Final Four Ticket Info (via UConn) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Final Four Ticket Info (via UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am sorry for the alumni who didn't get tickets through the school, but I am glad to hear that we sold all our travel packages and all our tickets.
Yep, just called and they are completely sold out. I guess they made sure to keep it in house but I wish they gave Alumni a chance. I guess what have I done for them lately mentality. Time to pledge each year so I can gurantee a spot as a donor. LOL!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Would seem to me with tickets sold out this might be the way to go at this point.
Now, perhaps, if having a bird in the hand is the stumbling point. Personally, I've seen what the upper levels look like at other Final Four venues and I wouldn't go for them there, much less here. Monday's ticket should be of no concern whatsoever, as it will be an easy ticket. Finding one decent seat for Saturday shouldn't be that hard once you are down there, but you have to be willing to play the game, and I understand that a lot of people aren't comfortable doing that.

Reaction Score
Now, perhaps, if having a bird in the hand is the stumbling point. Personally, I've seen what the upper levels look like at other Final Four venues and I wouldn't go for them there, much less here. Monday's ticket should be of no concern whatsoever, as it will be an easy ticket. Finding one decent seat for Saturday shouldn't be that hard once you are down there, but you have to be willing to play the game, and I understand that a lot of people aren't comfortable doing that.
Yep, I see where your coming from.

Reaction Score
Are there any UCONN donors or season ticketholders that have two extra tickets? I want to sit with the other UCONN fans and not be in the middle of nowhere in Jerry Jones huge stadium.

Reaction Score

For sure, I regret my advanced purchase and was hesitant to do so, but was pushed by some others... Anyways, yea not the greatest seats, but unless you've ever been to AT&T, its hard to actually explain what that screen is like. I think its pretty apparent you will need binoculars to see the court (from a majority of Jerryworld), but the screen is a spectacle in itself.

Pumping my own air here, but I know it's a buyers market right now and looking to unload mine. Split if need be. I know I am going to take a loss on them.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Yep, just called and they are completely sold out. I guess they made sure to keep it in house but I wish they gave Alumni a chance. I guess what have I done for them lately mentality. Time to pledge each year so I can gurantee a spot as a donor. LOL!
I ended up doing that in January. $100/year isn't chump change, but it gets you access. I should have just bought a few to sell at face to BYers... Next time.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard about ticket pick up options in Dallas? The only communication I've received is the order confirmation. Thanks

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For sure, I regret my advanced purchase and was hesitant to do so, but was pushed by some others... Anyways, yea not the greatest seats, but unless you've ever been to AT&T, its hard to actually explain what that screen is like. I think its pretty apparent you will need binoculars to see the court (from a majority of Jerryworld), but the screen is a spectacle in itself.

Pumping my own air here, but I know it's a buyers market right now and looking to unload mine. Split if need be. I know I am going to take a loss on them.
I hear you; I think you are being totally straight-up and doing the right thing. I learned my lesson in '98, when I was so sure that we were headed to the Final Four in '99 that I entered the NCAA ticket lottery and "won" the purchase of two tickets for Tampa. They were not good seats, but Tampa was not that huge, and they were not the worst. Still, I decided that I would never make an advance purchase of crappy seats again because I go through too much to get there, and being closer makes a huge difference to me.

San Antonio in '04 was a ridiculously tight ticket for the semis, and that market swung like crazy, with Ga Tech giving back some of its tickets and causing a momentary glut, and then OSU arriving in hoards to swipe them up and drive the prices through the roof, in a smaller venue. I had to settle on a discounted mid-level single that was okay, but my buddy found an older couple inside the game that had two sweet extras in the lower level, and they only wanted face value, so we paid them for that game and agreed to take them for Monday if we won. That was a great deal.

In '11 I got the tickets through the school, and they were very decent lowers; my buddy then got us hooked with even better seats, for free, through his wife's work connection, so I sold the UConn tickets for face.

If I was able to go this year I would consider taking a ticket like yours at a discount and using it to get in the door, in hopes of landing a better empty seat once inside. I moved around quite a bit in San Antonio during the first game, even ending up in the press box for a while. Found my way into the press box in Tampa for a bit, too. Remember the lesson of that kid with the orange tie and blue suit who ended up on the UVa bench. Where there's a will...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard about ticket pick up options in Dallas? The only communication I've received is the order confirmation. Thanks

Usually they have a pick-up the day before at the team hotel. If you don't get them there, there will be a will-call at the stadium.

Reaction Score
If it's anything like Tampa, SA, and Houston, it'll likely be at the team hotel which is the Hyatt Regency in downtown.

Reaction Score
In Houston I didn't pick my up in till Saturday and I picked them up at the Stadium early in the morning.

Reaction Score
So...anyone have any info on the official Uconn sections for the donor tickets? I've been seeing all the photos and videos about how ridiculously bad some of the seats are in the upper sections and its starting to freak me out just a little. I went in 2011 and the seats were great, so I'm expecting the same this year, but....

Reaction Score
Alright, you guys got me on tilt here!

4 All Session Upper Level for $150 a piece (below face value). $600 total... Email me at tylanderson@gmail.com or shoot me a message on here.

You guys already knocked us out of the tourney, show some mercy! :)

Reaction Score
Sorry ISUCyclone, most UCONN fans are pathetic...they don't want to go watch their team play unless they can take the subway and can sit in the donor section.

Reaction Score
Sorry ISUCyclone, most UCONN fans are pathetic...they don't want to go watch their team play unless they can take the subway and can sit in the donor section.

And tigers fans are embarrassing enough to post about it on our board. Win something loser.

Reaction Score
L
what team are you watching this time of year? Does memphis have a minor league baseball team?

Reaction Score
Let's see ....mascots at the Final 4 Club of Choice......Gators yes....Badgers yes......Wildcats yes....Huskies yes. Sorry Tigers you're not on the list. Please step out of the line and head over the club across the street...NITesticulos Thank you very much

Reaction Score
So...anyone have any info on the official Uconn sections for the donor tickets? I've been seeing all the photos and videos about how ridiculously bad some of the seats are in the upper sections and its starting to freak me out just a little. I went in 2011 and the seats were great, so I'm expecting the same this year, but....
123-135 I believe. I picked up my tickets from UConn and they're 134

Reaction Score
How many of you guys upset about my comment are actually in Dallas to watch your team play in the best sports event of the year?

Reaction Score
How many of you guys upset about my comment are actually in Dallas to watch your team play in the best sports event of the year?

images

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
# of Iowa State fans in Dallas = 0

Reaction Score

The same number that are stuck with overpriced Final 4 tix.

Reaction Score
The view from my hotel room is nice. Had dinner next to Rip Hamilton and watched Nick Johnson of AZ commit egregious NCAA violations at that restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom