Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Sorry if u already posted on it, but ur guy thinks he's ours?
there's about 20+ people in this thread who claim they know for an absolute fact that he is coming here... a few do know people but the rest are just saying it because they want him here or think they know anything about his recruitment... that being said he does spend a ton of time with the team and like cardiac said it be weird if he didnt come here... who knows, maybe he's the greatest troll

Reaction Score
By the way based on some of the guys snapchats it looks like Hami stayed the night and they went to an absolute BANGER

Reaction Score
By the way based on some of the guys snapchats it looks like Hami stayed the night and they went to an absolute BANGER
The kid just seems to be so close with the guys on this team, I personally would be surprised if he went to another school

Reaction Score
Does he ever play/shoot with the team or just come to campus to watch practice and then hang out? I guess it's one thing to become friendly with guys on the team, but another to actually be playing some pick up with them.

Reaction Score
Does he ever play/shoot with the team or just come to campus to watch practice and then hang out? I guess it's one thing to become friendly with guys on the team, but another to actually be playing some pick up with them.
I'm pretty sure they play pick up together once in a while. It wouldn't be made known unless one of the player posts on social media.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Hamidou, Jalen, Vance, Juwan, Christian, Alterique and Mamadou were at quite the party last night. Those were the only ones I saw but they we're getting at it, and Hamidou looked to be having a great time.

Reaction Score
Obviously, it's a HUGE recruiting advantage having Hami on campus so much, having his best friend here, and the fact that Hami has also become friends with a lot of the players. I'm sure he's pretty comfortable on campus by now, and he's pretty close to home too. We have a lot working in our favor. I think we have a very strong chance of landing him (just my opinion, no inside info).

One thing people should remember though; Hami goes to high school in the middle of nowhere with like 36 students. His best friend plays ball at UConn. Would you, A) sit around Putnam Science Academy on the weekends doing nothing. Or B) go stay with your best friend at UConn for the weekend, go to parties, get lots of attention from girls, and be a big man on campus? My point being, I wouldn't read TOO MUCH into him being here so much, I think most kids would do the same thing in his situation.

Reaction Score
One thing people should remember though; Hami goes to high school in the middle of nowhere with like 36 students. His best friend plays ball at UConn. Would you, A) sit around Putnam Science Academy on the weekends doing nothing. Or B) go stay with your best friend at UConn for the weekend, go to parties, get lots of attention from girls, and be a big man on campus? My point being, I wouldn't read TOO MUCH into him being here so much, I think most kids would do the same thing in his situation.
Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing a few days ago. Him being on campus so much doesn't automatically mean that he thinks UConn is the best place for his basketball career.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
lol Syracuse says if he goes to college he is going to cuse. They feel their only competition is the NBA.

In reality UConns only competition is the NBA and an outside Kentucky shot.

Reaction Score
Hamidou, Jalen, Vance, Juwan, Christian, Alterique and Mamadou were at quite the party last night. Those were the only ones I saw but they we're getting at it, and Hamidou looked to be having a great time.

Any hookers and blow?

Reaction Score
Most posters on the Kentucky forum believe Hami is NBA bound, but if he does go to college then he is a Husky.

Agree, I think one of the scariest factors is Cal cooling off of Hami lately and looking at other options. If he thought he was going to school, I think UK would be in it till the end.

Sure maybe he thinks there is no way that Hami doesn't go to UConn, but this has been a weird recruitment with Hami saying he is wide open and has not taken a single official.

Reaction Score
Most posters on the Kentucky forum believe Hami is NBA bound, but if he does go to college then he is a Husky.

And not one of these people even claims a source. They just can't imagine a player would choose UConn over UK. We will see.

Reaction Score
Agree, I think one of the scariest factors is Cal cooling off of Hami lately and looking at other options. If he thought he was going to school, I think UK would be in it till the end.

Sure maybe he thinks there is no way that Hami doesn't go to UConn, but this has been a weird recruitment with Hami saying he is wide open and has not taken a single official.
Zero evidence Calipari is "cooling off of Hami." He's been to PSA more than any other head coach besides Ollie. The sudden recruitment of Alexander just means he's not confident in his ability to land his top SG targets. If anything, not going to UK's Midnight Madness suggests Hami is cooling off of UK.

Buuuut I know you pay Bossi to give you top secret info. So you know all.

N

NotBlueOlliewood

And not one of these people even claims a source. They just can't imagine a player would choose UConn over UK. We will see.

It's the same with Cuse and the media, as UConn is not a program that was loaded with All-Americans. It is a cycle Ollie needs to break, and it starts with Diallo. Once the "KO paid so and so to come to UConn", you know we're landing elite kids. They think it's impossible for him to come to UConn, which is why it's either NBA, UK, Cuse or Arizona.

CGarr is right, the notion that he's not recruiting Diallo heavy anymore is false. He's the only coach that could challenge Ollie and Miller for whose recruiting HD the hardest, and he's Cal. Cal doesn't have to recruit hard to land a kid. Petty, Walker, and Hami are his top SG's, and he's doing his due diligence. Petty could choose Bama and Walker is looking like Nova or Cuse. Alexander is Plan D.

Reaction Score
Zero evidence Calipari is "cooling off of Hami." He's been to PSA more than any other head coach besides Ollie. The sudden recruitment of Alexander just means he's not confident in his ability to land his top SG targets. If anything, not going to UK's Midnight Madness suggests Hami is cooling off of UK.

Buuuut I know you pay Bossi to give you top secret info. So you know all.

How is that Ikey visit coming?

I know you follow Eric Ayala on snapchat so you know all. Sigh.

I do appreciate all those retweets though. Keep up the hard work!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Am I way off base thinking that a lot of these guys are dragging it out in order to build their "brand?" This is some kind of self-deception built in to the the system.

Reaction Score
Am I way off base thinking that a lot of these guys are dragging it out in order to build their "brand?" This is some kind of self-deception built in to the the system.

In the age of social media it's definitely about hype and brand. Diallo is still getting talked about all the time - if he committed somewhere last year his name would be out of the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom