Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I way off base thinking that a lot of these guys are dragging it out in order to build their "brand?" This is some kind of self-deception built in to the the system.

I don't understand why any high school athlete would not take an official before their high school season unless they know exactly where they are going. No matter how much people stalk twitter or snapchat, No one knows anything about Hamis recruitment. All he is said is that he is wide open, and he said for sure college, but recently said he would look into the professional route.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I don't understand why any high school athlete would not take an official before their high school season unless they know exactly where they are going. No matter how much people stalk twitter or snapchat, No one knows anything about Hamis recruitment. All he is said is that he is wide open, and he said for sure college, but recently said he would look into the professional route.
watch what people do, not so much what they say. Or don't say.

Reaction Score
No, actually some people do know about his recruitment.

Reaction Score
How is that Ikey visit coming?

I know you follow Eric Ayala on snapchat so you know all. Sigh.

I do appreciate all those retweets though. Keep up the hard work!

Cgarr is one of the most vital people to follow for recruiting news, videos, etc. You post good stuff, too. I don't know where this passive aggressive back and forth started but it's really lame and adds nothing.

Reaction Score
Cgarr is one of the most vital people to follow for recruiting news, videos, etc. You post good stuff, too. I don't know where this passive aggressive back and forth started but it's really lame and adds nothing.

Completely agree. I was over it until he took the shot.

Superjohn. Well yes people know about his recruitment. But all 247, tos, Espn all admit that they have little idea about where he will end up.

Reaction Score

He regularly has good info...

Reaction Score
Last time i was on this thread it was 12 pages
The thread was lost on page 8 with this little proclamation. What a shock regarding the culprit (although I'm not proud of my contribution to the derailing response)
Good news will be coming soon
So here we are 10 weeks later, what good news pertaining to Hamidou Diallo did you allegedly know about? We all must have missed it.

C

Chief00

The thread was lost on page 8 with this little proclamation. What a shock regarding the culprit (although I'm not proud of my contribution to the derailing response)

So here we are 10 weeks later, what good news pertaining to Hamidou Diallo did you allegedly know about? We all must have missed it.
Please focus - picking UConn over UK for First Night is a hint

C

Chief00

Chief, are you worried about Hami skipping college?

That I think is UConn's biggest risk - although he said otherwise until recently.

I still think he goes to college. I think he needs two years to improve shooting before going to The League - but of course there will be pressure after a year. I hope he listens to Coach KO and JC.

Reaction Score
That I think is UConn's biggest risk - although he said otherwise until recently.

I still think he goes to college. I think he needs two years to improve shooting before going to The League - but of course there will be pressure after a year. I hope he listens to Coach KO and JC.

Jimmy C is someone he talks to also? A mentor of sorts.

Reaction Score
hamidou is not spending two years in school, and there is a serious risk he doesn't spend any years here. Look at this recently published 2018 mock from dx - DraftExpress: Mock Draft . From that I surmise he would certainly have a shot at a top 30 selection in 2017, pretty much something i believed in before givony published that.

Reaction Score
hamidou is not spending two years in school, and there is a serious risk he doesn't spend any years here. Look at this recently published 2018 mock from dx - DraftExpress: Mock Draft . From that I surmise he would certainly have a shot at a top 30 selection in 2017, pretty much something i believed in before givony published that.
Why is it when the occasional top 30 projected draftee stays in school at another university, people are quick to rationalize why he would do so but everyone here is so quick to assume that one of our kids in the same position should automatically leave? If playing at UConn sucks that bad, why are any of us fans of this team?

Reaction Score
Just to throw it out there, if we have a great start, any reason he couldn't enroll for the spring semester and start playing after we beat Syracuse?

Reaction Score
Just to throw it out there, if we have a great start, any reason he couldn't enroll for the spring semester and start playing after we beat Syracuse?

No scholarships left for this season.

C

Chief00

I have not heard anything along those lines. At PSA he is part of a team and they will want to keep the team intact throughout the season and UConn respects that.

Reaction Score
Why is it when the occasional top 30 projected draftee stays in school at another university, people are quick to rationalize why he would do so but everyone here is so quick to assume that one of our kids in the same position should automatically leave? If playing at UConn sucks that bad, why are any of us fans of this team?

Nobody is rationalizing anything. Determining whether to declare for the draft or return to school is a tough decision, and there are positives and negatives to each decision. To the extent that you hear about other kids returning to school being a commendable choice is probably because it has already happened and as such it makes sense to accentuate the benefits of returning, i.e. the phenomenon you speak of does not exist.

I know there is a tendency to reduce everything to black-and-white but it is possible that there is no universal guidepost to making a decision like this and that it is unique to each persons character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom