For what it is worth | Page 6 | The Boneyard

For what it is worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you tire of the Syracuse bashing why would you come here?
Your fanbase is making it seem like 8 years of football history has surpassed what Syracuse had done over its history. Congrats, you guys have become decent in football, but you never challenged yourself against the big boys in college football, and Syracuse sucked for 4 years that doesn't mean UConn is better nationally. I feel for UConn football fans dealing with P & D, but don't make it seem like your football brand is equal to Syracuse's brand.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Your fanbase is making it seem like 8 years of football history has surpassed what Syracuse had done over its history. Congrats, you guys have become decent in football, but you never challenged yourself against the big boys in college football, and Syracuse sucked for 4 years that doesn't mean UConn is better nationally. I feel for UConn football fans dealing with P & D, but don't make it seem like your football brand is equal to Syracuse's brand.

I think you just captured the debate. Syracuse fans want to rest on their history to feel superior to UConn football, so they can ignore the results.

Reaction Score
This is hilarious. So all Uconn has to do is schedule top-tier competition each year (and perform as poorly as SU did) and we're in. Gotcha.

Dude, we've had 22 First Round draft picks, we have 15 players and coaches in the College Hall of Fame, 7 players in the NFL hall of fame.

We've played in 3 Orange Bowls, 2 Cotton Bowls, the Sugar Bowl, 2 Fiesta Bowls, 2 Liberty Bowls, 2 Gator Bowls, 2 Hall of Fame Bowls, the Peach Bowl and a handful of smaller ones.

We've had 42 players named All-Americans, including 6 guys who did it twice, and 2 guys who did it 3 times.

Since 2000, we've beaten Auburn, Notre Dame twice, Virginia Tech twice, West Virginia 3 times, and Kansas State twice.

In the 1990s, we beat Clemson (41-0), Ohio State (24-17), Colorado, Houston and Arizona (28-0) in bowl games.

In the 1980s, we beat LSU and Georgia in bowl games and tied Auburn in the Sugar Bowl.

Other teams we have beaten during the regular season in the last 2 or 3 decades, include UCLA, Colorado, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida (38-21, 1991), North Carolina, Miami (including 66-13, 33-13), BYU, Clemson (41-0), Wisconsin (34-0), Texas (31-21, 1992), Missouri (41-9, 24-13), Penn State (48-21), Nebraska 17-9.

It's the body of work that defines a program. Not just a few good years before your coach leaves for greener pastures.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Has anyone called this guy yet? I don't want to go through the entire thread to find out. If not, let me be the first to say welcome .

Reaction Score
Your football team sucks and if getting in on the coattails of long retired stars makes your school good then you can have it.

Your basketball team is going to get its head handed to it for violations and will suck.

You suck. Get lost.

We're back to our winning ways now, and you guys will soon be left in the dust again, where you're supposed to be.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We're back to our winning ways now, and you guys will soon be left in the dust again, where you're supposed to be.

Matt, I've written out a few logical rebuttals and erased them. I'm going to go instead with . Get out of my living room.

Reaction Score
I don't know why IthacaDick is given free rein here to be live up to his true cock identity. You think their board would tolerate the garbage he posts here.

Were irrelevant to you, sorta wish you'd disappear.

Reaction Score
I don't know why IthacaDick is given free rein here to be live up to his true rooster identity. You think their board would tolerate the garbage he posts here.

Were irrelevant to you, sorta wish you'd disappear.

Why wish? Someone make it happen. Mods?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Matt, shouldn't you be somewhere reading a post about an ACC Network fantasy?

Reaction Score
They come to our board, they tell us how much better their program has been, but in the end they are afraid to let us play in their conference.

I never thought I'd say this but Syracuse's fan base may have a higher percentage of p*ssies in it than BC's.

And if you don't believe it based on the jackholes coming onto our board, go look at the Cuse board. It couldn't be any clearer.

If there is ever some miracle of us getting into the B1G, you can kiss BC football and Syracuse football bye-bye. As someone else has said before, UConn getting into the ACC might actually be the best thing for BC and Cuse. Because if UConn and Rutgers were both in the B1G at some point down the road, BC and Cuse can forget recruiting football players from the Northeast, unless they're fond of the scraps.

We need Susan and Gov Malloy to keep pumping that research money into the school and maybe at some point in the next 5 years we'll hit AAU jackpot.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
They come to our board, they tell us how much better their program has been, but in the end they are afraid to let us play in their conference.

I never thought I'd say this but Syracuse's fan base may have a higher percentage of p*ssies in it than BC's.

And if you don't believe it based on the jackholes coming onto our board, go look at the Cuse board. It couldn't be any clearer.

If there is ever some miracle of us getting into the B1G, you can kiss BC football and Syracuse football bye-bye. As someone else has said before, UConn getting into the ACC might actually be the best thing for BC and Cuse. Because if UConn and Rutgers were both in the B1G at some point down the road, BC and Cuse can forget recruiting football players from the Northeast, unless they're fond of the scraps.

We need Susan and Gov Malloy to keep pumping that research money into the school and maybe at some point in the next 5 years we'll hit AAU jackpot.

A Friggin Amen Viking. Could mot agree more. DETEST BC.. But the Orange, they are deceitful and pretend their with you, but are not. the ACC

Reaction Score
I despise BC on every level. Not sure how anyone can deny that academically it's a notch above Uconn. It's not really fair to compare the two because their missions are very different which impacts their decision on admissions.
If my son got into all three, my heart would push Uconn, but the head would say BC. Tragically, the wallet would say Umass. Ugh...

Reaction Score
I think Matt makes fair points about the football brand over many years. It's not the only reason they're where they are but it didn't hurt. However this quote captures the hard truth about the potential of our program, and the reality that has Cuse and BC ready to lie across the tracks to block an oncoming train.

Reaction Score

I came onto this board because reading this thread your fanbase made it seem like your football brand had surpassed Syracuse nothing more nothing less. I could careless if you like Syracuse or not realize that in 8 years of being in the BCS all you have been is mediocre nothing more(edit: I should say mediocre isn't bad, but it just is mediocre. Some good years some bad years.) Syracuse was pure crap from 2005 to 2009, but we had history in the early 2000s and 1990s. Syracuse has won a part of 2 Big East titles since 2004 the same amount as UConn has since that timeframe and the Syracuse fanbase would call these past 8 years a failure. If your fanbase didn't make these ridiculous claims of UConn having a superior football brand I could careless if you insult our fanbase as it goes both ways. Go out and play some big boys I know you got Michigan at home this year, and this is good test for your program why didn't you guys play more challenging schedules from 2010-2012, and if you did I don't see it.After UConn was coming off their Fiesta Bowl appearance I would have been more willing to play unfavorable deals in the short term to enhance your brand. Syracuse had to play Notre Dame 2 for 1 last decade, play a 1 game series at Ohio State like Colorado did or Vanderbilt did at Michigan.

If your fanbase wants to rip Syracuse fine, but I brought my opinion that I knew would be unpopular and of which nobody has addressed except two posters, one poster of whom made fun of the fact I didn't space 3 paragraphs out and didn't address the information in the post and another poster who didn't like the fact I stated Syracuse considers Georgetown to be a greater rival than UConn when a majority of the Syracuse fanbase would agree to the fact, and I am sure most UConn fans would concede this as well. This is a conference realignment board and I posted my opinion I realize UConn has been screwed in these moves and you guys don't like the ACC or Syracuse/Boston College, but why can't you comprehend that the fact Syracuse/Boston College don't have a football history with UConn and as a result the fact you are state public flagship university and Syracuse is a private university there is no natural rivalry between the schools. Duke/North Carolina, Cal/Stanford are located both within an hour of each other and share the same media market Syracuse-UConn and Boston College-UConn aren't the same. Rutgers is a state public flagship university and fellow tri-state neighbor and that is a team in my opinion you should have feel is a considerable rival not Syracuse or Boston College.

SU-UConn have had a nice basketball rivalry, but it hasn't crossed over and now will likely never cross over to the gridiron, but Syracuse owes UConn nothing and UConn owes Syracuse nothing. Syracuse never joined the lawsuit you filed against the ACC in 2003. Rip me and Syracuse all you want, but it won't change the fact Syracuse football has a better brand than UConn football right now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Your brand blows.

You're a basketball add and being private helps gives Duke, Boston College and Wake another sister to sit with while the publics are off winning the ACC.

Reaction Score
Rust Belt.

Rotten Fruit.

Head coach was an alum who fired the school to coach the Bills.

Reaction Score
Rust Belt.

Rotten Fruit.

Head coach was an alum who fired the school to coach the Bills.
Based on UConn's football coach hiring history you can probably bank on him being your coach in 2018.

Reaction Score
Dear sports gods,
I have always been a loyal fan. As a kid I rooted my cowboys on, even after they went 1-15 in 1989. To this day I love my Orioles and am grateful for my brief reprieve last year and in the mid 1990's. However I don't understand what I did wrong since 2011. Part of me figured that my reward for such pro futility was the consistency of my college seasons. Does one winning season for the Orioles really require me to sacrifice my alma maters to conference purgatory forever?

As a Richmond/UConn fan everything was going so well. Was it really just 2011 that my two favorite teams were in the sweet16 and one won a national title? With so much momentum how could we/us/me end up in the cold so quickly? I keep trying to be positive about all this. I try to find the benefits to playing SMU and siena, but right now I feel like a pinata. Am I on my way to a level of sports hell that will put me in the company of cubs/generals fans? Please gods, at least let me know I am not alone. Is there not one other alum of UConn/Richmond I can share this burden with? I'd feel better with a little company in my misery. If the sports gods are listening, please give me some hope. Let at least one of my teams out of conference/division hell. I know getting the o's out of the east is asking a lot. Can my spiders at least go to the Big East or let the BIG come a bit further east? If that is too much will you at least allow my teams to win big? Any of those would temper so much rejection. Please sports gods give me something to hold on to.

Yours truly
SpidUrhusky

Reaction Score
I came onto this board because reading this thread your fanbase made it seem like your football brand had surpassed Syracuse nothing more nothing less. I could careless if you like Syracuse or not realize that in 8 years of being in the BCS all you have been is mediocre nothing more(edit: I should say mediocre isn't bad, but it just is mediocre. Some good years some bad years.) Syracuse was pure crap from 2005 to 2009, but we had history in the early 2000s and 1990s. Syracuse has won a part of 2 Big East titles since 2004 the same amount as UConn has since that timeframe and the Syracuse fanbase would call these past 8 years a failure. If your fanbase didn't make these ridiculous claims of UConn having a superior football brand I could careless if you insult our fanbase as it goes both ways. Go out and play some big boys I know you got Michigan at home this year, and this is good test for your program why didn't you guys play more challenging schedules from 2010-2012, and if you did I don't see it.After UConn was coming off their Fiesta Bowl appearance I would have been more willing to play unfavorable deals in the short term to enhance your brand. Syracuse had to play Notre Dame 2 for 1 last decade, play a 1 game series at Ohio State like Colorado did or Vanderbilt did at Michigan.

If your fanbase wants to rip Syracuse fine, but I brought my opinion that I knew would be unpopular and of which nobody has addressed except two posters, one poster of whom made fun of the fact I didn't space 3 paragraphs out and didn't address the information in the post and another poster who didn't like the fact I stated Syracuse considers Georgetown to be a greater rival than UConn when a majority of the Syracuse fanbase would agree to the fact, and I am sure most UConn fans would concede this as well. This is a conference realignment board and I posted my opinion I realize UConn has been screwed in these moves and you guys don't like the ACC or Syracuse/Boston College, but why can't you comprehend that the fact Syracuse/Boston College don't have a football history with UConn and as a result the fact you are state public flagship university and Syracuse is a private university there is no natural rivalry between the schools. Duke/North Carolina, Cal/Stanford are located both within an hour of each other and share the same media market Syracuse-UConn and Boston College-UConn aren't the same. Rutgers is a state public flagship university and fellow tri-state neighbor and that is a team in my opinion you should have feel is a considerable rival not Syracuse or Boston College.

