Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Forgive me if this has already been answered (too many pages in this thread to scroll back through) but... which agent/agency has Hamilton signed with? I know he was reported to be all in and is taking online coursework back in California... but has he actually put a pen to paper?
Hopefully he's enrolled in one of our new AFAM courses.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Forgive me if this has already been answered (too many pages in this thread to scroll back through) but... which agent/agency has Hamilton signed with? I know he was reported to be all in and is taking online coursework back in California... but has he actually put a pen to paper?

I haven't heard or found that yet, I looked a couple of times

I've also been looking for quotes from Ollie and haven't found any, you'd think he'd have some comment

Pure speculation on my part, I think Kevin might be talking to Hamilton about not signing with an agent just yet and reconsidering his options

then again, maybe that's just wishful thinking, IDK

Reaction Score
I haven't heard or found that yet, I looked a couple of times

I've also been looking for quotes from Ollie and haven't found any, you'd think he'd have some comment

Pure speculation on my part, I think Kevin might be talking to Hamilton about not signing with an agent just yet and reconsidering his options

then again, maybe that's just wishful thinking, IDK

I don't think it's shocking that the hiring didn't happen instantaneously... he's presumably looking at his agent options.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Have any of the UConn beat writers (we still have a couple right) interviewed Hamilton? Seems like something that people would like to read.

Reaction Score
Have any of the UConn beat writers (we still have a couple right) interviewed Hamilton? Seems like something that people would like to read.
There were a few quotes from him when he made it official.

From Amore:
  • "I'm not testing the waters or anything like that," Hamilton told The Courant on Tuesday. "I'm all in."
  • "I had a great experience at UConn," Hamilton said. "It was a great ride. I'm glad we won the AAC Tournament and played in the NCAA Tournament. But after talking it over with my family, I just feel this is the best thing for me, to provide for my family, to help my family out."
  • "I've been hearing first round, maybe second round," Hamilton said. "Wherever I get drafted, I'll be OK with it."
  • "I'm not really concerned with who else might be coming out," he said.
From Borges:
  • “It was a real tough decision,” Hamilton said by phone from California on Tuesday. “I sat down and thought about it, prayed a lot. I believe it was the right time. I know I’m ready to go and take that next step.”
  • “A lot of people are probably saying it’s a bad decision, but I think it was the best decision for me,” he said. “Not many people have accomplished what I’ve accomplished at UConn.”
  • “Coach thought it would be best if I stayed another year,” Hamilton reported, “but I talked it over with my family. He told me best of luck and he wished the best for me.”

Reaction Score
I don't get the "provide for my family" thing. His brother Jordan has played has to have made over $3mil playing basketball already, is actually doing pretty well on his NBA 10-day contract right now, and still has many years left of his career, be it in the NBA or overseas.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I don't get the "provide for my family" thing. His brother Jordan has played has to have made over $3mil playing basketball already, is actually doing pretty well on his NBA 10-day contract right now, and still has many years left of his career, be it in the NBA or overseas.
It's total bologna. He is getting bad advice or thinks higher of his draft stock then he should. He probably just doesn't like school too.

Reaction Score
He's not getting bad advice. He's just a kid ready to make the next step and willing to let the chips fall where they may. From the sound of it, he's willing to take his chances even if he goes undrafted.

It would be ignorant to comment on his financial situation. There are a thousand different variables involved there - maybe he's referring to providing for a family that he doesn't have yet.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's pointless to speculate. He was a good player for us. I wish him well. I think he will go second round...hell he might have out of high school.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's not getting bad advice. He's just a kid ready to make the next step and willing to let the chips fall where they may. From the sound of it, he's willing to take his chances even if he goes undrafted.

And that's the sum of it. Doesn't matter what kind of advice he's getting, DH is ready for all outcomes. If he doesn't get drafted, everyone will say, "see???", but Daniel has prepared himself for that outcome. His life.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
LOL at "Not many players have accomplished what I have at UCONN." Yeah, your current teammates all have: an AAC Tournament title. DHam, you're one of the greatest Huskies ever. Generations from now, people will speak of you with awe in their voices! Memorials will be erected to your greatness.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
LOL at "Not many players have accomplished what I have at UCONN." Yeah, your current teammates all have: an AAC Tournament title. DHam, you're one of the greatest Huskies ever. Generations from now, people will speak of you with awe in their voices! Memorials will be erected to your greatness.

Someone's not salty...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
FWIW, nbadraft.net just bumped him into the 2nd round, slotting him in at 31st overall. I know they're not the most accurate site out there, but hey it's something.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Someone's not salty...
Actually, I guess you can tell I was never a big fan of his game. It always seemed like he was out there doing his own thing. I'm kind of happy he's leaving. With most guys who left early, I was disappointed. Don't you think he's overstated his UCONN career a tad?

Reaction Score
It always seemed like he was out there doing his own thing.

You'd think he could shake off the selfishness thing by nearly leading the team in assists in a year where Boatright was with him and almost doubling the next closest person the following year.

Reaction Score
Has he heard "undrafted"? Because that's mostly what I've been hearing.
You'd think after seeing how someone like Buddy Heild improved his draft stock this past year, that someone like DHam would think to do likewise. I've heard some NBA GMs say, the more they see some of these kids (ones that stuck around till their junior or senior seasons but don't improve much) the less they tend to like them. In other words, DHam would run the risk of casting a perception that he doesn't have much more upside if he returned and didn't show dramatic improvement. But IMO, he showed a lot of versatile game, but just not at a very high level in any of his game to get first round interest. Maybe 2nd round, but who knows? He could go undrafted. I think he had a great opportunity to improve his overall game and put up big numbers next season, especially playing on what looks like a more well rounded team.

Since we'll never know if he would have played himself into a high first round pick, it's impossible to tell if chose poorly if he ends up drafted later in the first round. But if he drops out of the 1st round or both rounds, then I'd say the educated guess here is he made a poor decision. I just think if he improved his shooting percentage and overall numbers just a tad, that he could easily play himself into the top half of the first round. There aren't many players his size that can handle and pass like he can. It's his shooting percentage and decision making that needed a tad more maturity.

I wish him well. He would have made next years team a tough NCAA E8, F4 or better out. Hopefully the sum of next year's parts will exceed what we saw this past season.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
You'd think he could shake off the selfishness thing by nearly leading the team in assists in a year where Boatright was with him and almost doubling the next closest person the following year.
By "doing his own thing" I don't mean selfish. I mean he didn't seem to be in sync with the rest of the team. Overdribbling, questionable decisions etc. I've said before, it seemed like he was a street baller on a team with structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom