G David Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Radio silence. What's up?

Reaction Score
well this is clearly going to take awhile.

As long as he comes to Storrs, I guess I can try to be patient while he milks the situation

Reaction Score
Remove the two hometown schools in LaSalle and Temple and the other six make much more sense.

If Dwayne Killings was recruiting him you can remove Temple more than likely no matter what!

Like this kid, love a scorers mentality and it's much needed.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
If Dwayne Killings was recruiting him, you can probably throw all the momentum Temple had with him toward UConn.

Reaction Score
Beatty seems like the typical hard-nosed, scoring guard who fits the UConn system. IMO, if we get 2 of Beatty, MAL, Diallo, and Waters we are in good shape.
Agree with you here, but I'd include Harvey in that group as well. Seems like we should end up with at least 2 of them

Reaction Score
From what I've heard, Killings was the tight-knit New Jersey recruiter for Beatty before July. Temple wasn't really close here, but Killings changing sides doesn't hurt. The only skepticism i'm hearing from the Beatty camp is the presence of competition for 2017.

Beatty seems like a total stud, anyone would be happy to have him, but I would argue this should ease everyone's concern. Ollie knows what he's doing.

Reaction Score
No reason Beatty and Waters couldn't coexist, let's take them both! I think we have a minimum of 5 open scholarships next year. We could really use a good big to take one of them. Richards, Obiagu or some other center we haven't really discussed yet. Unless we roll with Enoch and Durham at center in 2017. Durham does have a nice post game it looks like from his junior year mixtapes and Enoch certainly has the size.
So, a center, a ballhandler (Mal, Waters etc.), a couple of midsize shooters/drivers (i.e. Diallo, Harvey, Beatty, Chaundee Brown), a sharpshooter and a big banging 4 would be great.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
dont we have 4-5 schollies available?
It would be atleast 5, assuming no late signings more than a grad transfer for this season. Two currently open and the 3 seniors scholarships open up after this season.

Reaction Score
The only skepticism i'm hearing from the Beatty camp is the presence of competition for 2017.

Are we going to have a "3 stooges syndrome" problem with these 2017 guards?

Seems like Beatty, MAL, Diallo, Waters all want major playing time from day 1. Each of them sees that we're pursuing all of the other guys, and between that and the guys already here (Adams, Gilbert), they're skeptical that an immediate starting role is something we could guarantee.

Reaction Score
dont we have 4-5 schollies available?
Yeah I believe we have 5 available as of right now. I'd say MAL/Waters, 2 of Beatty/Harvey/Diallo and one of the big guys like Richards/Obiagu is possible. And I'd guess the 5th is probably someone we haven't heard of yet, just gotta sell the guards/wings that the playing time will be there even if they aren't starting immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom