Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 60 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You get the feeling that this is something that has been in the works for a while now. Would explain a lot (him basically living with the team, the UConn MBB account following him on twitter, Oz never backing off, KO making cryptic references to possible additions, etc.)

The fact that the NCAA has to clear him makes me nervous. They've pretty much stayed off our d*** since KO took over, but still. They can never be counted on to not duck* somebody over.

Reaction Score
My biggest question is if this is all true and if the NCAA and UConn admissions approves then this is wonderful, but if not does he announce his intentions to come to UConn next year if not the NBA?

Reaction Score
We get him for 1/2 season and he bolts to NBA.

Still better to get him to take all of CV's and VJ's minutes.

Is this real? This would be like Christmas in ..... late December!

Reaction Score
My biggest question is if this is all true and if the NCAA and UConn admissions approves then this is wonderful, but if not does he announce his intentions to come to UConn next year if not the NBA?

Same wonder. It would be great if he came here for the 2nd half of this season. He may help us make the tourney. But- many have been unclear on whether he is actually allowed to enter the draft this summer. Some say yes- some say no. I haven't kept up with the rules etc. so I have no idea. That being said, if it comes down to him spending half a year here to a team that is probably not going to make a run in March then jump to the league, or spending next year with a team that has every reason to make a deep run (w/ Jalen), I'd much rather take him for next year.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Best thing will be VJ's Dad's Tweet if this happens realizing his kid will see even fewer minutes.

From Jerry Meyer this am -- I like the "quite likely" part": http:// .com/Bolt/What-we-are-hearing-Hamidou-Diallo-and-UConn-49948411

FT. MYERS, Fla. - Connecticut head coach Kevin Ollie and two assistants were at the City of Palms Classic on Tuesday night to watch five-star wing Hamidou Diallo, and is hearing that it is quite likely Diallo joins the Huskies for the second half of this season.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Same wonder. It would be great if he came here for the 2nd half of this season. He may help us make the tourney. But- many have been unclear on whether he is actually allowed to enter the draft this summer. Some say yes- some say no. I haven't kept up with the rules etc. so I have no idea. That being said, if it comes down to him spending half a year here to a team that is probably not going to make a run in March then jump to the league, or spending next year with a team that has every reason to make a deep run (w/ Jalen), I'd much rather take him for next year.

He is eligible for the draft. The people saying he isn't are wrong.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Let's not forget one additional factor here. He may not enter the draft because he's not ready and won't be a first round pick. The NBA has changed a little and isn't as fond of gambling on these kids as it once was. 1.5 years at UConn might still help him over just 1 year at UConn.

Reaction Score
Best thing will be VJ's Dad's Tweet if this happens realizing his kid will see even fewer minutes.
It will probably impact Purvis' and Adams' minutes more than anyone else. Vance plays the 3 and 4, which we will still be thin at even with Diallo chipping in some at the 3.

Jackson is not going to improve this year, so if I were him I wouldn't worry about minutes. He just to keep getting better because the team will be much more dependent on his scoring next year.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It will probably impact Purvis' and Adams' minutes more than anyone else. Vance plays the 3 and 4, which we will still be thin at even with Diallo chipping in some at the 3.

Jackson is not going to improve this year, so if I were him I wouldn't worry about minutes. He just to keep getting better because the team will be much more dependent on his scoring next year.

Why not? Of course he will improve. What could this be based on?

Reaction Score
I think it impacts CV the most, he'll go from 30+ minutes to 8-10.

CV shoots 33% and VJ 32% and average a combined 8.4 PPG in 30 mins of play. Getting them off the floor is a huge upgrade for UConn.

pj

Reaction Score

This is all backwards. Vance will get a few minutes at the 4, but Durham needs as many minutes as he can play there and Facey is the best player. As the games matter more in March, Facey and Durham should be splitting the minutes. At the 3, if Hami comes then Hami and Purvis will take all the time. Vital for ballhandling will be the 4th perimeter player. There's too steep a drop off from Hami/Purvis to Vance on the wing for him to get significant minutes there.

Reaction Score
I think it impacts CV the most, he'll go from 30+ minutes to 8-10.

CV shoots 33% and VJ 32% and average a combined 8.4 PPG in 30 mins of play. Getting them off the floor is a huge upgrade for UConn.

Vital provides much needed perimeter defense and Vance is starting to look like he is getting adjusted to the speed of the college game and I fully expect to see his shooting % rise as the season continues (he's too good a shooter not to).

Also your response leads me to believe you have never seen Diallo play. Diallo achilles heel is his shooting. He's a freak athlete with great slashing abilities and great in the open floor/transition

Reaction Score
Let's not forget one additional factor here. He may not enter the draft because he's not ready and won't be a first round pick. The NBA has changed a little and isn't as fond of gambling on these kids as it once was. 1.5 years at UConn might still help him over just 1 year at UConn.

This is the ideal situation.

Reaction Score
This is all backwards. Vance will get a few minutes at the 4, but Durham needs as many minutes as he can play there and Facey is the best player. As the games matter more in March, Facey and Durham should be splitting the minutes. At the 3, if Hami comes then Hami and Purvis will take all the time. Vital for ballhandling will be the 4th perimeter player. There's too steep a drop off from Hami/Purvis to Vance on the wing for him to get significant minutes there.
Well in terms of sheer number of minutes, Adams and Purvis simply need much more rest. Vital and Jackson are playing too many minutes for their current level of play too, but each will still play enough to make an impact. Maybe they'll lose a greater percentage of their minutes than Adams/Purvis, but those two really need rest or they're going to get hurt.

Reaction Score
Not live, just in video. CV will go to being a backup PG to JA. CV will have the biggest adjustment going from 30 mins to now basically 8-10. And that is likely to continue next year even without Diallo when MAL, AG and Larrier are back.

Vital provides much needed perimeter defense and Vance is starting to look like he is getting adjusted to the speed of the college game and I fully expect to see his shooting % rise as the season continues (he's too good a shooter not to).

Also your response leads me to believe you have never seen Diallo play. Diallo achilles heel is his shooting. He's a freak athlete with great slashing abilities and great in the open floor/transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom