Happy that Donovan Williams is playing now! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Happy that Donovan Williams is playing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you can't perform. TEACH! A freakin physical ed teacher I'm done.
Clearly your reading comprehension is not so good. I never criticized the kid or his potential. I pointed out a flaw in his throwing mechanics. I'm criticizing Bob Diaco who put DW in a position to fail to save his own ass. He wasn't ready. My post had nothing to do with who or where I coached, but that I have a knowledge in the biomechanics of both skills and both sports. My background is in Exercise Science-Human Performance. No, my degree is not from Clown College.

Reaction Score
Not saying he can't throw Carl, but his mechanics need to be cleaned up. That's a long motion to throw a football. It's not conducive for a quick release. He sepeartes his hands too early.

Love that Chad Pennington relates throwing a football to HITTING a baseball, not throwing it. Where you want to separate you hands early @Ready4Action.;)

Here's another long guy( Heisman Trophy winner) with a long throwing motion, more like pitching a base ball (which he was) that has cleaned up his throwing motion. I am confident that DW will tighten things up.

Jameis Winston Is Working on Improving His Throwing Mechanics

Reaction Score
When you can't perform. TEACH! A freakin physical ed teacher I'm done.
Sorry, not a PE teacher. My concentration is in Human Performance, not education. There's a difference. But, I do consider what I do teaching....just not in a classroom. But, I'm sure you're much more qualified to speak on the biomechanics of human movement then I am.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Exactly, but will be more ready on 8/31/2017

LOL - stick with this one buddy.

If they can't come up with something better before next season they are going 0-12.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
LOL - stick with this one buddy.

If they can't come up with something better before next season they are going 0-12.

Not trying to pick beef with you - but with Anderson's eligibility up and BS potentially graduating and retiring, Williams may be the best option on roster next year.

If next year's HC can hold on to McAfee, maybe he challenges for the starting spot? Judging from game tape and offer/interest lists, he appears to be better than Williams.

Reaction Score
Not trying to pick beef with you - but with Anderson's eligibility up and BS potentially graduating and retiring, Williams may be the best option on roster next year.

If next year's HC can hold on to McAfee, maybe he challenges for the starting spot? Judging from game tape and offer/interest lists, he appears to be better than Williams.
Mcafee will get his opportunity to challenge but your boy is a 2star and coming from a tiny school. Either way we need competition at all positions on the field.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yes he might be. And if he is they go 0-12. It's that simple. They might go 0-12 even if they find someone better. That is how bad this staff and roster is.

Maybe 109-3 will get y'alls attention?

Reaction Score
Yes he might be. And if he is they go 0-12. It's that simple. They might go 0-12 even if they find someone better. That is how bad this staff and roster is.

Maybe 109-3 will get y'alls attention?

I want to give credit to where it's due. #1. A good friend of mine who I trust, a neutral observer, 5 minutes into the Maine game - looked at me in the stands, and said DIaco is a complete fraud and needs to be fired. I have and have had for a long time, no reason not to trust his judgement, but I didn't. I said 'nah', we beat Houston last year and went to a bowl game.

#2. Whaler also called it online here. That game was a sign. We don't have the players or the coaches. I disagreed with that too. Stupid.

I didn't want to believe because I'm a fanatic. That's the long version of 'fan'. What a waste of time and money today. 'm on a quest to finish every Franziskaner I can find.

But UCONN still represent. Even for this sh---tshow.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I want to give credit to where it's due. #1. A good friend of mine who I trust, a neutral observer, 5 minutes into the Maine game - looked at me in the stands, and said DIaco is a complete fraud and needs to be fired. I have and have had for a long time, no reason not to trust his judgement, but I didn't. I said 'nah', we beat Houston last year and went to a bowl game.

#2. Whaler also called it online here. That game was a sign. We don't have the players or the coaches. I disagreed with that too. Stupid.

I didn't want to believe because I'm a fanatic. That's the long version of 'fan'. What a waste of time and money today. 'm on a quest to finish every Franziskaner I can find.

But UCONN still represent. Even for this sh---tshow.

It was obvious in 2014. It's just people want to have hope.

Pick your canary in the coal mine:

Foxx bailing them out against SBU.
Temple.
Quitting at home against Cincinnati.
The debacle that was SMU.

And for once and for all: Offers matter. If you didn't see every red flag on Saturdays - the narrative around Williams' recruitment made UConn look like a bottom half of the CAA program.

Reaction Score
It was obvious in 2014. It's just people want to have hope.

Pick your canary in the coal mine:

Foxx bailing them out against SBU.
Temple.
Quitting at home against Cincinnati.
The debacle that was SMU.

And for once and for all: Offers matter. If you didn't see every red flag on Saturdays - the narrative around Williams' recruitment made UConn look like a bottom half of the CAA program.

well,- what it means to be a sports fan and ignore analysis always provides a great counterweight example, to making sure that I haven't ignored any analysis for any reason.

You were right. I remember arguing against you. the only reason I argued against it, was because I didn't want to believe it.

Reaction Score
Whaler you are still the biggest idiot on this board what happened to you when you were a kid. Now you are old and dried up and no sense of purpose or worth. But I gotta say your fan base stands ready to commit suicide with you a sad bunch of characters may God have mercy on your pathetic existence.

Who is this clown?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler you are still the biggest idiot on this board what happened to you when you were a kid. Now you are old and dried up and no sense of purpose or worth. But I gotta say your fan base stands ready to commit suicide with you a sad bunch of characters may God have mercy on your pathetic existence.

It's a gd shame they don't autoban posters like you.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The program is busted and moreover, the coaching staff in place does not have the capability to turn the corner no matter how much time they have.

The talent is lacking.
The coaching is seriously lacking.
DW is unlikely to progress to a real QB in my unqualified opinion.
The fan base has been lost.

Worst of all, the staff has zero credibility as the only accomplishment they have in three years is winning breakfast. The only one.

We are now officially AAC bottomfeeders.

I wish we showed something in these games...but even in the few wins Diaco has had, it always because the other team has an off day, its never because of our team work, our talent and our coaching/strategy.

Jan 1 will tell us exactly what kind of state budget/uconn budget/athletic budget the school has. I think they will hire someone on the cheap. As long as they have served as a HC somewhere for several years I won't care if the name is exciting. Just has to be a winner. Heck, I'd take that HC in Maine.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
How anyone thinks this kid is the future is beyond me....my friends and I were able to call out every player DW was going to throw to as soon as he snapped the ball. It was something that helped pass the time at that terrible game yesterday. He knew in his head who he was throwing to no matter if they were single, double, or even triple covered before he even snapped the ball. You could see it in his body motion. He'd snap it and turn immediately to that player and not look to anyone else, no matter the coverage. He isn't ready nor do I think he ever will be. He doesn't have progressions he goes through. I thought BS was bad at not looking through his progressions but this kid took the cake yesterday.

I'm not sure how you crack pots can sit here and say the opposite. The only explanation is that you are just trolls because starting DW this year not only ruined the kid, it absolutely showed the team that Diaco had zero respect for them and wasn't going to give them a chance to compete and possibly win another game.

Reaction Score

You seem pretty unstable. Get off this board and go get some help.

Reaction Score
From my perspective Williams looked like a very athletic kid who was in no way ready to play. The game was far to fast for him. It's a little early to say whether he will ever develop into a legit D1 charter a legitimate D1 quarterback but I hope we are looking over the JUCO and 5th year ranks for next season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
During the second quarter of the Temple game I posted he needs to be on the Keron Henry path.

Keron actually looked better at QB and it was much earlier in his freshman year when he played.

Reaction Score
How anyone thinks this kid is the future is beyond me....my friends and I were able to call out every player DW was going to throw to as soon as he snapped the ball. It was something that helped pass the time at that terrible game yesterday. He knew in his head who he was throwing to no matter if they were single, double, or even triple covered before he even snapped the ball. You could see it in his body motion. He'd snap it and turn immediately to that player and not look to anyone else, no matter the coverage. He isn't ready nor do I think he ever will be. He doesn't have progressions he goes through. I thought BS was bad at not looking through his progressions but this kid took the cake yesterday.

I'm not sure how you crack pots can sit here and say the opposite. The only explanation is that you are just trolls because starting DW this year not only ruined the kid, it absolutely showed the team that Diaco had zero respect for them and wasn't going to give them a chance to compete and possibly win another game.

I am the crack pot who started this thread and have expresses several times that I am happy DW is getting the actual game experience from these three games.

Never said he was going to be ready and surely he looked like a rookie with moments for hope.

They are not ruining him

Diaco May have short comings but not having respect for his players isn't one of them.

The coaching staff (who ever they are) will work on throwing motion, reads, progressions, etc.

As Diaco says DW has the tangibles necessary to compete.

This board is starting to look like the end of Brave Heart. It's ironic that in the last two weeks Deleone's offensive line dominated our defense and Pasqaloni's D line held us to minus yards rushing and dominated play yesterday.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Carl he could have thrown 7 INT's yesterday.

The other players on the team work all week and put themselves in peril on Saturdays.

Diaco is p!**ing all over them at this point by continuing to play Williams.

Everyone around the program deserves for the games to be taken seriously and they should be coached to win.

Yesterday was amateur hour from beginning until end.

When Boston College is beating you so bad they stop trying to score you need to take a step back and admit this is the wrong path. Now obviously HCVV can't do that - he's arrogantly reinventing the sport - how about you?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
DW is probably not the future. The QB position remains wide open. I don't think these two starts have ruined him at all however. Players destine for success can build on all forms of experience.

I no confidence Diaco, Corley, Cummings and the rest of this staff can identify QBs for scholarship. If they can't coach this veteran team to some modicum of success, then there is no reason to think they can identify high school talent either.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

The other players on the team work all week and put themselves in peril on Saturdays.

Everyone around the program deserves for the games to be taken seriously and they should be coached to win.

When Boston College is beating you so bad they stop trying to score you need to take a step back and admit this is the wrong path. Now obviously HCVV can't do that - he's arrogantly reinventing the sport - how about you?
Clearly Diaco is searching desperately for lightning in a bottle. In retrospect maybe BS should have been given the first half in these past two games.

DW is not ready....and neither is Corley, I see nothing good in his play calling.

Reaction Score

Do you go to anger management? If you play golf do you throw clubs? Take it easy, you are going to get sick. This is a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom