Good new Flagg article | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Good new Flagg article

Reaction Score
Sometimes kids want to do the unexpected because they're well, kids. Not get in line, be sheep. Shock the establishment. Could be a factor.

Reaction Score
Was at the Rice/UConn game this past weekend. There was a random Duke alum there (his wife is a Rice alum). Told me that while Duke fans are "cautiously optimistic" about Flagg, having UConn be this close scares them poop-less (a certain word gets filtered out on this board). They won't start to feel good about Flagg till he's on campus. Thinks they'll be able to seal the deal there.

I asked if he rather face North Carolina or UConn in March. He said, "First of all, NCAA should do a lifetime ban on that school." And he doesn't like that UConn gains "power-ups" in March.

Dunno if he was just being nice since we were having a friendly convo, but he added this unprompted. He thinks it's crazy that people don't consider UConn a blue blood. Most of his friends don't even care about Indiana or UCLA.

Reaction Score
Was at the Rice/UConn game this past weekend. There was a random Duke alum there (his wife is a Rice alum). Told me that while Duke fans are "cautiously optimistic" about Flagg, having UConn be this close scares them poop-less (a certain word gets filtered out on this board). They won't start to feel good about Flagg till he's on campus. Thinks they'll be able to seal the deal there.

I asked if he rather face North Carolina or UConn in March. He said, "First of all, NCAA should do a lifetime ban on that school." And he doesn't like that UConn gains "power-ups" in March.

Dunno if he was just being nice since we were having a friendly convo, but he added this unprompted. He thinks it's crazy that people don't consider UConn a blue blood. Most of his friends don't even care about Indiana or UCLA.
Yep. We think Duke hates us 24/7...just not the case outside of Duke fans living in New England. Many Duke fans are super high on UConn as a program. To your point, they want to avoid us at all costs in March...but that's not a much different sentiment from other fan bases across the country.

Reaction Score

What people? We have 5 freakin' titles same as them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ha ha, th the power up thing is a great line. It's funny because it's true.

And yes North Carolina should be banned. So should Kansas, and of course Louisville. I did add a certain Canadian school, but they've effectively banned themselves from the postseason.

caw

Reaction Score
What people? We have 5 freakin' titles same as them.

Blue blood has no set definition which makes the discussion convoluted at best.

Some take it as having the most titles. Some as having sustained success. Some as being one of the creators of the game. Some as being great since people were watching TV in black and white. And there are more definitions people use.

I've heard people rattle off lists which include programs as inconsequential as Gonzaga and Cuse. And others who only include "the big four" UCLA, UK, KU and UNC (yes they dropped IU because they wear red, not kidding about these people).

Reaction Score
WHEN Cooper Flagg commits to UConn i will treat first 10 people who like my comment to a meal at Thai Palace in bloomfield

Did you just say “when”, not “if”?
That’s it. I’m taking you out to a meal, you name the place.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Was walking through a Walmart in Richmond, Virginia wearing one of my numerous UConn National Championship shirts and this old guy comes up to me and goes "BOOO CALHOUN BOOOO" and we proceeded to talk about UConn basketball and Duke Basketball (he was a Duke fan).
Guy was probably about 80 years old and saying things like "I think ya'll are getting Coop". Couldn't believe an 80ish year old guy would know anything about who Cooper Flagg lol. Ended the conversation by telling me Hurley is the best coach in the Country and God Bless. There are some decent Duke fans out there I guess....

Reaction Score
Was walking through a Walmart in Richmond, Virginia wearing one of my numerous UConn National Championship shirts and this old guy comes up to me and goes "BOOO CALHOUN BOOOO" and we proceeded to talk about UConn basketball and Duke Basketball (he was a Duke fan).
Guy was probably about 80 years old and saying things like "I think ya'll are getting Coop". Couldn't believe an 80ish year old guy would know anything about who Cooper Flagg lol. Ended the conversation by telling me Hurley is the best coach in the Country and God Bless. There are some decent Duke fans out there I guess....
Was it this guy? If so I like our chances

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

We were great and knocking on the door almost a decade until then but THIS was the exact moment that UConn became UConn! Before the tip. Khalid. And then getting it done. There is no Kemba, Mek, Napier, without Khalid setting this attitude for our program. It's carried through the program through 3 coaches and today. Thanks Kid for setting our identity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom