Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 46 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a freak.. Can you imagine if he came here, then went one-and-done to the celtics? *Salivates*

Reaction Score
Scout just posted an article saying that Hami doesn't expect to make a decision until the late signing period and probably late in the spring.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he looks at someone like Mudiay and is attracted to what he did and where he is today. Hopefully he goes to college & UConn

That has always been what he's said.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he looks at someone like Mudiay and is attracted to what he did and where he is today. Hopefully he goes to college & UConn

Mudiay was not eligible for College or the NBA, so he played an injury plagued and largely unsuccessful season in China. As a result, his draft stock slipped and he lost out on a tremendous opportunity to build his brand through College Basketball and the NCAA Tournament. I bet Mudiay's marketing deals and jersey sales are significantly less than those of Okafor, Towns, and Russell (CBB stars in his draft class who he would have been competing against for a top spot in the 2015 NBA Draft).

No one has successfully improved their NBA draft stock by spending a year abroad. If he is going to play professionally next year, it will be in the NBA (or the D-league with an NBA 1st round contract).

Reaction Score
The top Spanish league is 10x better than the D-league and he'd make better $$

Can you play in the D-league as an unaffiliated player to a team? Mudiay wasn't going to college even he was a Rhodes Scholar candidate, same with Ayton next year

Mudiay was not eligible for College or the NBA, so he played an injury plagued and largely unsuccessful season in China. As a result, his draft stock slipped and he lost out on a tremendous opportunity to build his brand through College Basketball and the NCAA Tournament. I bet Mudiay's marketing deals and jersey sales are significantly less than those of Okafor, Towns, and Russell (CBB stars in his draft class who he would have been competing against for a top spot in the 2015 NBA Draft).

No one has successfully improved their NBA draft stock by spending a year abroad. If he is going to play professionally next year, it will be in the NBA (or the D-league with an NBA 1st round contract).

Reaction Score
The top Spanish league is 10x better than the D-league and he'd make better $$

Can you play in the D-league as an unaffiliated player to a team? Mudiay wasn't going to college even he was a Rhodes Scholar candidate, same with Ayton next year

You are missing my point. Diallo will probably never play in the D League, but if he did, it would be because he gets drafted in the lottery next year out of prep school, and is sent there by his NBA team to get minutes and gain experience playing professional basketball. Under those circumstances, not only would he be earning a lottery selection pay-check, he would also be starting the clock on eligibility for his second NBA contract. There is no way that he would opt for a season in a European League in favor of that. He goes NBA for the immediate pay-check or College to build brand and get better.

Mudiay was not eligible for the NBA draft when he went overseas. Similarly, Ayton will not be eligible for the NBA draft next year, so he has to choose between College and overseas. Their situations are not comparable to Diallo.

Reaction Score
You are missing my point. Diallo will probably never play in the D League, but if he did, it would be because he gets drafted in the lottery next year out of prep school, and is sent there by his NBA team to get minutes and gain experience playing professional basketball. Under those circumstances, not only would he be earning a lottery selection pay-check, he would also be starting the clock on eligibility for his second NBA contract. There is no way that he would opt for a season in a European League in favor of that. He goes NBA for the immediate pay-check or College to build brand and get better.

Mudiay was not eligible for the NBA draft when he went overseas. Similarly, Ayton will not be eligible for the NBA draft next year, so he has to choose between College and overseas. Their situations are not comparable to Diallo.

I doubt Diallo will be a lottery pick if he goes to NBA directly from prep school. He needs at least a year in college to move up to the lottery. I think most mock drafts have him late first round if he goes directly after prep school.

Reaction Score
Optimistic Syracuse insider on 247 just gave Diallo a Syracuse crystal ball prediction. But I doubt this guy knows anything.

Reaction Score
Optimistic Syracuse insider on 247 just gave Diallo a Syracuse crystal ball prediction. But I doubt this guy knows anything.

Yeah, wouldn't read too much into that. General consensus on the BY seems like UConn or NBA.

Reaction Score
Eric Bossi (I know know) picked Syracuse for Hami, but he admitted he wasn't very confident.

Wonder how much this package talk with Quade is influencing opinion.

Reaction Score
Eric Bossi (I know know) picked Syracuse for Hami, but he admitted he wasn't very confident.

Wonder how much this package talk with Quade is influencing opinion.

I know. C'mon Hami, it's not like we have a shortage of elite point guards for you to play with!

Reaction Score
this is a hard one to read. hami has been to cuse a bunch. word is he is close to quade green. cannot rule cuse out here. UConn is closer to school and he has good relationship with coaches. does not get the big time TV exposure at UConn however for league play.

does anyone have insight on when he will announce? lots of chips falling in the next few weeks.

full disclosure - I am cuse fan and new to board. my father went to UConn. both sides of the family are from Hartford. long time big east fan and tournament attendee. my bro and I rooted for cuse and dad and uncle and his kids rooted for UConn. I know there is a lot of disdain but always respected the program and rooted for UConn when repping the big east in the dance.

Reaction Score
this is a hard one to read. hami has been to cuse a bunch. word is he is close to quade green. cannot rule cuse out here. UConn is closer to school and he has good relationship with coaches. does not get the big time TV exposure at UConn however for league play.

does anyone have insight on when he will announce? lots of chips falling in the next few weeks.

full disclosure - I am cuse fan and new to board. my father went to UConn. both sides of the family are from Hartford. long time big east fan and tournament attendee. my bro and I rooted for cuse and dad and uncle and his kids rooted for UConn. I know there is a lot of disdain but always respected the program and rooted for UConn when repping the big east in the dance.
Cuse has 13 games on ESPN family/major television networks
UConn has 12

Hami has much more than a good relationship with the coaches. You might want to clue yourself in to how often he is actually on campus because he is so tight with the players.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Cuse has 13 games on ESPN family/major television networks
UConn has 12

Hami has much more than a good relationship with the coaches. You might want to clue yourself in to how often he is actually on campus because he is so tight with the players.

Seems like an unnecessarily terse response to a pretty respectful post, no?

Reaction Score
does not get the big time TV exposure at UConn however for league play.

UConn is on ESPN, ESPN2 and the over-the-air broadcast networks (CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC) quite a bit.

Here are regular season numbers:

2014: 15
2015: 13
2016: At least 11 times, but with win over OSU, 13 times.

Syracuse:
2014: 13
2015: 14
2016: 11

By the end of this regular season, there's a 50% chance (depending on result of the UConn/OSU game) that UConn will have been on the prime sports channels 41 times over the last 3 years. Syracuse? 37 times.

UConn is top 5 in terms of being showcased on the top channels, behind schools like UNC, Kentucky, Duke, and Kansas.

I don't know why this myth persists that UConn isn't shown on TV much, but I do see it on the Syracuse board.

Reaction Score
By all means, let us let the myth perpetuated constantly on the Syracuse board persist here as well. That UConn is not shown much on TV.
Oh and Hami's been to Cuse what, a grand total of 5 times? lol Hami has been here more than 5 times in a single month I bet. Kid obviously doesn't know Hami and his connection to UConn like we do so I was simply bringing him up to speed

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
By all means, let us let the myth perpetuated constantly on the Syracuse board persist here as well. That UConn is not shown much on TV.

It is one thing to dispute a fact. It is a whole other thing to come across as a jerk in doing it. The fruit fan was not spilling any vitriol so I don't understand the tone of the response. It reeked of being butt hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom