Half Time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Half Time

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Nah. More about taste. I'm up there in years, but would've been good with Florence and the Machine or Death Cab for Cutie. Hell, Lizzo would've been more entertaining.
Did you hear Lizzo playing the glass flute at the Smithsonian? Girls got talent

Reaction Score
When you are a Giants fan rooting for Philly you must realize I am in crisis mode and a lot of alcohol is involved. Intervention ?
Why would a Giants fan root for Philly or Dallas for that matter? It’s like Yankee or Red Sox fans rooting for their hated rivals. Not gonna happen. I don’t buy in to the “NFC East” so we root for them mentality. F’em.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I used the time to go downstairs and bake off some nachos with Buffalo dip.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Why would a Giants fan root for Philly or Dallas for that matter? It’s like Yankee or Red Sox fans rooting for their hated rivals. Not gonna happen. I don’t buy in to the “NFC East” so we root for them mentality. F’em.

A ton of people were rooting for Philly, even New Yorkers. It's so bizarre, their fans are so obnoxious. Don't understand the love for them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anyone with an understanding of any branch of military service should get this.

IMG_20230212_224019.jpg

Reaction Score
Lots of "old man yells at cloud" energy in this thread.

The halftime show isn't for us, it's to get kids to watch.
Well it used to be for us old folks when we were somewhat younger. Aerosmith, U2, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, etc. Then somewhere along the line we aged out of the preferred demographic for purchases and now we get this stuff. Oh well, we just aren't relative any more. :)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Did you hear Lizzo playing the glass flute at the Smithsonian? Girls got talent
I saw her when she was a guest on the Letterman show on Netflix. Whether or not one likes her music or message, no denying she's got true musical talent.

Hahaha...a "Death Cab for Cutie" Superbowl show
Yeah, probably too boring of a spectacle. However, a Gorillaz holographic performance combined with a Blur reunion to do Song #2 would be right in the same age demographic as Rhianna.

Too bad OK Go isn't a thing anymore. I'm sure they would've come up with something super complex and weird if they were the halftime act. Or a Sigur Ros singalong :p

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
A ton of people were rooting for Philly, even New Yorkers. It's so bizarre, their fans are so obnoxious. Don't understand the love for them.
Its the tomahawk chop thing that is obnoxious. But you are right their fans are insufferable right behind Jets fans

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Dunno, I like Hurts and my Grandson picked them (he is a Pats fan). It was a good game though

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
No it’s not! Most kids don’t know Rianna either
You sure about that? My 5th grade daughter watched with our family friends kids (5th/2nd grade). They loved it. Guaranteed major topic of conversation in elementary school tomorrow.

Also, kids today are exposed to lots of older music/TV/commercials due to YouTube and memes. I couldn’t believe my son knew the old nestle crunch song, then he told me about the meme and I chuckled.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You sure about that? My 5th grade daughter watched with our family friends kids (5th/2nd grade). They loved it. Guaranteed major topic of conversation in elementary school tomorrow.

Also, kids today are exposed to lots of older music/TV/commercials due to YouTube and memes. I couldn’t believe my son knew the old nestle crunch song, then he told me about the meme and I chuckled.
I may have too small a sample size!! Two 6th grade boys and 8th grade girl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom