Gibbs To UConn (not true yet; why don't y'all just give it 20 minutes) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Gibbs To UConn (not true yet; why don't y'all just give it 20 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully grad school admissions is not the issue for Gibbs. Other schools seem to have no problem working through admissions.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Not everything is as easy as the Purvis transfer situation. We may have to sweat this one out a bit longer unfortunately but man this site would shut down if Gibbs goes anywhere else

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I legit don't check the yard for 12 hours and this goes down (or doesn't lol).

Concerns me that Fishy doesn't seem to be buying in yet, but I hope we get him.

Gibbs, Purvis, Adams, Hamilton, Brimah, Miller - has to be preseason AAC favorites.

Reaction Score

Gibbs, Purvis, Adams, Hamilton, Brimah, Miller - has to be preseason AAC favorites.
To me Fishy is a pessimist so don't get too upset

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Whether or not we get Gibbs I still think Cincy are favorites. That looks like a Final Four team to me.

Reaction Score
Whether or not we get Gibbs I still think Cincy are favorites. That looks like a Final Four team to me.
Cincy does not look like nor will they be a final four team. Currently with what each team has coming back, Cincy is not better the UCONN. You have my word on that!

Matrim55

Reaction Score
As long as Cincy runs the offense they do, they will never make a Final Four.

They're like a less talented version of those really good Pitt teams.
They're offense isn't great, but both guards can handle and score and they kill teams on second-chance points. Plus we know they're going to be a great defensive team that forces you into bad shots and doesn't send you to the line. There's a reason they hung with Kentucky for 35 minutes, and 9 of their 10 regulars are back from last year's group.

Their recruiting class, is strong, including two kids they can bring off the bench to stretch the floor - real shooters, apparently. Cincy doesn't often have that, and Pitt almost never did.

I think they're a top 5 team & AAC favorites heading into next season.

Reaction Score
They're offense isn't great, but both guards can handle and score and they kill teams on second-chance points. Plus we know they're going to be a great defensive team that forces you into bad shots and doesn't send you to the line. There's a reason they hung with Kentucky for 35 minutes, and 9 of their 10 regulars are back from last year's group.

Their recruiting class, is strong, including two kids they can bring off the bench to stretch the floor - real shooters, apparently. Cincy doesn't often have that, and Pitt almost never did.

Cincy top 5 team? Is this some alternate reality. No way with that offense. Can they win the AAC sure but with the style they play they won't be near the top 5.

Reaction Score

You make a lot of good points. But fair or not, Cronin's teams are in that "I'll believe it when I see it" group for me.

Reaction Score
Wow.

Given their inability to score, their lack of success in the postseason and a coach who doesn't really do x's and o's well, I'd say that's a world-class stretch.
Final 4 AAC maybe. I think we need to kill this thread. Then start a (true) if and when Gibbs commits.

On a related note, I first saw the report that Gibbs committed on one of my mobile apps before I checked out here on the boneyard that it might not be true. Talk about a buzzkill. Hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Wow.

Given their inability to score, their lack of success in the postseason and a coach who doesn't really do x's and o's well, I'd say that's a world-class stretch.
Fair enough. I hope they stay healthy and we get to see what's what come tournament time, but I think Cincy will mostly look like the team that trucked NC State, out-fought Purdue and hung with UK for 35 minute than they will the team that got run off the court vs. VCU.

Caupain, Cobb, Johnson & Jenifer should be a very, very good back-court rotation (especially since the first 3 now have a year together), and we know they'll rebound the hell out of the ball and protect the rim. It's a great combination IMO.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Cinci will be good, but if we get Gibbs there's no question that we will have more talent.

Funny that Jerry Meyer still hasn't taken that tweet down. I'm drawing blanks on what would explain why Gibbs maybe has given a verbal but isn't ready to announce. I just want this to be over.

Reaction Score

Cincinnati doesn't have a single player on their roster who averaged double figures last season. It's tough to win that way.

But, Troy Caupain should be one of the best guards in the AAC next season, they'll probably protect the rim as well as anybody in the country, and they have good depth. I also think Cronin can coach.

On the other hand, UConn beat them two out of three last season, and Ollie is 5-2 (granted, four of these games have been UConn home games, and one other was a neutral floor game) against them since inheriting the keys from Calhoun. KO has proven he has no problem beating Cincinnati at their own game when they have to, and most of our match-ups tend to resemble rock fights where one team just has a little more talent than the other.

Ollie is a good enough defensive coach where his defenses tend to devour teams like Cincinnati.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Cincinnati will be good. Like always, neither team can score against one another. Defense will decide who wins.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati doesn't have a single player on their roster who averaged double figures last season. It's tough to win that way.

But, Troy Caupain should be one of the best guards in the AAC next season, they'll probably protect the rim as well as anybody in the country, and they have good depth. I also think Cronin can coach.

On the other hand, UConn beat them two out of three last season, and Ollie is 5-2 (granted, four of these games have been UConn home games, and one other was a neutral floor game) against them since inheriting the keys from Calhoun. KO has proven he has no problem beating Cincinnati at their own game when they have to, and most of our match-ups tend to resemble rock fights where one team just has a little more talent than the other.

Ollie is a good enough defensive coach where his defenses tend to devour teams like Cincinnati.

I think its 3 losses, but one was without Bazz, and the other with Daniels, and both came down to the final minute on Cincy's home floor.

Reaction Score
Cincy is in no way shape or form a top 5 team. You're telling me they will be better than Duke Kentucky MSU UNC and Maryland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom