Herbst on Flight to Chicago | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Herbst on Flight to Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OP says the flight was on United, so it has to be O'hare.

Maybe a connecting flight; but ORD does offer more flights that have 1st Class/Business class seats, which is an important image for a major business/university leader, and ORD is a lot close to the B1G’s offices in park Ridge (soon to be Rosemont).

FYI, the AAU’s headquarters office is in DC, though they could always have business meetings at a member’s location (U Chicago, Northwestern)

Ah, to dream a little, or a B1G dream…

Reaction Score
Maybe a connecting flight; but ORD does offer more flights that have 1st Class/Business class seats, which is an important image for a major business/university leader, and ORD is a lot close to the B1G’s offices in park Ridge (soon to be Rosemont).

The Iowa article (posted previously) said that the meetings were in Rosemont, which is closer to O'Hare than I-91 is to Bradley.

To quote Coach Weist, I'm all in.

Reaction Score
She's obviously there to interview for the Michigan job so that she can plant herself as a UConn mole in Ann Arbor. How's that for plausible.

Why would she fly to Chicago instead of Detroit?

Reaction Score
UConn is getting kicked in the teeth on virtually every message board (CR and otherwise) that's around. I guess that's not enough for some people - they need to bring it here as well...

Change that from teeth to nuts and I am in agreement.
The more we are mentioned in public debate, the better. There's loads who think we are a shoo-in for the future. I can't see how UConn doesn't succeed.

Yankee Conference to Big Ten. Who would have imagined?

Reaction Score
She's back in Connecticut.

In addition to the exchange hosting chats, the University of Connecticut President Susan Herbst will talk to college students about the new health care landscape and how to navigate it. Herbst is speaking to students at an event hosted by the Connecticut Public Interest Research Group Education Fund at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9, in front of Homer Babbige Library at University of Connecticut, 369 Fairfield Way, Storrs.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Someone needs to attend and ask how her trip to Chicago was

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
No one is as blind as he who will not see.

I can never resist the kitty... :D

Reaction Score
She's back in Connecticut.

That makes it more interesting actually. I doubt she went to visit her son in Chicago for lunch. It was a very quick trip, but for what?

Reaction Score
Like Hoophound is saying, that was an awful fast trip. It's really strange that she went all that way to Chicago just to come back so fast. Something is definitely going on.

What exactly was she doing in Chicago? That's the question. She's seemed a little nervous when approached by Bill. She was a bit standoffish. What was she hiding? What was on her mind? She might have had a lot of sensitive details on a Big 10 invitation she was rolling over in her mind. She was probably thinking "Don't mess this up, Susan, don't mess this up. Remember to watch your P's and Q's and let's get this deal closed."

Reaction Score
Any Warde sightings? He may be consumed with football this week and the start of basketball. I can see Susan driving this time as our athletic future is likely closely aligned with AAU status.

EDIT: first person to respond monitoring wins!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Any Warde sightings? He may be consumed with football this week and the start of basketball. I can see Susan driving this time as our athletic future is likely closely aligned with AAU status.

EDIT: first person to respond monitoring wins!!
Bonus points if responds using both 'monitoring' and a donut or pastry reference.

Actually there seems to be much less WM hate since he pulled the trigger on FHCPP

Reaction Score
Bonus points if responds using both 'monitoring' and a donut or pastry reference.

Actually there seems to be much less WM hate since he pulled the trigger on FHCPP

WM has bought himself some time by taking decisive action to can PP and GDL - but it won't be long before the steady drum beat regarding our horrid conference situation grows louder.

I hope the BOT, SH and WM don't take a breather in what should be their relentless effort to get us ... out of the AAC.

Reaction Score
We need to improve our conference affiliation but I think we might be wise to win our current one first.

We should make a nice run at the conference title and even a Final Four this year so basketball should be enjoyable for us.

If TJ can deliver the goods and get the football team going during conference play I'll feel a lot better about being in the AAC for a little while. Losing in the AAC is far worse than just being in the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom