Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
A Glimpse Into Basketball’s Future at the FIBA Americas U18 Tournament — The Ringer

A Glimpse Into Basketball’s Future at the FIBA Americas U18 Tournament

Mohamed Bamba: Bamba is a preposterous athlete who might have been constructed in a basketball laboratory. With a 7-foot-9 wingspan, it’s like he’s playing with two tree trimmers attached to his torso. Physically, it’s hard to avoid Rudy Gobert comparisons, but he reminds me more of Clint Capela in terms of the way he moves and slides his body through traffic. Everything about his offensive game is raw, but his ability to shoot free throws (73.3 percent in Chile) is encouraging. Bamba isn’t nearly as far along as Allen (he still has one more season in high school despite being only a month younger) but his upside is as vast as his wingspan.

Hamidou Diallo: Diallo appeared to be the best athlete on Team USA. A 6-foot-5 wing from the class of 2017, Diallo made his presence felt by being everywhere on the court — he was gliding on the floor at extreme speeds. Opponents have found it almost impossible to get around him when he gets down in a defensive stance, though he does tend to jump at fakes, and doesn’t always put himself in the best position to recover. He was a monster on the boards all tournament long, and he came up huge in the championship game with 14 points and six rebounds, including three on the offensive glass. The jumper still needs a lot of work, but hopefully that comes over the next few seasons.

Reaction Score
"The jumper still needs a lot of work, but hopefully that comes over the next few seasons."

"few" seasons? Uh, he's only going to have a couple with a team after he leaves HS.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
the key words here are "a lot of work". Whether it is a few years or a couple years really doesn't matter guys..... I think the a lot of work is a bit obnoxious though.

Reaction Score
the key words here are "a lot of work". Whether it is a few years or a couple years really doesn't matter guys..... I think the a lot of work is a bit obnoxious though.

it totally is. Seems like some of these scouts focus more on weaknesses than strengths. HamiD is a prodigious athlete and can slash with the best of them.

A jumper is a must if he wants to reach his ceiling, but he is still dominant without it.

Reaction Score
how do you know he has two in college?

If he can't shoot it will be t least 2. A 6'4" guy without a jumper who is not a PG doesn't see a lot of time in the NBA. I'm sure there's a couple maybe but not many. Have to be able to shoot the ball.

Give me MAL, Bamba and Beatty now and I jump all over it.

Reaction Score
If he can't shoot it will be t least 2. A 6'4" guy without a jumper who is not a PG doesn't see a lot of time in the NBA. I'm sure there's a couple maybe but not many. Have to be able to shoot the ball.

Give me MAL, Bamba and Beatty now and I jump all over it.

Agreed on that class, to an extent. When we have big time talent in our back yard I think it makes sense to go the extra mile to keep them here. We also have 5 schollies so a 3 person class might be a little light.

And yes, shooting needs to be there in order for him to be a top 5-10 pick, but I still think he will get first round consideration after one year unless he implodes. Can he have a worse season than Skal Labissierre? Different positions, but still.

Reaction Score
Agreed on that class, to an extent. When we have big time talent in our back yard I think it makes sense to go the extra mile to keep them here. We also have 5 schollies so a 3 person class might be a little light.

And yes, shooting needs to be there in order for him to be a top 5-10 pick, but I still think he will get first round consideration after one year unless he implodes. Can he have a worse season than Skal Labissierre? Different positions, but still.

I agree but there's a lot of potentially skilled 6'4 guys not as many long skilled Skal's at that size that would the the difference. Having said that he is amazing at times and if they see a Russell Westbrook with potential to get better shooting you guys are right, they won't wait. So then for sure I would take Beatty - not a big one and done kind guy.

Reaction Score
Diallo didn't get much opportunity to show his guard skills in the u18 tourney, he spent a lot of time on the bench or being a "garbage man". The last game really showed how valuable he is, Shaka had to play him to match the athletic wings on canada (Fultz was actually in foul trouble because of this)... After watching you get the idea he likes to ball in his hands. Definitely gives off some young Westbrook vibes.

I wouldn't worry too much about his shooting , he showed some nice pull ups from the mid range. He's no Kevin huerter but with his athleticism/first step it shouldn't matter.

Reaction Score
Wow he shot 100% from the field in that video. Could be a valuable player

Reaction Score
Are we still after this dude??? We are doing alot of offering to alot of players

Reaction Score
I don't follow this stuff at all anymore. Is there a potential Drummond situation in play with this kid or has he committed to a PG year somewhere?

Reaction Score
I don't follow this stuff at all anymore. Is there a potential Drummond situation in play with this kid or has he committed to a PG year somewhere?

Haven't seen anything on him coming out right away and looks like he's settled on the PG year. You would think being as good as they say he'd think a little like Andre unless academically maybe not prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom