Herbst on Flight to Chicago | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Herbst on Flight to Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Dude mentioned yesterday and repeated today that Big news on B1G expansion coming...All we can do is hope, but after what we've been through in the past week. Could this be the seeds to a new beginning...????
It would probably be a better sign of something happening if the dude wasn't involved. His batting average doesn't strike confidence. Eventually he has to be right though since he is throwing everything out there...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Can't believe nobody's made a Snowden joke yet.

Reaction Score
I can't believe you inferred this has any meaning or that other people are excited. In case you missed it Chicago Midway is a huge SW hub, Chicago is a huge business hub for many and this connection to the B1G is ridiculous.

President Herbst is on my flight out of Bradley to Chicago today. If I happen to strike up a conversation, anyone have any realistic questions I could sneak in?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can't believe you inferred this has any meaning or that other people are excited. In case you missed it Chicago Midway is a huge SW hub, Chicago is a huge business hub for many and this connection to the B1G is ridiculous.
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
No one is as blind as he who will not see.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I bet you've ruined a lot of Christmases by telling kids Santa isn't real. You'll get yours.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but something tells me Herbst doesn't do a lot of layovers.

Reaction Score
Yes, because you can get just about anywhere from BDL and there would never be any reason to travel to Chicagoland than if you have to sign papers to enter the B1G. Haha. I think posting this was crazy as anything but a joke, but some people trying to infer it means anything is a riot.

Hey, even a blind squirrel....and a broken clock...,,

Go Dude!

Not for nothing, but something tells me Herbst doesn't do a lot of layovers.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yes, because you can get just about anywhere from BDL and there would never be any reason to travel to Chicagoland than if you have to sign papers to enter the B1G. Haha. I think posting this was crazy as anything but a joke, but some people trying to infer it means anything is a riot.

Go Dude!

What is this board for?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This should add some fuel to the fire on this thread.
B1G conference officials and athletic directors have all been at B1G headquarters the past two days.
Perhaps a good time for your university president to visit and press the case for UConn to the B1G?

"Interesting meetings going on at Big Ten headquarters, where league officials and conference athletic directors are discussing a possible football federation."
http://btn.com/2013/10/08/tuesday-links-what-about-a-football-federation/

What a board when the fans of other teams are more positive than some of our own.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

Go Dude!

I'm not saying shes there to do anything at all with conference realignment. But she is the freaking president of a major research university and her time is freaking money. My guess is that she takes non-stop flights whenever the possibility exists. Bradley is not freaking Tweed.

Reaction Score
Do you travel often for business? I do a d rarely get to my final destination direct from BDL.

I'm not saying shes there to do anything at all with conference realignment. But she is the freaking president of a major research university and her time is freaking money. My guess is that she takes non-stop flights whenever the possibility exists. Bradley is not freaking Tweed.

Reaction Score
She's obviously there to interview for the Michigan job so that she can plant herself as a UConn mole in Ann Arbor. How's that for plausible.

Reaction Score
In case you missed it Chicago Midway is a huge SW hub...
Which might be more relevant if Sussman had not confirmed Herbst and he were on a United flight, an airline which stopped using Midway a few decades back. Clearly, nothing else is relevant and we're bound for the B1G. Before heading back to CT, Sussman's picking up the keys as a favor for his new gal, Susie.

Reaction Score
What a board when the fans of other teams are more positive than some of our own.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, it's been that way around here for a while. Really makes you wonder what goes on inside some people's heads. UConn is getting kicked in the teeth on virtually every message board (CR and otherwise) that's around. I guess that's not enough for some people - they need to bring it here as well.

The one save haven for ANY positive discussion related to UConn's chances (realistic or otherwise), and certain people have to immediately S H ! T on anyone daring to be positive.

To Husky91: Who appointed you board police? This board is for "plausible discussion" only? And you've apparently appointed yourself to decide what's "plausible"?

Bullcrap.

Husky91 reminds me of the "fans" who stream out of the arena with 4 minutes left in the game. Who only wear their gear when their team is good. Who only attend games when their team is winning. In other words, fair weather fans. They're the first to tell you how great their school/team is when times are good, but turn overly negative when times are tough.

A real fan, and more importantly any alumnus tied to the school, would support his/her alma mater no matter what. A real fan would talk about the positives of their school, instead of lamenting temporary downtimes. A real fan would dare to believe than UConn is good enough, and really deserves, to be included in a better conference.

Say what you will - the WVU fans are crazy hillbillies, but they always have their institution's back, no matter what.

So, "Husky91" I say this to you: I have no freakin' idea whether or not Susan Herbst was on that plane because she was going to meet with B1G officials.

But neither do you.

Reaction Score
I may have missed this; but, which airport did Herbst fly into in Chicago - ORD or Midway?

I travel to Chicago a lot for work; but, as I fly out of Newark, I have a lot more direct connections than BDL and I try to avoid ORD like the plague as I don’t want to have to deal with 2 delay prone airports on the same trip. Thus, if I am going to Chicago itself, I typically fly into Midway as it’s easier to navigate and get to the Loop on the El than ORD. On the other hand, because Midway has fewer connections, especially international, and primarily serves Southwest and regional jets, neither of which offer 1st Class/Business Class seats, most business travelers I know use ORD for connections.

Reaction Score
I may have missed this; but, which airport did Herbst fly into in Chicago - ORD or Midway?

I travel to Chicago a lot for work; but, as I fly out of Newark, I have a lot more direct connections than BDL and I try to avoid ORD like the plague as I don’t want to have to deal with 2 delay prone airports on the same trip. Thus, if I am going to Chicago itself, I typically fly into Midway as it’s easier to navigate and get to the Loop on the El than ORD. On the other hand, because Midway has fewer connections, especially international, and primarily serves Southwest and regional jets, neither of which offer 1st Class/Business Class seats, most business travelers I know use ORD for connections.

OP says the flight was on United, so it has to be O'hare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom