Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is not vitriol when the consensus of the entire board is that he made a huge mistake. It is stating a fact.
It is not vitriol when the consensus of the entire basketball universe is that he made a huge mistake. It is stating a fact

fixed it for you
You guys can pretend this is fact as much as you want, it's still just your opinion.

Reaction Score
It is also possible to not take everything so literally. I am sure the people who said zero didn't really think zero but, instead, thought his chances were near zero.

Reaction Score
You guys can pretend this is fact as much as you want, it's still just your opinion.
Whatever. It isn't a vitriolic opinion. Better?

When you make a decision that is highly visible, people will judge it as right or wrong. It comes with the territory so he had better put on his big boy pants, if he isn't already wearing them. And, really, how mentally weak does someone have to be to think a simple good/bad opinion of one of their decisions is vitriolic? I see a lot of weak here. I hope Hamilton is stronger and doesn't care what anyone outside of his inner circle thinks, unlike people here. Which brings us back to one indisputable fact. Ollie is/was/should have been in that inner circle.

Reaction Score
Whatever. It isn't a vitriolic opinion. Better?
If you know the definition of vitriolic, it's easy to see there are many vitriolic opinions of Hamilton's decision on this board.
And, really, how mentally weak does someone have to be to think a simple good/bad opinion of one of their decisions is vitriolic?
Doesn't really have anything to do with mental strength or weakness. Again, just mainly knowing the definition of vitriolic.
I hope Hamilton is stronger and doesn't care what anyone outside of his inner circle thinks, unlike people here.
Seems like you should hope for the opposite, since not caring what anyone outside of his inner circle thinks seems to be driving his decision to leave, and you think that's a big mistake.
Which brings us back to one indisputable fact. Ollie is/was/should have been in that inner circle.
This of course is the exact opposite of an indisputable fact, and is not even something KO has any control over.

As always, you're an idiot.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It is not vitriol when the consensus of the entire board is that he made a huge mistake. It is stating a fact.

It IS vitriol when someone calls him an idiot, or otherwise attacks him as a person because he didn't decide to come back and add to their experience as a fan. Like I said before, I agree that he probably made the wrong decision here, but he doesn't deserve to be insulted, and the losers that do that have no right to when they don't contribute half as much to this university as Hamilton has.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Every player that declares early says the same thing. Most of them are making the wrong decision.
EVERY player says the same thing? My God you are so simplistic at times -

Reaction Score
He could rake! Pencil him in for .290-.300 yearly. Always wore a smile on mlb network. Sad that he's gone.
Your memory is better than mine for sure. I thought he was more of a .260 type hitter but he actually hit over.290 9 times. He had less than 200 ABs 6 times though so he must have platooned or been a 4th OFer many of those seasons. Was very well liked by everyone, sad to lose him so young to such a tragedy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fact or opinion? Most people treat their opinions as fact!

Reaction Score
If internet is correct same agent as Marcus Williams and DeAndre Daniels.

Yeah, definitely the two UConn players you would hope your pro career turns out like. yikes

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some folks won't want to hear this, but this should tell you all you need to know about what Daniel Hamilton thinks of Kevin Ollie's ability to make him a better ball player next year. It's pennywise, pound foolish on the surface, but if you think you're better off learning in the DL (where he'll likely wind up), then so be it.
Or is he just done with college and ready for a salary?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because agents are responsible for player development.
or is it because agents advise players as to what will enhance their career?

Reaction Score
Goldfeder is also the agent for Blake Griffin, all 3 Zellers, Isaiah Thomas and more

Who does Hamilton have more in common with the UConn players or Blake Griffin and the Zeller brothers?

When deciding on an agent, it seems like you would consider how the careers of players who were in similar situations turned out. It makes sense to me.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

maybe it's a sign of a player's potential, certainly plausible

let's be kind and say he's not an "A" list agent, the dude has to work for his living

probably has a lot of offshore contacts

Reaction Score
You (and we) don't know the first thing about hiring an agent as a professional athlete, so stop digging a hole.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Come on, this is like a scene from the movie Bull Durham.

When a guy leaves college early there are 2 acceptable answers:
1. I need to provide for my family
2. I have accomplished everything I set out to do here.

In this case DHam said them both regardless of whether they were his real reasons for departing.

Maybe Dham thinks he ready for the NBA? Or maybe Dham hates college life? Or maybe Dham is unhappy at UConn? Who knows what the real reason are? There are plenty of other reasons which if said would be more hurtful than I'm leaving for my family and my work is done here. The point is the reason he is leaving really does not matter.

Bottom line is Dham may be making a mistake but he deserves better than an angry UConn fan base attacking him. Sure I think he is making a mistake and should have stayed another year but I am grateful he came to UConn and I wish him the best. Anything less just seems petty at this point.

Of course, you remember that Bull Durham was a movie about a minor league catcher who never made it to the Big Leagues.
So, you believe he is never going to make it in the NBA or he has been secretly seeing Susan Sarandon all this time.

Reaction Score
Ah, OK, yes, AACT MVP helps his case, but not enormously. And I agree that Hamilton was a unique talent -- his skills for a 3, passing and rebounding in particular, were exceptional.

But to say he "accomplished" more than all but a few; that just rubs me the wrong way. Here's my list of guys who can, with a straight face, say “Not many people have accomplished what I’ve accomplished at UConn.”:

Individuals
Donyell
Ray
KEA
Rip
Caron
Emeka
Thabeet
Kemba
Shabazz

Teams
Any champs
Any Final Four participants
Any multiple-time conference champions (usually subsumed in one of the two above)
Hey what about my man Taliek! Isn't he top in assists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom