Happy that Donovan Williams is playing now! | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Happy that Donovan Williams is playing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you go to anger management? .

Please let me respond on behalf of @whaler11;):p

185512_10151250656608207_1819235981_n.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do you go to anger management? If you play golf do you throw clubs? Take it easy, you are going to get sick. This is a game.

Whaler is the angry guy around here...one of many. Angry at the world.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Take it easy, you are going to get sick. This is a game.

This is incorrect.

Yes, it's a game. But it's a game where you pay the head coach just shy of 2 million a year, and a game where you ask your season ticket holders to drop a thousand dollars or more during the season.

With that financial understanding comes an understanding that the coach will do what's right for both the team and the fan. And believe me when I say that every coach at this level understands that to be true...

Reaction Score
No QB here is going to be successful without proper coaching. It's that simple. There are Senior D3, D2, & FCS QBs who have actually been coached for four years that could come in and be an upgrade. That's nothing against Williams, but when you're talking about getting him "game experience" it doesn't make a difference if you're not helping the kid get better. You're just throwing him to the wolves.

Reaction Score
Bob is starting to realize that he's losing the players, the media, and the fans. People aren't buying his sales pitch anymore, because we've heard the same thing over and over and over again. He's gotten to the point where he's throwing shiite at the wall and hoping it sticks. He either knows he's not going to be here and will burn the whole thing down or he's going to find someone to take the bullet for him. I find it ironic that he named Williams the started and promoted Corley at the same time. If Williams works out, he's a genius. If he doesn't, it's Corley's offense now. Ask him why it's not working, I gave him the QB he wanted to run the offense. What's even more baffling is that he continues to give "HIS" defense a pass. He praises his special teams. Hahaha!!! Wain has been shaky at best and he pulls the rug out from under Puyol, who's been great. Earth to Bob!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do you go to anger management? If you play golf do you throw clubs? Take it easy, you are going to get sick. This is a game.

I'm not really all that angry. I'm pretty much dead inside with respect to this program.

I can't stand people like Bob Diaco in my personal or professional life. So when I get the chance to point out the Diaco Truthers are 100% wrong - I'm going to do it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Bob is starting to realize that he's losing the players, the media, and the fans. People aren't buying his sales pitch anymore, because we've heard the same thing over and over and over again. He's gotten to the point where he's throwing shiite at the wall and hoping it sticks. He either knows he's not going to be here and will burn the whole thing down or he's going to find someone to take the bullet for him. I find it ironic that he named Williams the started and promoted Corley at the same time. If Williams works out, he's a genius. If he doesn't, it's Corley's offense now. Ask him why it's not working, I gave him the QB he wanted to run the offense. What's even more baffling is that he continues to give "HIS" defense a pass. He praises his special teams. Hahaha!!! Wain has been shaky at best and he pulls the rug out from under Puyol, who's been great. Earth to Bob!!!

Yeah, and I don't think he or his staff have any idea what to do next. The team is exactly in the same place when he took over (or worse). When you are 11-25 and have no progress to show for it except for winning breakfast, then what? Seriously, how does the staff begin to 'coach' these kids this week when everything they have done has failed.

Maybe we'll get a clue about the coaching decision on 2017 by the effort Diaco makes recruiting this December. Maybe Benedict has told him or will tell him to cool it with the recruiting because its over on 1/1.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm not really all that angry. I'm pretty much dead inside with respect to this program.

I can't stand people like Bob Diaco in my personal or professional life. So when I get the chance to point out the Diaco Truthers are 100% wrong - I'm going to do it.
I hope I am around this program long enough to see Whaler buy into something just for once.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hope I am around this program long enough to see Whaler buy into something just for once.

Sorry for not being dim enough to buy into HCPP or HCVV?

Maybe it's the program's fault and not mine?

I am a past-president of the Edsall Apologistas fwiw.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sorry for not being dim enough to buy into HCPP or HCVV?

Maybe it's the program's fault and not mine?

I am a past-president of the Edsall Apologistas fwiw.

No, my point is I don't ever recall in all my years you being a believer in any coach or player. Edsall Apologistas? Huh, I missed that one all together. On Edsall, you apologized for his disgraceful exit or his coaching shortcomings in general? Edsall was a great coach in my point of view. Flawed, yes - but many more pluses than minuses.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, my point is I don't ever recall in all my years you being a believer in any coach or player. Edsall Apologistas? Huh, I missed that one all together. On Edsall, you apologized for his disgraceful exit or his coaching shortcomings in general? Edsall was a great coach in my point of view. Flawed, yes - but many more pluses than minuses.

Guess you haven't been here long enough to comment then.

Maybe when they aren't playing .250 football against the FBS for most of a decade I'll seem more positive.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Guess you haven't been here long enough to comment then.

Maybe when they aren't playing .250 football against the FBS for most of a decade I'll seem more positive.
A positive Whaler? Ha, not possible.

Reaction Score

I've been a season ticket holder since 2003. I went to every home game including Navy, ECU and yesterday's bloodbath in Boston. Trust me, I know that dead feeling. Hate is a bad thing. I am frustrated with Diaco too. I know him personally due to my involvement with UCONN athletics and
think he is a good person and honest to a fault. I think some of the things he's said are unnessessary, particularly prematurely building up player status. Fact is, he was right on Byron Jones. He will be right on Obi and Noel. I believe he will be correct on Donovan Williams. If he survives the public onslaught, he will turn the program around next year. I believe what I just wrote. You don't have to. If it really pisses you off, then you have a problem. Deal with it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've been a season ticket holder since 2003. I went to every home game including Navy, ECU and yesterday's bloodbath in Boston. Trust me, I know that dead feeling. Hate is a bad thing. I am frustrated with Diaco too. I know him personally due to my involvement with UCONN athletics and
think he is a good person and honest to a fault. I think some of the things he's said are unnessessary, particularly prematurely building up player status. Fact is, he was right on Byron Jones. He will be right on Obi and Noel. I believe he will be correct on Donovan Williams. If he survives the public onslaught, he will turn the program around next year. I believe what I just wrote. You don't have to. If it really pisses you off, then you have a problem. Deal with it.

If you think he's honest to a fault I feel bad at how unequipped you are for reality.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sorry blind faith isn't a strategy.

Who had blind faith?
There is a big difference between giving a coach and their staff some time to find their way and so called blind faith.

I stand by my point, I'll be interested to see if you give a thumbs up or down to the next hire so we call all watch the results that follow.

Reaction Score
We're all frustrated. Where I diverge from Whaler mostly is the attack on Diacos character He's no used car or snake oil salesman. He cares deeply about doing things the right way about developing these young men into gentlemen and is passionate to a fault. I think however that he suffers from the largest case of cognitive dissonance I've ever witnessed. He believes what he sees. Believes what he says even though the evidence that the rest of us see is to the contrary. That is his fatal flaw and why he needs to go. Good person. Horrible head coach who does not see what we do

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who had blind faith?
There is a big difference between giving a coach and their staff some time to find their way and so called blind faith.

I stand by my point, I'll be interested to see if you give a thumbs up or down to the next hire so we call all watch the results that follow.

I gave Diaco a chance. He was terrible from BYU forward.

His BS turned me off instantly - but I gave him a chance.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We're all frustrated. Where I diverge from Whaler mostly is the attack on Diacos character He's no used car or snake oil salesman. He cares deeply about doing things the right way about developing these young men into gentlemen and is passionate to a fault. I think however that he suffers from the largest case of cognitive dissonance I've ever witnessed. He believes what he sees. Believes what he says even though the evidence that the rest of us see is to the contrary. That is his fatal flaw and why he needs to go. Good person. Horrible head coach who does not see what we do

He is a flat out liar.

He does the exact opposite of what he espouses.

Reaction Score
I don't doubt that HCBD is a good man. But I cannot think of a worse head coach in the fcs or fbs. In all facets of the game. Just horrendous.

Reaction Score
This is incorrect.

Yes, it's a game. But it's a game where you pay the head coach just shy of 2 million a year, and a game where you ask your season ticket holders to drop a thousand dollars or more during the season.

With that financial understanding comes an understanding that the coach will do what's right for both the team and the fan. And believe me when I say that every coach at this level understands that to be true...

I repeat it's a game which I myself take too seriously. This is not meant as a put down of you Whaler or any other passionate fan. We all have to be reminded of it. In the process we need to learn to respect each other's opinions. The whole country is polarized and needs to calm down.

UCONN football is a complete mess right now. I know the majority want him gone yesterday. My feeling is he will have one more year to right the ship. If not, game over.

Pretty fair rational assessment. I think he has learned from the school of hard knocks. He understands he must adapt in order
to survive. If he makes it another year look for a new offensive coordinator. I can't see how Corley can possibly be the guy due to inexperience. He needs coaches who can run a spread offense.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I repeat it's a game which I myself take too seriously. This is not meant as a put down of you Whaler or any other passionate fan. We all have to be reminded of it. In the process we need to learn to respect each other's opinions. The whole country is polarized and needs to calm down.

UCONN football is a complete mess right now. I know the majority want him gone yesterday. My feeling is he will have one more year to right the ship. If not, game over.

Pretty fair rational assessment. I think he has learned from the school of hard knocks. He understands he must adapt in order
to survive. If he makes it another year look for a new offensive coordinator. I can't see how Corley can possibly be the guy due to inexperience. He needs coaches who can run a spread offense.

With all due respect, if it's just a game, why do you post here every day?

Could it be that it's actually more than a game? could it be the reason why we pay our football coach 10x more than our physics department head? Hmmm...

Reaction Score
With all due respect, if it's just a game, why do you post here every day?

Could it be that it's actually more than a game? could it be the reason why we pay our football coach 10x more than our physics department head? Hmmm...

With all do respect did you note that I used the word "we". I also began by saying it's a game which I myself take too seriously. It would help communications if people took a little extra time to listen to what the other person is saying rather than just simply babble.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We don't know how DW would have looked against Holy Cross.
You know [Donovan Williams] will be ready to go after lifting weights, practice and watching film. No deer in the headlights because it's only Holy Cross and no benefit in him getting three D-1 games under his belt. Now do you know that for a fact or is it just your opinion?
It would help communications if people took a little extra time to listen to what the other person is saying rather than just simply babble.

Lipton_Kermit-630x422.png

Reaction Score
How can you say DW isn't being harmed by playing right now? EVERY single player playing under Diaco at this moment is being harmed.. This program is dead and buried and so are every player exposed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom