Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 63 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kentucky is probably the most serious other contender. With the year UConn has had, would you blame him if he decided his 1 semester in college he wanted to play for an NCAA Tournament team?
I would think he wants to start too, and he definitely ain't starting over Malik Monk

Reaction Score
Wow...if he joins a team that's not UConn for the 2nd semester...he could be seriously hated by UConn fans. We accepted him, allowed him to be on campus constantly, use our facilities, etc. UConn isn't the only 2nd semester option apparently. Who else is a serious option?
UConn, Kansas, Arizona and Kentucky all have available scholarships, but UConn has most to offer out of all those schools if he's looking at playing immediately.

Reaction Score
My understanding is that the moment he enrolls he can play. First semester has to be over, but it already is. So if he enrolled Thursday, he could play Friday.

Not sure that would be advisable. But he could theoretically do it. That's how I read the rules at least...

Reaction Score
He doesn't realistically have enough time to go shopping around schools for a second semester enrollment. He's got like a week or two to pull the trigger on this.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't he have to take the minimum credit hours and maintain some grade or it hurts with the APR even if he bails

Maybe 9 credit hours like if there are such classes

Baketball 101
Sports 101
Cooking 101

Legit question - Let's say he signs up for classes and enrolls for 2nd semester, and knows he's declaring for draft in June - does he ever technically have to go to/pass a class to stay eligible for the semester? If the answer is no that is freaking Hilarious.

Reaction Score
Calapari may not want to do this mid-season too or if he does he may get limited minutes and then have to return for another season where he can play 30+ mins on UConn and quickly be the best player

I would think he wants to start too, and he definitely ain't starting over Malik Monk

Reaction Score
UConn, Kansas, Arizona and Kentucky all have available scholarships, but UConn has most to offer out of all those schools if he's looking at playing immediately.

Along these lines, it's just as logical (albeit not as exciting to Husky fans) that, since it's proximal, UConn is just the first stop on a rapid visit tour to review the schools he's considering. I'm making a concerted effort not to get too excited as to avoid a deep holiday depression if he goes elsewhere or decides to stay in HS.

Reaction Score
Along these lines, it's just as logical (albeit not as exciting to Husky fans) that, since it's proximal, UConn is just the first stop on a rapid visit tour to review the schools he's considering. I'm making a concerted effort not to get too excited as to avoid a deep holiday depression if he goes elsewhere or decides to stay in HS.
Oh no. We've endured so much bad this year between football, basketball and the b12. Something's gotta give. I'm long past being rational and on to wondering what number he'd wear

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Anyone seen him play enough to speak to whether he can defend? Can he shutdown a chair? Stay in front of real players?
Also while I'm asking, how good of a handle does he have? He can contribute right away if he can handle the ball well, defend pretty well, and dunk many times a game.

Reaction Score
Legit question - Let's say he signs up for classes and enrolls for 2nd semester, and knows he's declaring for draft in June - does he ever technically have to go to/pass a class to stay eligible for the semester? If the answer is no that is freaking Hilarious.
Wouldn't he have to take the minimum credit hours and maintain some grade or it hurts with the APR even if he bails

Maybe 9 credit hours like if there are such classes

Baketball 101
Sports 101
Cooking 101

To be eligible to play, no, he wouldn't have to ever go to a class.

But yes, that would hurt our APR if he wasn't in good standing upon leaving and getting drafted.

Reaction Score
Anyone seen him play enough to speak to whether he can defend? Can he shutdown a chair? Stay in front of real players?
Also while I'm asking, how good of a handle does he have? He can contribute right away if he can handle the ball well, defend pretty well, and dunk many times a game.
@James or @Ricker can probably answer that, but a lot of scouting reports on him praise his defense.

Reaction Score
Even though it would reflect poorly I'd be great if he never attended a class to make a total mockery of college athletics

As long as it didn't harm the APR too much

To be eligible to play, no, he wouldn't have to ever go to a class.

But yes, that would hurt our APR if he wasn't in good standing upon leaving and getting drafted.

Reaction Score
@James or @Ricker can probably answer that, but a lot of scouting reports on him praise his defense.
I've seen him play once in person but on tape in the u18s he was the best defender on the floor in chile. All their games are on YouTube if anyone wants to see.

Hami coming second semester is awesome but I really don't know how much it'll affect the w/l (see fultz on udub). people will watch us more for sure though.

Reaction Score
So we're the same team if we have a lottery pick on the team or play CV instead the same minutes/position? This place is batty

Maybe the argument is will it affect the chemistry since he'll have virtually no practice time

I've seen him play once in person but on tape in the u18s he was the best defender on the floor in chile. All their games are on YouTube if anyone wants to see.

Hami coming second semester is awesome but I really don't know how much it'll affect the w/l (see fultz on udub). people will watch us more for sure though.

Reaction Score
Dickey V there - reached for his phone to let Coach K know who was there watching "Mikey Baby you have to get this kid, he's a PTPer baby!!!!"

Reaction Score
So we're the same team if we have a lottery pick on the team or play CV instead the same minutes/position? This place is batty

Maybe the argument is will it affect the chemistry since he'll have virtually no practice time

You make up. No one would say that. C'mon JSM get with the program.

Reaction Score
I agree with those who are being cautious with their optimism.

My biggest question is, why didn't he just enroll in the fall and play a full year at UConn? What has changed that makes him willing and/or able to come now but not then?

Second, it takes time for any kid to adjust to the speed of the college game and it takes time to gel with your teammates. Coming in mid-season without even practicing with the team before is not the best way to get a strong start or even to be ready to be a major contributor come March.

Third, I would be concerned about team chemistry. Hell, I worry a little about team chemistry with a one-and-done, never mind a 0.5 and done! Even a one and done has to come in and replace a player that wasn't already a major contributor and you don't expect to become a major contributor. Drummond is a great kid by all accounts and very gifted but he struggled to contribute and caused team chemistry issues. They weren't at all his fault but they happened.

Injuries.

He was looking at a team with Purvis, Larrier and Gilbert playing the 1-3 positions in addition to Adams and Vital. With Gilbert and Vital handling the 1, he saw that Purvis/Larrier/Adams/Jackson would be competing for playing time at the 2-3.

Nickiiiv

NICKIIIV
Reaction Score
Team weathers the storm until the new year and then...
-Hami commits to Uconn
-Mamadou's knee miraculously is at 110%
-Alterique dusts off shoulder
-DHam and Drummond both find loopholes to enroll and join the program once more
- Vital, Jackson, and Durham are all rewarded with the second half of the season all expense funded vacations bc the of the work they were forced into.
-Tyler Olander returns only to win 3rd championship

2017 is bright

January 2017
-The search for Ater Majok continues, we have not given up on him yet!

This thread has been wildly ludicrous at many times, so please do not pull the trigger on deeming any of my predictions bs yet.

Attachments

• KG anythinfg is possible.jpg
    KG anythinfg is possible.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 25
Reaction Score

He does have to go to class. He doesn't have to pass it (of course, that would badly hurt UConn's APR).

Reaction Score
Someone said it may not affect wins/losses if he joins or not, I disagree, I think they are much better with him and in theory could be top 15 by March, although they may not be that high due to the poor start and will have few top 50 wins

You make up. No one would say that. C'mon JSM get with the program.

Reaction Score
honestly don't think playing time has much to do with it. This is a potential lottery pick we are talking about , those guys on uconn would simply have to take a backseat eve if healthy.'

IMO this seems like he is getting best of both worlds ; early entry and college experience with some upside to compete in march madness. Scouts aren't going to waver after intensely watching him this winter.

And please folks should stop entertaining JSM, guy is a cancerous poster. Just put him on ignore.

Reaction Score
Good point. Someone else mentioned that it would be very helpful to have him come March. Pretty optimistic to think we will be playing in March (other than the AAC tourney)...

Someone pointed out here the other day that with 3 losses in the conference regular season and 1 loss in the conference tournament, UConn's RPI will be 28.

Reaction Score
Wow James, what an incredible analysis

Thanks for the compliment

honestly don't think playing time has much to do with it. This is a potential lottery pick we are talking about , those guys on uconn would simply have to take a backseat eve if healthy.'

IMO this seems like he is getting best of both worlds ; early entry and college experience with some upside to compete in march madness. Scouts aren't going to waver after intensely watching him this winter.

And please folks should stop entertaining JSM, guy is a cancerous poster. Just put him on ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom