Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW, nbadraft.net just bumped him into the 2nd round, slotting him in at 31st overall. I know they're not the most accurate site out there, but hey it's something.
Love it. Ironically to the Celtics, and Ainge scouted him a couple of times this year. If I could choose a coach to develop him, it would be Stevens.

Reaction Score
LOL at "Not many players have accomplished what I have at UCONN." Yeah, your current teammates all have: an AAC Tournament title. DHam, you're one of the greatest Huskies ever. Generations from now, people will speak of you with awe in their voices! Memorials will be erected to your greatness.

Don't be such a jerk!!
! Memorials will be erected to your greatness.[/QUOTE]

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Don't be such a jerk!!
! Memorials will be erected to your greatness.
[/QUOTE]
Another person who must be fun at parties.........if there's a lot of liquor. It's called sarcasm. Relax. And for the record, I erect a monument to my greatness almost everynight. Twice on good nights.

Reaction Score
“A lot of people are probably saying it’s a bad decision, but I think it was the best decision for me,” he said. “Not many people have accomplished what I’ve accomplished at UConn.”

I mean, in the literal sense that only like 150 people have played UConn men's basketball in the JC/KO era, out of a few hundred million, I suppose he's right. But man, what an absence of perspective.

In terms of individual accomplishments:
- AAC ROY (well, he's right that nobody else at UConn has accomplished this, though 4 others were BE ROY)
- AAC 2nd team (ditto)

In terms of team accomplishments:
- Won conference tournament (accomplished 7 other times, maybe half of all players)
- Won an NCAA Tournament game (accomplished 17 other times, probably 3/4 of players)

There was absolutely nothing special about Hamilton's career at UConn.

Reaction Score
I mean, in the literal sense that only like 150 people have played UConn men's basketball in the JC/KO era, out of a few hundred million, I suppose he's right. But man, what an absence of perspective.

- AAC ROY (well, he's right that nobody else at UConn has accomplished this, though 4 others were BE ROY)
- AAC 2nd team (ditto)

- Won conference tournament (accomplished 7 other times, maybe half of all players)
- Won an NCAA Tournament game (accomplished 17 other times, probably 3/4 of players)

Do you want him to say "I was a run-of-the-mill player here at UCONN, but I did alright "? Like c'mon man this kid is 20 years old and we are complaining about his decision on a message board. We are lucky Daniel came to UCONN in the first plays, god knows where we would've been without him either season.

Reaction Score

- AAC 2nd team (ditto)

To be fair, you left out conference tourney MVP. That cuts it down a lot.

He was a really good player, but not a great or amazing player, and it's a little silly to quibble about his exact wording.

Reaction Score

He was a really good player, but not a great or amazing player, and it's a little silly to quibble about his exact wording.
Also, and I said this earlier in the thread, but I don't think there are any other UConn players that put up 800+ points, 580+ rebounds and 290+ assists in their first two seasons. He has his flaws, sure, but he was as unique a player that UConn's ever had.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Do you want him to say "I was a run-of-the-mill player here at UCONN, but I did alright "? Like c'mon man this kid is 20 years old and we are complaining about his decision on a message board. We are lucky Daniel came to UCONN in the first plays, god knows where we would've been without him either season.
His statement about his accomplishments shows his mindset and brings clarity to his decision to enter the draft. He honestly believes he's been great, he's not just pumping himself up. I think he needs a reality check and sadly will soon get one. Why does he have to be the one to provide for his family when he has so many athletic siblings? What family and brothers with self-respect put the burden on their little brother to support the family? I've been assuming by 'family' he meant parents etc. Does he have a kid? If he does, I wouldn't have much of a problem with him going pro. Does anyone know?

Reaction Score
Also, and I said this earlier in the thread, but I don't think there are any other UConn players that put up 800+ points, 580+ rebounds and 290+ assists in their first two seasons. He has his flaws, sure, but he was as unique a player that UConn's ever had.

No doubt he was, and he had a chance to be really special not just unique. He wasn't here long enough for that and I will be interested to see how "ready" as he says, he is. I didn't see it but I'm not Danny Ainge.

Reaction Score
His statement about his accomplishments shows his mindset and brings clarity to his decision to enter the draft. He honestly believes he's been great, he's not just pumping himself up. I think he needs a reality check and sadly will soon get one. Why does he have to be the one to provide for his family when he has so many athletic siblings? What family and brothers with self-respect put the burden on their little brother to support the family? I've been assuming by 'family' he meant parents etc. Does he have a kid? If he does, I wouldn't have much of a problem with him going pro. Does anyone know?
How are you dumb enough to believe everything this kid says to some reporter?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That might be the best adjective to describe Daniel Hamilton. Unique.

upload_2016-4-13_19-35-34.png

"Daniel Hamilton is going pro? Wow what a... unique player."

Reaction Score

Ah, OK, yes, AACT MVP helps his case, but not enormously. And I agree that Hamilton was a unique talent -- his skills for a 3, passing and rebounding in particular, were exceptional.

But to say he "accomplished" more than all but a few; that just rubs me the wrong way. Here's my list of guys who can, with a straight face, say “Not many people have accomplished what I’ve accomplished at UConn.”:

Individuals
Donyell
Ray
KEA
Rip
Caron
Emeka
Thabeet
Kemba
Shabazz

Teams
Any champs
Any Final Four participants
Any multiple-time conference champions (usually subsumed in one of the two above)

Reaction Score
Ah, OK, yes, AACT MVP helps his case, but not enormously. And I agree that Hamilton was a unique talent -- his skills for a 3, passing and rebounding in particular, were exceptional.

But to say he "accomplished" more than all but a few; that just rubs me the wrong way. Here's my list of guys who can, with a straight face, say “Not many people have accomplished what I’ve accomplished at UConn.”:

Individuals
Donyell
Ray
KEA
Rip
Caron
Emeka
Thabeet
Kemba
Shabazz

Teams
Any champs
Any Final Four participants
Any multiple-time conference champions (usually subsumed in one of the two above)

I know it's maybe not the point of your post but Ben Gordon has to be on that list.

Reaction Score
I don't get the "provide for my family" thing. His brother Jordan has played has to have made over $3mil playing basketball already, is actually doing pretty well on his NBA 10-day contract right now, and still has many years left of his career, be it in the NBA or overseas.
Not to mention his brother Isaac is a year older, has a more NBA ready game and isn't leaving UCLA. If the family really needed support, wouldn't they both be going pro?

Reaction Score
LOL at "Not many players have accomplished what I have at UCONN." Yeah, your current teammates all have: an AAC Tournament title. DHam, you're one of the greatest Huskies ever. Generations from now, people will speak of you with awe in their voices! Memorials will be erected to your greatness.
His UConn career success will be directly proportional to his post UConn success.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

that was kinda funny, but kids can and do say some strange things

maybe he defines "not many" as "< 50"

or maybe he's talking about defensive rebounding

or my personal favorite, an AAC championship, not many can claim that

he could also be talking about being the first player to leave UConn for the NBA without seeing the 2nd weekend (actually, AD did this too, but under very different circumstances)

so many possibilities

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Dham's biggest accomplishment may be 26 pages on the Boneyard and still going strong.

Reaction Score
It's called humility. Saying you accomplished more than most when that is hardly the truth is not showing humility. I'm not judging the kid for that or even assigning any value to it, either way, but a fact is a fact. Clearly that lack of humility has rubbed at least a few people the wrong way

Reaction Score

But you still have to consider his "accomplishments" in the grand scheme of accomplishments of other UConn players. There are national championships, final four MOPs, first team all-americans, etc., that are vastly more impressive accomplishments than AAC tournament MVP. And, having already seen 7 other teams with Big East tournament wins, there are 7 guys with THAT tournament MVP on their resume, and the AAC tourney MVP has no chance of ever rising up that list from #8.

Furthermore, there are already 19 players honored with banners in Gampel. Hamilton is not going to be one of those guys. The irony is that most people saying he made a bad decision were basically hoping he could add his name to that list next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How are you dumb enough to believe everything this kid says to some reporter?
So now Hamilton is also smart enough to be intentionally telling tall tales to reporters ? You're really telling me Hamilton is justing blowing smoke about his belief in himself ? That seems... unlikely, at best.

Reaction Score
So now Hamilton is also smart enough to be intentionally telling tall tales to reporters ? You're really telling me Hamilton is justing blowing smoke about his belief in himself ? That seems... unlikely, at best.
I'm saying when a 20 year old kid gets asked some questions by a reporter, there's a chance he just says some that sounds good without putting the "analysis" into it that has occurred in this thread.

I'm dying laughing at the people that think Hamilton's comments are based upon some deep contemplation of his place in the history of Connecticut basketball. Maybe KO told him that in terms of points, rebounds, and assists, few very players have been on his level in their first 2 years, and Hamilton had that in his head so he repeated it.

I guess he should have workshopped his statements so they reached an acceptable level for the Boneyard, a group of people 90% of which I've never seen have 1 intelligent thought on any subject.

Reaction Score
But you still have to consider his "accomplishments" in the grand scheme of accomplishments of other UConn players. There are national championships, final four MOPs, first team all-americans, etc., that are vastly more impressive accomplishments than AAC tournament MVP. And, having already seen 7 other teams with Big East tournament wins, there are 7 guys with THAT tournament MVP on their resume, and the AAC tourney MVP has no chance of ever rising up that list from #8.

Furthermore, there are already 19 players honored with banners in Gampel. Hamilton is not going to be one of those guys. The irony is that most people saying he made a bad decision were basically hoping he could add his name to that list next year.
That's the thing. He went from a guy who could have played his way into a deep run in March, who would be recognized in the Husky Ring of Honor and be better positioned for the NBA to someone who will be fortunate to be chosen in the draft. The fact that he thinks based on some stats that he accomplished something special when guys like Bazz won two championships says a lot about him. I wish we had him back but now I'm looking forward to watching 12 kids who want to be here and ACTUALLY accomplish what over 50 kids have, and that's another national championship.

Reaction Score
I'm saying when a 20 year old kid gets asked some questions by a reporter, there's a chance he just says some that sounds good without putting the "analysis" into it that has occurred in this thread.

I'm dying laughing at the people that think Hamilton's comments are based upon some deep contemplation of his place in the history of Connecticut basketball. Maybe KO told him that in terms of points, rebounds, and assists, few very players have been on his level in their first 2 years, and Hamilton had that in his head so he repeated it.

I guess he should have workshopped his statements so they reached an acceptable level for the Boneyard, a group of people 90% of which I've never seen have 1 intelligent thought on any subject.
Yeah, and Ollie also told him he wasn't ready. So, either the kid is a delusional idiot or the coach that you think is perfect is, well, not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom