Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 47 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is one thing to dispute a fact. It is a whole other thing to come across as a jerk in doing it. The fruit fan was not spilling any vitriol so I don't understand the tone of the response. It reeked of being butt hurt.

That Cusefan's post is a troll post. Par for the course coming out of Cuse.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Hamidou is coming here, only competition is the league. Aaron Hernandez chose Florida over UConn. That's the basketball equivalent of picking UConn over University of Hartford.

Whatever happened to that guy, anyway?

Reaction Score
It is one thing to dispute a fact. It is a whole other thing to come across as a jerk in doing it. The fruit fan was not spilling any vitriol so I don't understand the tone of the response. It reeked of being butt hurt.
LMAO whatever you say kid

maybe you're just projecting something a little, who knows

Reaction Score
Cuse has 13 games on ESPN family/major television networks
UConn has 12

Hami has much more than a good relationship with the coaches. You might want to clue yourself in to how often he is actually on campus because he is so tight with the players.

The point of my post was to get a bit more clued into Hami's relationship with UConn. No trolling here. Like I said, most of my family are UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Oh and Hami's been to Cuse what, a grand total of 5 times? lol Hami has been here more than 5 times in a single month I bet. Kid obviously doesn't know Hami and his connection to UConn like we do so I was simply bringing him up to speed

You are kind of being a jerk (not getting me up to speed), but its ok.

If you guys get Hami, that's a huge get.

Reaction Score
UConn is on ESPN, ESPN2 and the over-the-air broadcast networks (CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC) quite a bit.

Here are regular season numbers:

2014: 15
2015: 13
2016: At least 11 times, but with win over OSU, 13 times.

Syracuse:
2014: 13
2015: 14
2016: 11

By the end of this regular season, there's a 50% chance (depending on result of the UConn/OSU game) that UConn will have been on the prime sports channels 41 times over the last 3 years. Syracuse? 37 times.

UConn is top 5 in terms of being showcased on the top channels, behind schools like UNC, Kentucky, Duke, and Kansas.

I don't know why this myth persists that UConn isn't shown on TV much, but I do see it on the Syracuse board.

you need quantity and quality. UConn gets decent exposure quantity wise for sure. quality is not bad but nothing crazy. I looked:

UConn - 8 on espn or espn 2 - matchups are Memphis x 2, cinci, smu, temple, Houston, auburn, and cuse, cuse is probably top draw there. UConn has 4 games on espnu.

Syracuse - 9 on espn or espn 2 BUT matchups are duke, lville, unc, UConn, Virginia, gtown, nd, fsu and nc state. 4 games on espnu.

I did not mean to start this, but not hard to see who has the better exposure.

Anyways, we will see where Hami ends up. How is Gilbert looking? I was really hoping Cuse could have landed him.

Reaction Score
you need quantity and quality. UConn gets decent exposure quantity wise for sure. quality is not bad but nothing crazy. I looked:

UConn - 8 on espn or espn 2 - matchups are Memphis x 2, cinci, smu, temple, Houston, auburn, and cuse, cuse is probably top draw there. UConn has 4 games on espnu.

Syracuse - 9 on espn or espn 2 BUT matchups are duke, lville, unc, UConn, Virginia, gtown, nd, fsu and nc state. 4 games on espnu.

Anyways, we will see where Hami ends up. How is Gilbert looking? I was really hoping Cuse could have landed him.
Truth is, Syracuse can play on ESPN 25 times. Still won't change Hami's decision.

Reaction Score

You're confusing exposure and competition here. It doesn't matter if you're playing the Cavs or the Little Sisters of the Poor, if you're on ESPN you're on ESPN, at least as far as the exposure argument is concerned. If you want to talk about the level of competition or the hype behind those particular games, then yes, Cuse, mostly by virtue of its conference, has an edge there.

Gilbert is great, you'll get a good look at him in a few weeks.

Reaction Score

UConn does great with ratings. And you left out the Fox and CBS games.

UConn has had MORE exposure than Cuse in the last few years.

Besides, you initially wrote this: "does not get the big time TV exposure at UConn however for league play."

Get out of here with the trolling.

Reaction Score
The point of my post was to get a bit more clued into Hami's relationship with UConn. No trolling here. Like I said, most of my family are UConn fans.
Hamidou comes on our campus more than 5 times a month, like previously stated. Best friends with Mamdou Diarra, a freshman here. Friends with many other players on the roster.

Reaction Score
Oh exposure... I wonder how Tyler Olander's 2 rings feel on his fingers. Jimmy B probably wouldn't want a second one anyways, gets in the way when you're pickin' a winner in each nostril

Reaction Score
You're confusing exposure and competition here. It doesn't matter if you're playing the Cavs or the Little Sisters of the Poor, if you're on ESPN you're on ESPN, at least as far as the exposure argument is concerned. If you want to talk about the level of competition or the hype behind those particular games, then yes, Cuse, mostly by virtue of its conference, has an edge there.

I cannot wait to see him. Hoping to be there. Loved his game.

Reaction Score
UConn does great with ratings. And you left out the Fox and CBS games.

UConn has had MORE exposure than Cuse in the last few years.

Besides, you initially wrote this: "does not get the big time TV exposure at UConn however for league play."

Get out of here with the trolling.

I left out cuse's fox and cbs games too because I was responding to the post from rock who only mentioned espn. my main point was to get some insight on hami anyways. you can block me if you want, but not a troll.

Reaction Score

respectfully disagree. you are ignoring ratings. but don't want to continue this because you guys feel you have the ins with hami. that's great if you get him. hes a big time player.

Reaction Score
Megan Walker just committed to play for Geno. She & Hamidou follow each other on Twitter.

This probably means exactly nothing. But still.

Stop it you know this means something more than nothing ... nothing to bring to the bank but something to smile about!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Keeps giving and giving ... I didn't see you coming jgeorge322 but you are good for at least ten more pages on this thread.

Reaction Score
The only "source" I have, actually is a legitimate one and she says she has noooooooooooo idea which way this is going to go, but agrees with me that if he doesn't choose UConn it's going to be ugly.

Reaction Score
Keeps giving and giving ... I didn't see you coming jgeorge322 but you are good for at least ten more pages on this thread.

Youre welcome. I know what I walked into. Cant get mad about it. Love talking hoops and would like to learn a bit more about your squad this year so i can talk with the fam. I laugh at the childish responses from upstate and rock. Cannot imagine how they grew up to turn out like that and be so sensitive but thats whay we deal with in today's society. The cloak of anonimity is empowering for the feeble minded. Good luck this year and go cuse.

Reaction Score
there wont be news here for months , posters should get use to it. time to focus on whether one of our current guys like TL or adams can go first round, we got zero mentions from draftexpress in 'prospects to watch' for the season. (they might just waiting to see an improved TL and JA, both are pro level talents imo still).

Reaction Score
Youre welcome. I know what I walked into. Cant get mad about it. Love talking hoops and would like to learn a bit more about your squad this year so i can talk with the fam. I laugh at the childish responses from upstate and rock. Cannot imagine how they grew up to turn out like that and be so sensitive but thats whay we deal with in today's society. The cloak of anonimity is empowering for the feeble minded. Good luck this year and go cuse.

Own your trolling, but trolls never do.

You came here with a quip about how UConn isn't on prime TV much, and when the stat s showed you were wrong, you persisted to knock UConn's TV by moving the goalposts. That's the definition of a troll. By the way, you're the only anonymous one here, I've been here for years, have met Boneyarders in the flesh, and yes, what you wrote about anonymity perfectly fits your posts.

Reaction Score
Own your trolling, but trolls never do.

You came here with a quip about how UConn isn't on prime TV much, and when the stat s showed you were wrong, you persisted to knock UConn's TV by moving the goalposts. That's the definition of a troll. By the way, you're the only anonymous one here, I've been here for years, have met Boneyarders in the flesh, and yes, what you wrote about anonymity perfectly fits your posts.

You seem to lack the power to analyze things well. The fact that you continue to insult me over the internet for no reason is not somehow excused by the fact that you have met other friendly board members in the flesh. I have not been rude or insulting, rather respectful to your program and its fans. If you cannot see the difference, then I am not sure what to say other than I pray you are not older than 30 because only immaturity can excuse your commentary.

You are hanging your hat on a supposed quip, a short line buried in a larger post that was overall complimentary to your program. There was some rational discussion about it following, your rudeness not included. I stand by my comments but it really does not matter. Anyways, not going to respond to your irrationality any longer. Best of luck with your attitude going forward and drinking that half empty glass of milk.

Reaction Score

I expect that part of their reaction would come the fact you're from the Orange board and if indeed you came here to just talk basketball and not troll, you may be the 2nd one to do so form the pitiful bunch if idiots. Also East Coast seems to come with the intention of talking college hoops. You do need to admit the pure speculation of the impact of your TV schedule vs ours isn't required to discuss college hoops though right? I mean let's talk basketball, reciting etc, not how you believe your program is impacted by the fact you're on ESPN and/or CBS more than UConn as that is more of a "troll" than a discussion. By the way only the ACC has allowed you that and congrats on that, nothing else. The mere fact we are in the AAC and still have comparable numbers shows you how much more UConn can impact college basketball in the last 25 years than the Cuse...just saying'.

Now let's talk match up - update us with your team as we look a bit ahead for the December match up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom