Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 65 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he comes and commits tomorrow, he will be at the Auburn game I'm thinking. Maybe not on the bench suited up, but at least sitting behind the bench and being swarmed for photos/autographs.

I'm trying to find a way to go now

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Saw this myself over there last night. Some UConn fan went on to talk basketball and the Kentucky fans just swarmed together to throw insults at the program. I get it, we aren't having the best start to the year. But the bully mentality over there was asinine.
something something championships...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Speak for yourself. I certainly wouldn't hate him.
You'd be in the minority. I cant blame him for choosing another school. What I'd blame him for is stringing us along. Basically living on campus using the facilities only to say. JK! Going to UK.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I like our chances. For those of you who've only seen his mixtapes, when he wants to be he can be an elite defender. He just takes possessions off in AAU and high school ball like everyone else.

Offensively he can't shoot that well from deep but I think the team that gets him will benefit most if they slot him at the 3. He rebounds ridiculously well for his height and is super quick in transition. (Him and Adams on the break would be AMAZING)

Reaction Score
UConn Men Could Get Second-Half Gift If Recruit Diallo Makes Move To College

"Diallo plans to make his first official visit to UConn this week, and attend the Huskies' game against Auburn at the XL Center on Friday, Espinosa confirmed. "He may try to squeeze in a couple of other visits," Espinosa said."
Who is Philip Nyberg? Hockey player? Thought we were getting another body for the team when I thought about it for a second and realized he's from Sweden, not exactly a basketball hotbed.

Reaction Score
You'd be in the minority. I cant blame him for choosing another school. What I'd blame him for is stringing us along. Basically living on campus using the facilities only to say. JK! Going to UK.

There is no "us" or "we" that you have referred to. He doesn't owe you or I a single thing. He has never implied he was coming here or publicized any visit. Blame Oz or our posters creeping on his snapchat if you want. His best friend is on our team.

We can agree about one thing. Hopefully we never find out what the boards reaction would be.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Would be an amazing pickup for the 2nd half of the season. Could use that length and athleticism at the 3. Even if he can't shoot we could use him on defense and on the break. Hopefully he could learn to pick apart the middle of a zone too.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He rebounds ridiculously well for his height
This is actually the part where I think he'd be the biggest help. If he can be a 5 rpg wing, that'd eliminate (or at least tamp down upon) one of our big weaknesses.

We lost games this year because we couldn't finish defensive possessions by grabbing the damn ball. Hopefully Diallo can walk into the lineup for 20+ mpg and change that.

EDIT: Also needs to be said that he's a better passer than most realize. He's still a "raw" player in a lot of respects, but the kid can see the floor pretty damn well.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Connecticut - the New England home of the Curmudgeon. JSM is just a Garden Variety which can be found commonly on every Common in the state.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm excited that he may come to UConn, especially if he can join for spring. I don't think it's realistic that he'd start when he's never practiced with the team. I do think it's realistic that he'd eventually beat out CV and start later in the year.

I also seriously doubt that he's enough to make UConn significantly better. But honestly, just letting Adams and Rodney get five minutes of rest a game would make us better. It would help our foul situation as well, and allow Adams to defend more aggressively.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Connecticut - the New England home of the Curmudgeon. JSM is just a Garden Variety which can be found commonly on every Common in the state.

I think you're selling him a little short Pudge. He's like the Goblin King of Curmudgeons.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
No, not necessarily, but maybe not much worse since Vance isn't very good either. HD can do so much more on the floor so no way Vance or CV would play over him.
I agree about Vance not playing more than Hamidou. Vance has a weird shot. He pushes the ball from his chest. Awful. I see no improvement and his hair makes him a DHam wannabe.

:mad:

Reaction Score
I think he would by mid-Jan. I think he makes the team a ton better, more depth, more explosive than CV or VJ, etc. Hope it happens. I mean, next year would be great but he wasn't likely to do that anyway.

I'm excited that he may come to UConn, especially if he can join for spring. I don't think it's realistic that he'd start when he's never practiced with the team. I do think it's realistic that he'd eventually beat out CV and start later in the year.

I also seriously doubt that he's enough to make UConn significantly better. But honestly, just letting Adams and Rodney get five minutes of rest a game would make us better. It would help our foul situation as well, and allow Adams to defend more aggressively.

Reaction Score
Great analysis and insight.

What is Vance's Dad's Twitter handle again? I have to follow that.

I agree about Vance not playing more than Hamidou. Vance has a weird shot. He pushes the ball from his chest. Awful. I see no improvement and his hair makes him a DHam wannabe.

:mad:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hami is eligible now. He should come second semester and see what college feels like. He can't go to the draft ubtil June anyway; so why not keep in game shape and be a home town hero? (Pipe dream I know)

Nice call Ewekon - Not looking like a pipe dream any more. His post from Sunday evening.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Overall Wins: Kentucky - 1; Connecticut - 4 | Official Wins: Kentucky - 1; Connecticut - 4 | (*)
bluebar.gif

Date Game Result Score Notes
4/7/2014 Kentucky vs. Connecticut L 54 - 60 NCAA Championship (at Arlington, TX)
4/2/2011 (#11) Kentucky vs. (#9) Connecticut L 55 - 56 NCAA Final Four (at Houston, TX)
11/24/2010 (#8) Kentucky vs. Connecticut L 67 - 84 Maui Classic Invitational (at Lahaina, HI)
12/9/2009 (#4) Kentucky vs. (#14) Connecticut W 64 - 61 SEC/Big East Invitational (at New York, NY)
3/19/2006 Kentucky vs. (#2) Connecticut L 83 - 87 NCAA Washington D.C. Regional Second Round (at Philadelphia, PA)

Someone just post that over on their thread an tell them to shut up.
Paging our resident UConn messenger @AfgHusky15 :rolleyes:. Dude you are wasting your time trying to engage them there. You think you are winning them over by being level headed and kind but you are just setting them up for jokes and alley oops while they high five each other over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom