Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 110 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eh if he can turn his back on the team that basically became his family it's probably a good thing he'd choose UK. I'd love to watch him play for UConn but if he thinks it's best he goes to UK I won't lose sleep over it and I'll continue to love watching our boys play!

Reaction Score
pyFY72V.gif

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Was it Borges who said KO was "quite bubbly" after the Diallo visit last week? I am guessing no one asked, "Hey Kev...why so bubbly?"

So here we are wondering exactly why he was "quite bubbly". Perhaps now he is "quite distraught"?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Eh if he can turn his back on the team that basically became his family it's probably a good thing he'd choose UK. I'd love to watch him play for UConn but if he thinks it's best he goes to UK I won't lose sleep over it and I'll continue to love watching our boys play!
That is so incredibly sweet.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Problem is I'm pretty sure Oz gets his info from Ollie himself. So if you're saying Ollie was blindsided here...

Yeah and Oz also says he hasn't heard anything recently. So not looking good.

Reaction Score
Maybe UK has better Jalapeno Mac n Cheese? Or actually just has Jalapeno Mac n Cheese.

Reaction Score
Considering the overreactions to meaningless losses this season, I can't even begin to imagine what it'll be like if he goes to UK. But I won't believe it until the words come out of his own mouth, it's pretty clear nobody else knows anything

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Also, the team JUST took off for Memphis. So if the news drops in the next few hours, the staff probably won't know/can't contact Diallo.

Reaction Score
Considering the overreactions to meaningless losses this season, I can't even begin to imagine what it'll be like if he goes to UK. But I won't believe it until the words come out of his own mouth, it's pretty clear nobody else knows anything
Think the ship has sailed....at this point, it will be surprising if he doesn't go to UK. Personally, I'm over it already. Wasn't gonna change the disaster that is this season and assuming we're injury-free next season, don't think it's that big of a deal we won't have him. I feel like he's jerked UConn around for over a year now.

H

huskymagic

Diallo would be making a dumb decision as Quade Green and Shai Alexander are not anything special as guards next year. Kentucky will have an average team if they miss on Bamba. Why not play with Jalen, Rique, and MAL. As soon as Calipari came up for a home visit, Ollie should have done the same or spoken with the Diallo family. Ollie and UCONN have been played like a fiddle, like Boeheim and the Cuse were by Calipari. HAMI not committing still despite the love we have shown him does not make me optimistic right now.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS

Reaction Score
Think the ship has sailed....at this point, it will be surprising if he doesn't go to UK. Personally, I'm over it already. Wasn't gonna change the disaster that is this season and assuming we're injury-free next season, don't think it's that big of a deal we won't have him. I feel like he's jerked UConn around for over a year now.
This is the one thing I'll disagree on, because I agree with most of it. He doesn't owe us or the team or KO anything, no matter how much time we put in. He took his time with making his decision and ultimately it didn't benefit us

If he does choose UK I can't imagine what the reaction will be when he still goes to UConn for a weekend to visit his friends

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I am sick of this whole soap opera
He's not the next LeBron, Kevin D or Kyrie - not even Isiah T (Celtics)
He can go to Kensucky or go to the pros or head to Europe
At this point I could give a crap and if he came to UConn he would probably tear an ACL or break a leg in the first game/practice
August - do you really think this kid is even going to pretend to be a student? But I agree that the writing was becoming clearer when he didn't commit after the Kensucky visit
I feel for KO
NEXT........
He is a terrific athlete but we need a 2/3 who can shoot. Diallo isn't that guy. I'm thinking that this may not be a huge loss for us if it is a loss. Has he said anything directly?

Reaction Score
I was excited when he might sign and play against Auburn but since we lost 2 more times. The season is over. He won't change that. We have way to many flaws that a slasher can change this season. I can't see him not entering the draft this year even if he goes to Kentucky to practice. I'm more worried our front court next year.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
This is the one thing I'll disagree on, because I agree with most of it. He doesn't owe us or the team or KO anything, no matter how much time we put in. He took his time with making his decision and ultimately it didn't benefit us

If he does choose UK I can't imagine what the reaction will be when he still goes to UConn for a weekend to visit his friends
It's not the fact that he owes us anything....except that hes basically lived on campus and partied with the team, and used the facilities. Least he could have done was not blindside us...while the team is on a plane...

Reaction Score

At first I would have agreed with you but then I heard about he and the staff discussing classes and jersey numbers during the official visit. No idea who initiated that or how serious he was in the discussion, or how serious the discussion was in general, but that really seems like a blue-ball thing to do

Reaction Score
It's not the fact that he owes us anything....except that hes basically lived on campus and partied with the team, and used the facilities. Least he could have done was not blindside us...while the team is on a plane...
Maybe I'm in the minority on this subject, but I just don't care about all that. He has friends at UConn and it's close by, if I was in his situation I'd be at UConn every weekend too

Reaction Score
At first I would have agreed with you but then I heard about he and the staff discussing classes and jersey numbers during the official visit. No idea who initiated that or how serious he was in the discussion, or how serious the discussion was in general, but that really seems like a blue-ball thing to do
I'm with you on that point, if that is true that would change it a little bit. No idea how much truth there is to that, but if he was discussing classes and jersey numbers that's different than leading us on. That's like walking in with a LOI unsigned and going to the bathroom, only getting on a plane to UK instead

Reaction Score
He is a terrific athlete but we need a 2/3 who can shoot. Diallo isn't that guy. I'm thinking that this may not be a huge loss for us if it is a loss. Has he said anything directly?
I honestly think he's a bigger loss for us rep-wise down the road, because I'm pretty sure he'll be an NBA player. We need to start replenishing our stock there, and having a lot of NBA players is a good way to recruit future NBA players (see UK!).

And I think he'd be a big help this year with his defense, rebounding and finishing at the rim. But I do agree with your general point -- he's not a perfect fit for us. We're in desperate need of a shooter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe UK has better Jalapeno Mac n Cheese? Or actually just has Jalapeno Mac n Cheese.

As with the other Kentucky school...they certainly would have more access to hookers and other incentives.

Reaction Score

I'd agree if he hadn't given a silent commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32