SU-UConn have had a nice basketball rivalry, but it hasn't crossed over and now will likely never cross over to the gridiron, but Syracuse owes UConn nothing and UConn owes Syracuse nothing. Syracuse never joined the lawsuit you filed against the ACC in 2003. Rip me and Syracuse all you want, but it won't change the fact Syracuse football has a better brand than UConn football right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
Cuse never joined the law suit because they had one foot out the door. I am an old lady does that mean I am better than an 18 year old girl? Of course I don't have any titles ( Helms) from beauty contests but I do have longevity.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Syracuse was also against us this round. Anyone that denies they are scared is being ignorant. Even their own fans admit they are scared. We have eaten their lunch for 20 years and having at us at a severe disadvantage is an advantage to them. It is simple.
This is what I don't get. If UConn was actively/admittedly blocking a rival from CR the way that BC and Syracuse have, it would be a source of embarrassment for me, not something I'd crow about. Isn't the whole reason why we watch because the actions of our schools make us proud? How can you be proud of acts of cowardice? How can you even show your face on that rival's board without feeling sheepish? Guess we know the type of "men" Syracuse produces.

The fear that the Cuse and BC fans try to hide gives me solace. No matter what - we've now seen what BC and Syracuse are really all about, now haven't we?

U

UConn9604

Who the hell is UConn to demand 1-1s off the bat when they don't have any history?

You seem like a nice guy, and I don't think you set out to sound stupid, but that doesn't mean you didn't.

Michigan is the winningest program in the history of college football and they somehow fell for our "demand." So did Tennessee. So did Boise. BYU, too. (You may have heard of these programs.)

In the meantime, we're 6-3 lifetime against Syracuse, and that includes the stinkbomb we threw up this past fall at the Carrier Dome.

This isn't Syracuse bashing -- everything I have written is a fact.

I get that you're tickled to be headed to the ACC, but we still own you like a baby owns a diaper. I really don't see your point.

Reaction Score
UCONN will be fine. It's time to buckle up and enjoy the new ride within the AAC. The exciting thing will be that it will be a lot of schools that are not historically associated with UCONN, and that means games with new schools and new experiences. Time to put expansion in the rear view mirror and start concentrating on the AAC.

Reaction Score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
Cuse never joined the law suit because they had one foot out the door. I am an old lady does that mean I am better than an 18 year old girl? Of course I don't have any titles ( Helms) from beauty contests but I do have longevity.

I don't think this board wants to talk about this and honestly I can't speak with the fact as to why Syracuse never joined the lawsuit(because I am not the Syracuse President or on the Board of Trustees who made the decision), but my belief based on reading about the issue was that Syracuse didn't think it was smart to tick off the ACC due to the fact that they wanted to maintain good relations with the ACC/ACC member schools. Also, they didn't believe the Big East could make schools stay in the conference and they felt the negatives outweighed the positives.
I would say in hindsight most UConn fans would probably agree the lawsuit was a mistake, but your fanbase would be able to answer that rather than myself.

Also, to your titles comment(Helms) I stated I respect the UConn basketball brand and recognize the fact you are a top 10 national brand and have the hardware and results to back that up in basketball. I am trying to be respectful in my messages as I am guest, but I responded in this thread because several posts made it seem like UConn football was superior nationally to Syracuse when you guys have improved greatly from where you started, but you haven't caught up to Syracuse yet. There was a post which included an article from SI which ranked the BCS schools by chess pieces and I believe that was pretty accurate UConn is 1 tier below Syracuse right now. I don't care to insult UConn as I am on your board, but I feel my messages have been pretty respectful if you disagree fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom