Half Time | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Half Time

Reaction Score
The Chiefs saved some plays for the 2nd half used formations the Eagles never saw on film.
You would have thought the Eagles would have been prepared for the second time the play was run on the other side.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You would have thought the Eagles would have been prepared for the second time the play was run on the other side.

Plays like that are almost impossible to defend if executed correctly. If a super fast receiver is motioning at the snap of the ball and it's man coverage, how is the CB going to get across the field in time to cover a speed out route? If you only need 2 or 3 yards it's basically unstoppable against man. To that point, the corner has to commit to running full speed to try to keep up, and by the time he sees the receiver stop and reverse field there's not really anything that can be done.

Reaction Score
I saw her when she was a guest on the Letterman show on Netflix. Whether or not one likes her music or message, no denying she's got true musical talent.
I'm denying it. That was not a concert, it was an auto-tuned cry for attention.

When did an entire generation of music fans become tone deaf?

Reaction Score
No one is saying it sucked. It was just kind of there.

This isn't a generational thing. I will be the first to say that the Who were one of the worst halftime shows of the last 30 years, followed closely by Petty, McCartney and the Rolling Sones. Actually, McCartney's was probably the worst of that group. All of those geezer bands completely mailed it in. And for a bunch of family friendly acts that were in response to the Timberlake/Jackson incident, why did Tom Petty's set start with a giant phallic lit up guitar inserting itself into his stage? I will leave Bruce out of that group. Springsteen always puts on a great show, but his set choice was "meh".

The ranking of Super Bowl halftime shows that I can remember:

1) Prince - if you disagree, you are simply wrong and should stop posting about popular culture, or anything else. I just rewatched it. Did he play that show in the rain?
2) U2
3) Bruno Mars - I didn't even know this guy that well at the time, but he put on an awesome show
4) Madonna
5) Lady Gaga
6) Dre and Eminem - It says something about how mediocre the Super Bowl halftime shows have been that last year's by the numbers performance may be the 6th best show of all time.
7) Black Eyed Peas - I don't get why there is so much hate these days against the Blackeyed Peas. I feel like the backlash against the Black Eyed peas will be a lot like the anti-Bee Gees backlash was in the 80's. It will pass and people will remember how original and influential the band was.

Throw the rest in a hat and pick away. They can go in any order you want.

Dude, the best halftime show ever is MJ in 1993. Put aside any slander on his character and I agree that the first song sucks. But this 1993 performance is great.

It's so great you have to click on the youtube link to see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom