Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why would this be a good thing?

Hasn't VJ played well and been a solid contributor as a frosh?
Dude is just a spiteful, nasty, miserable person. Has gone through several accounts on this website because the entire forum finds him unbearable. Normal adults would take a hint and change something, either their conduct, or realize they don't fit in and leave. But this guy's different. He's like a Terminator of negativity. Just ignore him; you won't be missing anything

Reaction Score
Dude is just a spiteful, nasty, miserable person. Has gone through several accounts on this website because the entire forum finds him unbearable. Normal adults would take a hint and change something, either their conduct, or realize they don't fit in and leave. But this guy's different. He's like a Terminator of negativity. Just ignore him; you won't be missing anything
I don't blame him for not leaving, folks still haven't learned and are still entertaining his nonsense.

Reaction Score
It's a meme. I guess I can count on the fogeys here to not be familiar with memes.

Maybe it is because I'm a "fogey" because I admit to being unfamiliar with this pattern of behavior in our BY culture? Please explain...

I'm ready for this bit of good news if it passes through our BY threads, but my body doesn't need it from what I know?

Reaction Score
Spiteful? More like objective, which doesn't always work well here or on the NBA board.

CV can be a solid backup PG, but certainly not someone you want to rely on for offense. Same with VJ. Having Diallo play a majority of their minutes is a huge upgrade, who would argue that?

And MAL/AG/Larrier playing a majority of minutes over CV and VJ is not a huge upgrade too?

Reaction Score
Spiteful? More like objective, which doesn't always work well here or on the NBA board.

CV can be a solid backup PG, but certainly not someone you want to rely on for offense. Same with VJ. Having Diallo play a majority of their minutes is a huge upgrade, who would argue that?

And MAL/AG/Larrier playing a majority of minutes over CV and VJ is not a huge upgrade too?

Herein lies the issue JSM, we didn't have HD and still don't. Our options, after injuries, are CV and VJ both of whom have been better than anticipated considering each were more than likely headed to a frosh year of low minutes, some DNP's - and they are now asked to contribute immediately and learn on the job. You have been unfair to them and pessimistic to say the least. No denying that, as well as so many others.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Mau,

I agree with this that they are playing because our more talented players are hurt. I'm strictly saying this team gets a lot better by replacing their minutes with a better player(s).

And that CV's minutes will be down a lot because he'll be the 4th guard behind JA, AG and MAL. Not intended as a criticism. Just think that is a tough adjustment for him and UConn will recruit over him again next year.

Herein lies the issue JSM, we didn't have HD and still don't. Our options, after injuries, are CV and VJ both of whom have been better than anticipated considering each were more than likely headed to a frosh year of low minutes, some DNP's - and they are now asked to contribute immediately and learn on the job. You have been unfair to them and pessimistic to say the least. No denying that, as well as so many others.

Reaction Score
Mau,

I agree with this that they are playing because our more talented players are hurt. I'm strictly saying this team gets a lot better by replacing their minutes with a better player(s).

And that CV's minutes will be down a lot because he'll be the 4th guard behind JA, AG and MAL. Not intended as a criticism. Just think that is a tough adjustment for him and UConn will recruit over him again next year.
Lol dude, Hami can't shoot that great, alright. Defenses back off, he could struggle a bit until he gets his feet under him. Both Vital AND Jackson can put it on the floor and shoot. Don't you think we'd play people who can stretch the defense?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
He's never been to UK once, so I'm sure in the midst of all this second semester enrollment talk, he's real consumed by the thought of taking an OV there.

I don't mind Zags, but this Coach Cal mouthpiece spin is kind of embarrassing for the guy.

I was surprised that it took until his 5th sentence to mention Kentucky, to be honest. Was expecting it to read 'Kentucky target Hamidou Diallo to take official to UConn'.

Zags is a joke.

Reaction Score
Hypothetically when is the earliest he could play; Is it just a matter of the NCAA clearing him and then he can suit up immediately? That kid Wiley for Auburn committed and was playing within days, I believe.

Reaction Score
Hypothetically when is the earliest he could play; Is it just a matter of the NCAA clearing him and then he can suit up immediately? That kid Wiley for Auburn committed and was playing within days, I believe.
Yeah, so potentially the game after Auburn.

Reaction Score
Yeah, so potentially the game after Auburn.
If this were the case I think the hypothetical you offered up (NCAA viewing our case as two seasons similarly to Cuse w/ Boeheim) is very possible. The longer it takes, that dwindles.

Reaction Score
Mau,

He's not going to get recruited over because he's actually good at basketball. Thinking MAL is going to start next year ahead of him on the depth chart is funny.

Reaction Score
Huh, CV and VJ are both shooting < 30% from 3. You think Diallo wouldn't start immediately in place of either VJ or CV? Even Mau would agree with this.

JA
HD
RP
KF
AB

Lol dude, Hami can't shoot that great, alright. Defenses back off, he could struggle a bit until he gets his feet under him. Both Vital AND Jackson can put it on the floor and shoot. Don't you think we'd play people who can stretch the defense?

Reaction Score

Got it. Thanks. I didn't know the history.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
If he enrolls this weekend, theoretically he can play immediately. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom