get you excited than a standard commercial flight from Hartford to O'Hare.

Reaction Score
Well, I know that I often get accused of being a wet blanket around here, but it's been pretty well established that the very last place that the Big Ten has discussions with target expansion schools is at their offices or even the Chicago area. Nebraska's president was even bound by a confidentiality agreement to not disclose the off-the-radar location that the Big Ten had used for their meetings (as they wanted to keep it as a secret location for highly sensitive discussions like expansion), which makes sense since (a) the Big Ten headquarters always has reporters hanging around, which makes keeping things secret very difficult there and (b) they figured out quickly that there are crazies like us that track the airplanes of university presidents.

I'll throw you a bone, though. If you really want to engage in tinfoil hat airplane tracking speculation, it would be more instructive to look out for private plans (NEVER commercial) going from both the Chicago Executive Airport (the corporate jet facility in the north suburbs formerly known as Palwaukee Airport that the top Big Ten brass would be using for these types of meetings as opposed to O'Hare) and Hartford landing about the same time in the same place that's nowhere near either Chicago or Hartford. That would be the type of scenario which should more reasonably get you excited than a standard commercial flight from Hartford to O'Hare.

You are just no fun...

p16vn9e2r1bft2q11qc7i3u1qit3.jpg

Reaction Score

Or this:

Following his team's loss on Sunday, Kraft flew from Buffalo, N.Y., to Brainard Airport in Hartford on Monday afternoon, and then he headed to the meeting with Rowland at an undisclosed location. Officials have refused to say where the meetings are being held to avoid the television cameras and questions by reporters. Monday's meeting started at the governor's mansion in Hartford, but then it was reconvened at another location.

http://articles.courant.com/1998-11...atriots-spokesman-stacey-james-john-g-rowland

Reaction Score
Hey! I told you guys what to look for in terms of tracking planes. Once again, watch for private plans out of Chicago Executive Airport (NOT O'Hare).
I know a lot of the guys don't appreciate your frankness and honesty from your midwestern viewpoint but I do as do most of the B1Gboys.Its not always popular but I want to hear it like it is as its only another view!I believe UConn would enhance the B1G(esp in BB) in the NYC to Boston corrider and will soon get an invite(before the next TV contract)locking out the ACC which only then will the ACC realize how foolhardy they were!

Reaction Score

Thanks 007.......

Reaction Score
Hey! I told you guys what to look for in terms of tracking planes. Once again, watch for private plans out of Chicago Executive Airport (NOT O'Hare).
At least you let it get to 100 posts , Frank, that something.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score

Frank, I know that you are the voice of reason, but at least we got to escape the reality of the purgatory we are in right now for a few days. At least we have Coach P gone, he crony GDL too! Our team is energized and a huge weight is off their shoulders. Ollie and company are gearing up, they have a great recruiting class, and academically Herbst is going to bring us to were we need to be. Things in the AAC stinks but we seem to be heading back to the top again.

Who would you hire if you were Manual? Clean house?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Any Warde sightings? He may be consumed with football this week and the start of basketball. I can see Susan driving this time as our athletic future is likely closely aligned with AAU status.

EDIT: first person to respond monitoring wins!!

Susan's monitoring the Chicago scene at Warde's request.

Yup, there's still a piece of the pie left, no need to hurry.

stm4c801576ee16c20100902.jpg

Reaction Score
I know a lot of the guys don't appreciate your frankness and honesty from your midwestern viewpoint but I do as do most of the B1Gboys.Its not always popular but I want to hear it like it is as its only another view!I believe UConn would enhance the B1G(esp in BB) in the NYC to Boston corrider and will soon get an invite(before the next TV contract)locking out the ACC which only then will the ACC realize how foolhardy they were!

How do you know it's an honest assessment? What body of work do you base that on? Almost all, if not all, of these experts have a personal agenda which does not align with ours. So based on the tank we should delete the cr board as our lot has been cat for eternity. I for one am mad as hell and I not going to take it anymore.

Reaction Score
This has to win post of the year.

Seeing Herbst on a flight and speculating it is about an invite to a conf and turns out she visited her son, this is awesome. And has 100+ replies. Genius.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score

Seeing Herbst on a flight and speculating it is about an invite to a conf and turns out she visited her son, this is awesome. And has 100+ replies. Genius.

I don't think anyone knows that she was visiting her son. I am not saying that this had anything to do with Conference Realignment or even UConn. I just saw her on the flight but I think the people who say she was visiting her son are speculating just as much. I don't think anyone really knows why she was there.

Reaction Score

It was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32