G David Beatty | Page 5 | The Boneyard

G David Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Kids saying Ollie is a "great man off the court" one after another after their visits without fail really says a lot about our head coach. I'm trying to remove myself from a UConn fan's point of view but I legitimately don't think any other coach has all the players who visit him say the same, oddly specific thing about him when asked.

He's a magnet to a certain breed of player.

And that is a great type of player to have here.

Reaction Score
Ok source says it is a done deal. He has been wrong before.
I know you've got this question repeatedly over the last week or so, just wondering if anything has changed on if he could/will commit sooner?

Reaction Score
Ok source says it is a done deal. He has been wrong before.
Appreciate all you do here husky99, but is he really a source if he has been wrong before? Feels like we have been down this road before with recruits. If its a done deal, we should hear relatively soon. Otherwise, its not a done deal.

Reaction Score
Appreciate all you do here husky99, but is he really a source if he has been wrong before? Feels like we have been down this road before with recruits. If its a done deal, we should hear relatively soon. Otherwise, its not a done deal.
They're teenagers. They can change their mind for any reason at any second. Nothing is set in stone until they're on your campus wearing your laundry. That is why these guys always say to take it with a grain of salt, recruiting is fluid, etc. He's hearing positive information. That's a good thing and I hope it leads to better things.

Reaction Score

I never think it is a done deal until he signs or announces. My so so guy said it was a done deal. He gets good info from time to time. We is usually better with player info then recruiting info. He was 100% on boatright staying and DD leaving a few years back and Gilbert committing but was wrong on a few recruits

Reaction Score
They're teenagers. They can change their mind for any reason at any second. Nothing is set in stone until they're on your campus wearing your laundry. That is why these guys always say to take it with a grain of salt, recruiting is fluid, etc. He's hearing positive information. That's a good thing and I hope it leads to better things.

Things change very quickly in recruiting. Many variables

Reaction Score
Just making a joke about all the lingo clichés that are on this board.

Not poking fun at anyone in particular. I appreciate all of your insight and totally understand where you guys are coming from.

Just giving you shiiiiit. All good

C

Chief00

I have been quiet on this one since I am basically hearing some similar things. Did talk to my man down in Jersey - he says this Philly kid just loves to play and has a passion for the game - don't underestimate what some talent and a love for the game can do. UConn has re-adjusted its recruiting model with the loss of our buddies - hopefully they can start reeling guys in again - and further tweak it. He likes our facilities so hats off to Coach Miller on that.

On another recruiting topic, maybe it's my background but I still don't think the big guy is obsolete - I for one would be very happy with a big strong guy who can ball.

Reaction Score
I have been quiet on this one since I am basically hearing some similar things. Did talk to my man down in Jersey - he says this Philly kid just loves to play and has a passion for the game - don't underestimate what some talent and a love for the game can do. UConn has re-adjusted its recruiting model with the loss of our buddies - hopefully they can start reeling guys in again - and further tweak it. He likes our facilities so hats off to Coach Miller on that.

On another recruiting topic, maybe it's my background but I still don't think the big guy is obsolete - I for one would be very happy with a big strong guy who can ball.
Who is this big guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01