Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like what? I am not arguing that he isn't impressive, but where is this track record?

Staying in PSA like he said while lots said he would leave, visiting all the schools he said he would, not commiting like he said he wouldn't do... kid does what he says.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
To me, the fact that Diallo is even doing a post-grad year at PSA tells me he is keeping the NBA route an open possibility. It seems like doing the extra prep year post-grad is a common move for the no college to NBA crowd these days, it allows them to stay stateside while possibly not having to be exposed by college level talent where athleticism disparity isn't as staggering as it is in HS. If going to college then going straight to the NBA after one or two years is your plan, which Diallo has tried to make his answers appear, then why even waste a year doing post-grad at PSA.

The only difference between a high school player who just graduated high school and one who graduated a post-grad year at a prep program is that the latter is NBA draft eligible.

Reaction Score
To me, the fact that Diallo is even doing a post-grad year at PSA tells me he is keeping the NBA route an open possibility. It seems like doing the extra prep year post-grad is a common move for the no college to NBA crowd these days

Who actually has done that other than Thon Maker? Not doubting you--I don't pay much attention to recruiting outside UCONN. I can't think of any that were successful the last few years off the top of my head.

Reaction Score
@superjohn hit the nail on its head earlier, the way he is on campus 100% reminds me of Drummond being on campus all the time in 2010-2011, also kuran but we didn't try to sign him. The kid would be a monumental recruit.

@BUConn10 there are dozens of other prep schools with better resources to help him get the NBA next year, PSA is momnpop compared to some of the schools in the grind session or nationally. I'm 100% in the boat that he could easily do prep to pros, I'm just starting to feel like there's no way KO let's him slip out of his hands. Even for one year.

Reaction Score
To me, the fact that Diallo is even doing a post-grad year at PSA tells me he is keeping the NBA route an open possibility.
Seriously how is everyone still overlooking this
@BUConn10 there are dozens of other prep schools with better resources to help him get the NBA next year, PSA is momnpop compared to some of the schools in the grind session or nationally.
What "resources" does he still need to help him get in to the NBA? The premise here is that his decision likely hinges on his projection for the 2018 draft, and assuming he is projected lottery, he'll declare. If you can accept the premise, what will these other prep schools offer Hami? How many draft spots are these schools worth? Because if Hami stays at PSA and can just keep being Hami, barring implosion during team workouts when suddenly faced with other NBA-caliber talent or executing NBA offenses, I wouldn't be shocked if he's projected highly for the 2018 draft. And when your best friends and the UConn MBB nightlife are right down 44, why bother moving somewhere else for a year?

Reaction Score

What "resources" does he still need to help him get in to the NBA? The premise here is that his decision likely hinges on his projection for the 2018 draft, and assuming he is projected lottery, he'll declare. If you can accept the premise, what will these other prep schools offer Hami? How many draft spots are these schools worth? Because if Hami stays at PSA and can just keep being Hami, barring implosion during team workouts when suddenly faced with other NBA-caliber talent or executing NBA offenses, I wouldn't be shocked if he's projected highly for the 2018 draft. And when your best friends and the UConn MBB nightlife are right down 44, why bother moving somewhere else for a year?

Just to clarify his decision is based on his projection in the 2017 draft. He will be in college for a year if he goes in 2018.

Also other schools offer a more elite schedule against better players with Way more visibility than Putnam CT. I don't think PSA is even playing in the top class of NEPSAC (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Jalen Adams moved from Cushing to Brewster so he could get that higher level of play. Deandre Daniels did the same thing.

The resources are top notch coaching, training, etc. because he MUST improve his shot to make a splash in the NBA.

Reaction Score

Well why would others transfer to prolificprep or img academy or BREWSTER for prep years? Diallo is psas first 5 star must see prospect there's no mistaking that, he is going against the grain here IMO.

Reaction Score
Well why would others transfer to prolificprep or img academy or BREWSTER for prep years? Diallo is psas first 5 star must see prospect there's no mistaking that, he is going against the grain here IMO.
Meh I guess he's been over-hyped to me and I think he'll be projected higher than he really would if the draft were tomorrow

Reaction Score
He might have conceded but he still camped out at stm watching andre....i know....i sat next to him and had to listen to his bitching
We're referring to different periods, Drummond never made it back to STM

Reaction Score
Ok, then why not go to college? Like right now like everyone else your age?
Because that's always been his plan. Before he was this huge prospect he made a commitment to psa and he's fulfilling that commitment. He was always 2017.

Reaction Score
Ok, then why not go to college? Like right now like everyone else your age?
He has stressed that he went to PSA because he struggled academically in NY and wanted to become a better student. He felt PSA was a great, quiet place to do that with few distractions (which is also probably why he hasn't transfered to a bigger school). His plan was to do a post grad year at PSA from the very beginning to make sure he was really prepared academically.

Of course he will look into his draft status, but I think people are reading a little too much into him doing a post grad year. Personally, I think he'll go to college.

Reaction Score
He has stressed that he went to PSA because he struggled academically in NY and wanted to become a better student. He felt PSA was a great, quiet place to do that with few distractions (which is also probably why he hasn't transfered to a bigger school). His plan was to do a post grad year at PSA from the very beginning to make sure he was really prepared academically.

Of course he will look into his draft status, but I think people are reading a little too much into him doing a post grad year. Personally, I think he'll go to college.

This certainly a nice narrative, but come on. He wanted to do a post grad because he wasn't very good. He wanted an extra year to develop to try and go to a better college. This has and always will be about basketball. However, his ability grew quicker than anyone thought and he burst on to the national scene after transferring aau teams (hmmmm). So now the post grad year instead of trying to garner D 1 offers will be used to see where he can fit in the nba draft. Absolutely he can still go to college and probably will, but he isn't at PSA for academics.

Reaction Score
This certainly a nice narrative, but come on. He wanted to do a post grad because he wasn't very good. He wanted an extra year to develop to try and go to a better college. This has and always will be about basketball. However, his ability grew quicker than anyone thought and he burst on to the national scene after transferring aau teams (hmmmm). So now the post grad year instead of trying to garner D 1 offers will be used to see where he can fit in the nba draft. Absolutely he can still go to college and probably will, but he isn't at PSA for academics.
you bumped this thread to purport absolute horseshit? did you miss him summer 2015 at adidas nations? or curry camp? he could have committed to a number of elite programs LAST SUMMER.

Reaction Score
So you know this for a fact or are you speculating like the rest of us?

Reaction Score
you bumped this thread to purport absolute horseshit? did you miss him summer 2015 at adidas nations? or curry camp? he could have committed to a number of elite programs LAST SUMMER.

That's exactly my point. He decided to do a post grad year HIS FRESHMEN YEAR (because you like caps) he didn't expect that much interest before his post grad year.

Hooper, this is the sentiment of several coaches and writers.

Reaction Score
That's exactly my point. He decided to do a post grad year HIS FRESHMEN YEAR (because you like caps) he didn't expect that much interest before his post grad year.

i just take umbrage with you saying he burst onto the scene after playing the ny rens, he was already on the scene.

Reaction Score

How does this address what James wrote? He wrote he had big time offers well before he decided to return to PSA. He could have made the decision at any time. Heck, never mind last summer, he could have made that decision THIS summer.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Nothing more obnoxious than a poster taking a crap on someone for stating an opinion only to spew their own worse crappy speculation.

Simple fact it, no one knows anything with HD. So we have to take him at his word for now -- the kid said he wants to go to college. So until we have a concrete decision, try not to be such a d!k

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So, the decision he made as freshman to go to PSA was binding?

Reaction Score
They even visit for exhibition games? lol
Maybe because it's a UConn/New Haven game. So Hami there for UConn, some other guys who aren't quite as good to see New Haven. Just a guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom