Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 62 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you remember the ray of sunshine that was husky91, that's this .

And other folks, help me out; wasn't he Frank Ivy before husky91?

No. Frank Ivy was a d!ckhead but he wasn't simple minded like JSM. He is another guy who would change his name a lot (Prezidint, cheeky, others) but I don't think he posts here anymore.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Looks like he's eligible

Oh wow. I would have thought NCAA would be a pain in the a*ss .... remembering Boat and Charlie V.

So its up to KO to close the deal then.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Looks like he's eligible

This was the only hurdle I was worried about. He's coming here.

Is he eligible to start playing before the 2nd semester starts as long as he's enrolled?

Reaction Score
I agree with those who are being cautious with their optimism.

My biggest question is, why didn't he just enroll in the fall and play a full year at UConn? What has changed that makes him willing and/or able to come now but not then?

Second, it takes time for any kid to adjust to the speed of the college game and it takes time to gel with your teammates. Coming in mid-season without even practicing with the team before is not the best way to get a strong start or even to be ready to be a major contributor come March.

Third, I would be concerned about team chemistry. Hell, I worry a little about team chemistry with a one-and-done, never mind a 0.5 and done! Even a one and done has to come in and replace a player that wasn't already a major contributor and you don't expect to become a major contributor. Drummond is a great kid by all accounts and very gifted but he struggled to contribute and caused team chemistry issues. They weren't at all his fault but they happened.

Reaction Score
Are you challenging my point that we'd rather play HD 30+ minutes and limit CV and VJ? I can't follow with the insults

If you remember the ray of sunshine that was husky91, that's this .

And other folks, help me out; wasn't he Frank Ivy before husky91?

Reaction Score
Well Auburn just conveniently had their 5 star recruit, Austin Wiley, cleared by the NCAA before they play us. If we add our own 5 star in time for the game, that would be pretty cool.

Raise.

Teddy-KGB.gif

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

My biggest question is, why didn't he just enroll in the fall and play a full year at UConn? What has changed that makes him willing and/or able to come now but not then?

Second, it takes time for any kid to adjust to the speed of the college game and it takes time to gel with your teammates. Coming in mid-season without even practicing with the team before is not the best way to get a strong start or even to be ready to be a major contributor come March.

Valid points, and perhaps that would be enough to convince Diallo to return next season if he struggles mid-season.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Wow...if he joins a team that's not UConn for the 2nd semester...he could be seriously hated by UConn fans. We accepted him, allowed him to be on campus constantly, use our facilities, etc. UConn isn't the only 2nd semester option apparently. Who else is a serious option?

Reaction Score

Third, I would be concerned about team chemistry. Hell, I worry a little about team chemistry with a one-and-done, never mind a 0.5 and done! Even a one and done has to come in and replace a player that wasn't already a major contributor and you don't expect to become a major contributor. Drummond is a great kid by all accounts and very gifted but he struggled to contribute and caused team chemistry issues. They weren't at all his fault but they happened.
Hamidou has basically been a teammate already the past year. We are down to 8 scholarship players and need a warm body in the worst way. Hamidou is much more than a warm body, no possible downside.

Reaction Score
Wow...if he joins a team that's not UConn for the 2nd semester...he could be seriously hated by UConn fans. We accepted him, allowed him to be on campus constantly, use our facilities, etc. UConn isn't the only 2nd semester option apparently. Who else is a serious option?

Kentucky is probably the most serious other contender. With the year UConn has had, would you blame him if he decided his 1 semester in college he wanted to play for an NCAA Tournament team?

Reaction Score
We have to be a heavy favorite I'd think over other schools - He has a chance to get LOTS of minutes, it's close to home and even though he's injured his good friend plays here. He's also comfortable here, he's been to campus a million times and likes Ollie.

So is this seriously possible that he commits tomorrow and plays Friday? Talk about whirlwind if true.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is probably the most serious other contender. With the year UConn has had, would you blame him if he decided his 1 semester in college he wanted to play for an NCAA Tournament team?
IMO that would be the wrong move. I don't see him getting much playing time for Kentucky

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good point. Someone else mentioned that it would be very helpful to have him come March. Pretty optimistic to think we will be playing in March (other than the AAC tourney)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom