Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 112 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And to be clear I'm not attacking hami. As he hasn't even announced his decision yet. Just wish it was handled better. I believe he's a good kid

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
This is getting more and more pessimistic as the hours go by lol nothing has happened yet, right?...I wouldn't want any of you downers on my basketball team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If all of the rumors about a silent verbal are true, then you're right, it doesn't reflect well on Diallo.

But KO is the adult getting millions of dollars to make the best decisions for his program. If this dude is on your campus, hanging with the team, and going to games all the time but won't publicly commit to UConn, then it's pretty evident he isn't really committed to going there.

Certainly not to the point where you should be steering talented players in the opposite direction.
So you're the reporter that kept needling JC about Ryan Gomes.

Reaction Score
Is borges just guessing at this point? the guy is off the mark so much, he might as well stick to strictly beat writing like amore does.

Reaction Score
This is getting more and more pessimistic as the hours go by lol nothing has happened yet, right?...I wouldn't want any of you downers on my basketball team.

We've been down this road too many times to be optimistic right now. Especially while the Big 12 expansion wounds are still fresh.

Reaction Score
I get your point. I guess what I'm referring to is the amount of time he has spent on campus, taken tickets from the team to go to games, and then apparently even giving a verbal commitment. To me, it really does seem like he led UConn down the primrose path, but that said, only the guys on the inside truly know what happened.
Like I said, if he did in fact give a silent verbal that's a completely different situation. In that case he at least should tell KO. But to be fair, he hasn't committed anywhere without telling KO yet

Reaction Score
There is a flier for a hoops event this weekend that states Diallo is indeed playing for PSA, was retweeted by PSA twitter. Wonder where all this 'decision today' intel came from?

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
It would be nice to at least hear an announcement time...my back side is getting sore from being on the edge of my seat.

H

huskymagic

This is a big recruitment guys lets not kid ourselves. With our conference situation, Ollie not having the team playing at a high level, NBA stock declining other than Drummond, Kemba, Rudy, Lamb, and Napier, losing out to Kentucky at the last second when we have gone all out for HAMI would not be a positive sign anyway you look at this. The landscape is changing in college basketball with recruiting and conferences and allegiances. We need to change as well if we want to stay on top. He's either using Kentucky and Calipari for the hype and publicity it gives him or he has played us and Ollie badly knowing all along he wanted Kentucky but wasnt sure he needed to go the college route until the Draftexpress report came out that scouts wern't impressed with him and recommended he go to college. Give HAMI credit he has played the recruiting process brilliantly to his advantage in every possible way. He needs to follow Drummond's and Kemba's example and come home.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!

Reaction Score
We lost out on Selby, Joseph and Knight and thought we were screwed....then came this kid named Bazz...

I want kids who want to be here and play for the name on the front...that's it.

Yeah, except Beatty was our next Bazz...

Reaction Score
We have a terrible team at the worst time and HD sees this. Lack of guard development with Purvis and crappy conference actually perfectly combined into a witches brew that made it relatively easy for Calzone outrecruit UCONN.

UCONN not in a good place right now and perception is down a lot.

Results since the National Championship have been quite bad lately.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Maybe Diallo's announcement this afternoon is delayed because the wifi on the UConn charter plane to Memphis is not working?!;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn can go get a David Beatty any day of the week. And we don't really need another not-really-a-point-guard with an iffy outside shot - we have that covered in spades.

If we get Diallo, we get Diallo. He wouldn't make a difference this season and I'm not going to lose sleep over a one-and-done.

Not buying the 'silent verbal' nonsense. It's been beyond clear that he was not committed to attending UConn (or anyone else) to this point.

Reaction Score
No. But I do know what it means to give your word and keep it..

This "give your word" stuff is just hurt feelings. And implying you would do things differently is meaningless because you'll never be in a comparable situation.

Reaction Score
This "give your word" stuff is just hurt feelings. And implying you would do things differently is meaningless because you'll never be in a comparable situation.
Could be. But not my words. Just what I heard

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
UConn can go get a David Beatty any day of the week. And we don't really need another not-really-a-point-guard with an iffy outside shot - we have that covered in spades.

If we get Diallo, we get Diallo. He wouldn't make a difference this season and I'm not going to lose sleep over a one-and-done.

Not buying the 'silent verbal' nonsense. It's been beyond clear that he was not committed to attending UConn (or anyone else) to this point.
agreed... people here are acting like not getting diallo is the downfall of this program, we get him great if not it says nothing about ollie... we've had several consecutive years of top rated classes... what we need are some talented bigs to come in a play and a shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom