Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't follow this stuff at all anymore. Is there a potential Drummond situation in play with this kid or has he committed to a PG year somewhere?
think he is settled on a pg year, and it wouldn't surprise if he did next year somewhere else other than PSA.

Reaction Score
He is a monster on the break but I can't exited about a 2/3 who can't shoot unless he can somehow redefine the position.

Reaction Score
He is a monster on the break but I can't exited about a 2/3 who can't shoot unless he can somehow redefine the position.
Agreed. Who would want a one and done lottery pick? Cmon KO; do better. DeAndre Ayton or bust.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Who would want a one and done lottery pick? Cmon KO; do better. DeAndre Ayton or bust.

What's he saying that is inaccurate? He can't shoot stats prove it right?

I mean if the hope must be his form is good he will be a shooter, or an improved one when he gets there. If he's not after year 1 he can be the best athlete on earth but he's staying in college - not sure of all the one and done certainty.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What's he saying that is inaccurate? He can't shoot stats prove it right?

I mean if the hope must be his form is good he will be a shooter, or an improved one when he gets there. If he's not after year 1 he can be the best athlete on earth but he's staying in college - not sure of all the one and done certainty.
Have you seen the underdeveloped players going into the nba? They kid shows he's a monster athlete and you can always improve shooting.

Reaction Score
I think it's reasonable to be concerned about his lack of shooting ability if we get him, especially if Adams at the 2 and Larrier at the 4 also struggle from deep. That would invite defenses to pack the paint and close off driving lanes.

That said, he would obviously be a huge asset at the 3 and also signal to future classes of recruits that UConn under KO is still a destination for Top 10 talent. We should all be excited to get him if that's what happens.

Reaction Score
Have you seen the underdeveloped players going into the nba? They kid shows he's a monster athlete and you can always improve shooting.

I will say yes the NBA takes too many kids based on potential. For now that's what it would be and they would hope he can shoot eventually because monster athlete or not he'd be easy to guard at that level if he can't make a jumper consistently.

Reaction Score
I think it's reasonable to be concerned about his lack of shooting ability if we get him, especially if Adams at the 2 and Larrier at the 4 also struggle from deep. That would invite defenses to pack the paint and close off driving lanes.

That said, he would obviously be a huge asset at the 3 and also signal to future classes of recruits that UConn under KO is still a destination for Top 10 talent. We should all be excited to get him if that's what happens.

^^^^^

THIS

Reaction Score
^^^^^

THIS
His shooting numbers haven't been great but I saw him in some of the clips from this summer's games hitting three pointers pretty effortlessly. It isn't his game but he can make them and his stroke looks decent. I think he will be ok. He is an elite athlete and being projected as a lottery pick in 2018. If he wants to come, we take him. Remember we will also have Vance Jackson who can shoot it and Vital is a pretty good jump shooter as well. If we can get another shooter in the 2017 class as well I think we will be in good shape. I would also expect to see Adams come in as a much more comfortable shooter this year.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
It's really not reasonable to be concerned about this kid at all. His shots not even bad. SMH

Reaction Score
Good interview.

NBADraft.net: What pro have you learned the most from?
Hamidou Diallo: We learned a lot from a lot of pros; Rudy Gay, LeBron James, Devin Booker...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Kid is grabbing rebounds and dropping dimes like it's his job. He's not quite as natural a playmaker as DHam, but that's the right comp for him as a secondary ball-handler and offensive option, even if their athletic profiles are vastly different.

Reaction Score
Kid is grabbing rebounds and dropping dimes like it's his job. He's not quite as natural a playmaker as DHam, but that's the right comp for him as a secondary ball-handler and offensive option, even if their athletic profiles are vastly different.
hmm i think he is on another level, his comp is westbrook. he loves to push in transition, and in chile he showed great vision. One reason i'm optimistic about KO nabbin him is the freedom he can play with in storrs ( no inside info). he can slide into the 2 or 3 spot and be major option under tutelage of a guy who was westbrooks teammate

other notes, its funny i remember watching nations on tv with purvis and drummond on the same team. this is an awesome event.

Reaction Score
hmm i think he is on another level, his comp is westbrook. he loves to push in transition, and in chile he showed great vision. One reason i'm optimistic about KO nabbin him is the freedom he can play with in storrs ( no inside info). he can slide into the 2 or 3 spot and be major option under tutelage of a guy who was westbrooks teammate

other notes, its funny i remember watching nations on tv with purvis and drummond on the same team. this is an awesome event.
Reggie Rankin just compared him to Iggy on the ESPN telecast

Reaction Score
Reggie Rankin just compared him to Iggy on the ESPN telecast
thats an interesting comp, so was the seth greenberg comp of spreewell. for me i see something more for him but we'll see when he gets to the d1 level.

Reaction Score
thats an interesting comp, so was the seth greenberg comp of spreewell. for me i see something more for him but we'll see when he gets to the d1 level.
He's awesome but Spre and Iggy are pretty awesome too, what do you expect from him?

Reaction Score
He's awesome but Spre and Iggy are pretty awesome too, what do you expect from him?
spreewell, iggy, and westbrook... one of those guys stand out. spree was an all nba guy but i see hd's ceiling to be more in the rwb territory. and after watching him in chile while dominating two summers in a row within eybl/nations, i'm confident the kid will fulfill it.

Reaction Score
One of the EYBL analysts made a UConn pick on 247 yesterday for the little it's worth.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'm a little shocked we haven't gotten any commitments yet for the 2017 class. I realize that not many from that class have committed yet, but I'm just looking for someone to get the ball rolling. I think if HD committed now that would just make everything else so much easier as it would help bring in a bunch of the other guys that would want to play with him. Maybe it would help convince some borderline guys like Bamba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom