Good new Flagg article | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Good new Flagg article

Reaction Score
We were great and knocking on the door almost a decade until then but THIS was the exact moment that UConn became UConn! Before the tip. Khalid. And then getting it done. There is no Kemba, Mek, Napier, without Khalid setting this attitude for our program. It's carried through the program through 3 coaches and today. Thanks Kid for setting our identity.
Calhoun has always said that he thinks the 94 team was one of his best. I always thought one of Khalid’s greatest moments was jawing with the student section at Pittsburgh. Didn’t he get up on a table or something?

Reaction Score
It's funny how while watching this I can remember it vividly. I always disliked Pitt fans & they were down right cruel to Khalid
I also remember the Stanford fans showed no class when we played them at Stanford in a national televised game. It’s pretty clear that that kind of stuff fueled KAM.

Reaction Score
If you have ESPN+ he’s playing right now in the HS showcase. Jeez this kid is good
The game is still on ESPN+, look for High School Basketball FL Eagles vs Bishop O’Connell. The FL Eagles play again tonight live at 9:15pm

Reaction Score
IMG_2317.gif

Reaction Score
Hardly looks like a game where the kids were really competing, but I love the shot fake into a dish to the rim runner. Feels like that play is missed 90% of the time in college ball.
I don’t know about tonight’s game but last night’s game, between both teams, had 6 or 7 five star kids.

Reaction Score
I don’t know about tonight’s game but last night’s game, between both teams, had 6 or 7 five star kids.

I know. They also were playing at about 40% speed. I wouldn't try to gleen too much from it. We already know Flagg is a #1 talent

Reaction Score
I’ll toss a little brain teaser out there. If Flagg went to University of Maine, and the rest of their roster remained the same, how far do you think they could go?

I’m saying Sweet 16.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, until Calhoun pulled him off the table.

You have to know the backstory for all of this. Pit fans were absolutely horrible sharing racial epithets at Khalid and calling him a deadbeat dad. They rode him unmercifully. I always wondered what he said up there until Russ Steinberg at a video watch thing with KEA said I know you can't repeat what you said, but ... and KEA says "oh I'll tell you, I said eph you, eph you and eph you, and eph your raggedy ass gym too!"

That's probably my second favorite husky quote after Shabazz's "this is what happens when you ban us" national championship MVP speech.

Reaction Score

"It was great. I had a really good time out there," Flagg said of his time at UConn. "I got to see the coaching-style through practice and stuff. I had a really good time, I got to hang out with the players a lot. All around it was a great time."

"Their pitch to me is that it's just a winning school and a winning culture," said Flagg. "No matter how good they may think I am or how good people think I am, coach Hurley is going to push me no matter what and help me get to the next level."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

"It was great. I had a really good time out there," Flagg said of his time at UConn. "I got to see the coaching-style through practice and stuff. I had a really good time, I got to hang out with the players a lot. All around it was a great time."

"Their pitch to me is that it's just a winning school and a winning culture," said Flagg. "No matter how good they may think I am or how good people think I am, coach Hurley is going to push me no matter what and help me get to the next level."

"I have a great relationship especially with coach Hurley and coach [Luke] Murray," he said. "I stay in touch with them a lot and I really like both of them." :D

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Finally some pertinent comments straight from Flagg. It sounds like we got a shot.

Reaction Score
The longer he takes to make a decision the better our chances become. I feel like there’s a chance he gets swept up in the emotion of his childhood dream and his buddies already on Duke’s team get in his ear about committing. If there is a seed of doubt after watching duke practice and comparing it to Hurley’s, I think it gets interesting. All we can do is wait. I do like his comments at the end of the article saying he’s going to take his time. I’ve read a bunch he was going to immediately make a decision after this weekend which wouldn’t have been great in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom