Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 66 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I liked it, but now with the tight cut I think he looks like J.Cole. To the older 'yarders, that's a rapper, not a men's clothing store
I thought that was food made out of cabbage.

Nickiiiv

NICKIIIV
Reaction Score
Any Uconn fan who goes to Rupp Rafters and attempts to engage UK fans in rational discourse is out of their goshdarn mind. Especially after the Hami news.
dude, I'm a Uconn fan that goes to UK, there is no; I repeat THERE IS NO rational debate with UK fans ever. Being the persistent repetitive I am I just ask them their all time record when playing Uconn, or my classmates (All 25 and younger) I ask them one simple question, how many championships has your team enjoyed in your lifetime? I win every time!

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score

Oz is tight with KO, right?

Oz is indeed super tight with KO...he's always super optimistic about recruiting but he's never wavered on being adamant about Hami coming to UConn

Reaction Score
Paging our resident UConn messenger @AfgHusky15 :rolleyes:. Dude you are wasting your time trying to engage them there. You think you are winning them over by being level headed and kind but you are just setting them up for jokes and alley oops while they high five each other over nothing.

Nah. I am not trying to win anyone over. I root against Kentucky as much as they root against us, its part of the fun in following college bball. Being level headed and kind is just how I try to live me life.

No need to post that info on their board they already know UConn has Kentucky's number, its why they hate UConn. None of their trash talk about UConn being "irrelevant" or the next "NC State" affects me nor should it affect any other UConn fan. When the school you cheer for has won more national championships than any other program in the past 2 decades then insults from any other school attempting to paint us as anything other than elite is just laughable.

I just go to their board occasionally because I just like talking college bball and this year UConn and UK were after many of the same recruits (Hami, Richards, Bamba, Petty, Waters) so it was nice seeing what their insiders were hearing.

I think its only inevitable that KO is going to go head to head with Cal for nation's top recruits especially as coach K is nearing retirement. Its why I think given our short but meaningful history with UK and our future recruiting battles both schools should set up a long term home and home series against one another. It would be fun for both fanbases!

C

Chief00

I think he would by mid-Jan. I think he makes the team a ton better, more depth, more explosive than CV or VJ, etc. Hope it happens. I mean, next year would be great but he wasn't likely to do that anyway.
I was thinking some minutes 12/28 - every game counts.

C

Chief00

I'm excited that he may come to UConn, especially if he can join for spring. I don't think it's realistic that he'd start when he's never practiced with the team. I do think it's realistic that he'd eventually beat out CV and start later in the year.

I also seriously doubt that he's enough to make UConn significantly better. But honestly, just letting Adams and Rodney get five minutes of rest a game would make us better. It would help our foul situation as well, and allow Adams to defend more aggressively.

He is definitely a starter - if not immediate by game 3.

Reaction Score
I think its only inevitable that KO is going to go head to head with Cal for nation's top recruits especially as coach K is nearing retirement. Its why I think given our short but meaningful history with UK and our future recruiting battles both schools should set up a long term home and home series against one another. It would be fun for both fanbases!

As much as I wish that might be true in the future, the AAC is going to seriously weigh down KO's recruiting efforts of top 10 recruits in the future. I think he's going to be great getting guys in the top 50 every year. Absolutely. And as much of a pessimist as I am on here- this isn't me being that- its just truth whether you support us being in the AAC or not. Many of these one and done recruits are going to want to showcase their talents against the best in the country. Not against Houston on a Wednesday at 3 PM (next week.)

Reaction Score
So, if you changed CV with Malik Monk it wouldn't affect UK's record or CV with Dennis Smith @ NC State there would be no difference?

Not saying HD is equal these guys, just that he's a million times more explosive than CV right now.

You should go back and look at the top 10 rankings over the last several years.

For every Karl Towns, you have 5 guys like Cliff Alexander.

Reaction Score
As much as I wish that might be true in the future, the AAC is going to seriously weigh down KO's recruiting efforts of top 10 recruits in the future. I think he's going to be great getting guys in the top 50 every year. Absolutely. And as much of a pessimist as I am on here- this isn't me being that- its just truth whether you support us being in the AAC or not. Many of these one and done recruits are going to want to showcase their talents against the best in the country. Not against Houston on a Wednesday at 3 PM (next week.)
I really hope you learn the difference between fact and opinion at some point.

Reaction Score

We've been in this conference 5 years already.

Why wouldn't have it already weighed Ollie down.

By grabbing DHam, Jalen Adams, Alterique, and now--maybe--Diallo, he is showing that he can beat the top schools for the top players. That's 4 guys in 4 years for Ollie. That's a pretty solid track record. Compare to Calhoun's recruiting record.

Reaction Score
We've been in this conference 5 years already.

Why wouldn't have it already weighed Ollie down.

By grabbing DHam, Jalen Adams, Alterique, and now--maybe--Diallo, he is showing that he can beat the top schools for the top players. That's 4 guys in 4 years for Ollie. That's a pretty solid track record. Compare to Calhoun's recruiting record.
It's weighing Ollie down, if we were P5 he would be recruiting at Cal and K's level.

Reaction Score
Oz is indeed super tight with KO...he's always super optimistic about recruiting but he's never wavered on being adamant about Hami coming to UConn
Oz just did say to temper the expectations and that Diallo will probably make at least 1 other official visit before deciding. But in the end he still thinks he's going to choose UConn.

Reaction Score
It's weighing Ollie down, if we were P5 he would be recruiting at Cal and K's level.

??? Just do a comparison of UConn's recruiting through the years. You'll find this isn't true. Unless your argument is that the old Big East held recruiting back.

Reaction Score
Oz just did say to temper the expectations and that Diallo will probably make at least 1 other official visit before deciding. But in the end he still thinks he's going to choose UConn.

Hrrrrgghhh! Yeah, I'll temper them now--given all the certainty from Meyer and others. That doesn't sound good.

Reaction Score
??? Just do a comparison of UConn's recruiting through the years. You'll find this isn't true. Unless your argument is that the old Big East held recruiting back.
I can probably name every UConn recruiting class from the past 20 years. Our history of recruiting classes has absolutely nothing to do with the AAC holding Ollie back from recruiting at the level of Cal and K.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Where did he say that? Not on Twitter or the Rivals board.

Reaction Score
I think the subtextual argument is that Ollie's ceiling as a recruiter is higher than Calhoun's. And if we get into a better conference, there's a chance we'll see as much.

FWIW I tend to agree with that sentiment.

Reaction Score
So he's taking an official visit tomorrow and on record for going to the auburn game from espinosa? When you add in all the buzz from recruiting guys, i just don't see how its possible he is considering other schools at this point. but we'll see tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom