Final Four Ticket Info (via UConn) | The Boneyard

Final Four Ticket Info (via UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
>>Dear UConn Club Member,

With a 60-54 win over No. 4 Michigan State, the UConn men’s basketball program has advanced to the NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four for the fifth time in school history. The Huskies will play in North Texas at AT&T Stadium on Saturday, April 5 against No. 1 Florida.

Current UConn Club members can order travel packages and/or tickets on Monday, March 31. Orders can be placed by phoning 1-888-GO- UCONN (468-2666) or online at UConnHuskies.com following the schedule below:

Donor Category ~ Call In Time

Hall of Fame, Legend, and Champion from 8:00am – 9:30am

All- American from 10:00am- 11:30am

MVP from Noon- 1:30pm

Golden Husky from 2:00pm-3:30pm

Director from 4:00pm-5:30pm

Coach, Assistant Coach and Captain from 5:30pm-7:00pm

Ticket prices are $315 (including all fees) for the Final Four ticket package which includes both Semifinals on Saturday and the National Championship on Monday.

Full air packages and hotel packages will be available. The NCAA selects the hotels and assigns each school an allotment of hotel rooms for the Final Four. UConn has a large block of rooms at the “Official Team Hotel” for our loyal donors. The University is responsible for any unsold rooms. In order to satisfy the NCAA hotel room mandate for the Final Four, fans purchasing game tickets will be required to purchase a hotel room(s).

To view ticket and travel package information click the link: Men’s Basketball Final Four.

Thank you for your continued support of UConn Athletics and our men’s basketball program. GO HUSKIES!<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is there any chance of a non-donor getting tickets? If so, best avenue?

Reaction Score
For anyone that has gone through Uconn for this....I am a "Coach" which is the last call in. What the chances of me getting anything at that time? Slim and none?

Reaction Score
For anyone that has gone through Uconn for this....I am a "Coach" which is the last call in. What the chances of me getting anything at that time? Slim and none?
With the sheer number of tickets that are made available to fans of each school, you'd probably have a decent shot I would think.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They are requiring hotel room purchases with ticket purchases. That they are willing to show the price of the tickets but not the hotel rooms tells me that the cost of the rooms may hurt a bit. It also tells me that they won't sell all of the tickets so there will be some available to those who are willing to pay, regardless of donor level.

I'm contemplating what to do (need to see if I can get time of work on short notice and have my son take time off from school) but at the moment flights and hotels (not through the school) appear reasonable. I imagine however, considering the size of the venue that seats purchased on the open market will require binoculars just to see where the good seats are. If I do go I likely go through the school. If nothing else I'll get to hang out with many other UConn people.

Reaction Score
Here's the cost for the packages (does NOT include game tickets, which are $315 each)

Full Air Package (April 4-8)
  • Round-trip Private Charter Air from Bradley International to Dallas TX
  • Round trip airport transfers
  • Four nights Hyatt Regency Dallas (Official Team/Fan hotel)
  • Pre-game Reception (April 5th)
  • Round trip Motor Coach from Reception to Games
  • Trip Souvenir
  • Tour Leaders
  • All taxes and services charges for tour inclusions
OccupancyPrice Per Person
Double$2160
Single$2800
Triple$1950
Quad$1845
Child$1525

-------------------
Land Package (April 4-8)
  • Trip Souvenir
  • Tour Leaders

Double$1035
Single$1675
Triple$825
Quad$715
Child$395

DOES NOT INCLUDE
    Air,Airport Transfers,Pre-Game Reception,Game Tickets,
    Game Transfers, or Souvenir

Room Type Not Guaranteed

Double$725
Single$1365
Triple$515
Quad$405
Child$99

Reaction Score
I logged on an saw the info for the rooms and stuff. I would get the room but not the flight. I would go through Travelocity or Orbitz or whatever and overall it'd save me $1000. I would get the "Land Package" and it includes:

• Trip Souvenir
  • Tour Leaders

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hoo, this may sound like a stupid question but am I correct in thinking the packages do not include game tickets?

Reaction Score
Hoo, this may sound like a stupid question but am I correct in thinking the packages do not include game tickets?
Correct, $315 for the tix.

The NCAA gets their (big) cut of those hotel rates.

Reaction Score
They made you buy the hotel rooms in 2009 and it was ridiculously expensive. In 2004 they didn't (or only made the highest level donors) so we got our own hotel then and and got the tickets through UConn. If you're a lower level donor you should hope that the higher levels buy all the hotel rooms and by the time they get to you you'll only have to buy the tickets.

Having it out in Arlington kind of sucks because there's no real central place for everyone to congregate. 2004 was the best with everyone in downtown San Antonio. But it should be easy to find hotels anywhere in the DFW area because there's no place where everyone will want to be.

The Final Four should be in New Orleans and San Antonio every year. Those places are the best because you can walk everywhere and there's plenty to do. But San Antonio's dome is relatively small which is why the NCAA hasn't brought it back there.

Reaction Score
They made you buy the hotel rooms in 2009 and it was ridiculously expensive. In 2004 they didn't (or only made the highest level donors) so we got our own hotel then and and got the tickets through UConn. If you're a lower level donor you should hope that the higher levels buy all the hotel rooms and by the time they get to you you'll only have to buy the tickets.

Having it out in Arlington kind of sucks because there's no real central place for everyone to congregate. 2004 was the best with everyone in downtown San Antonio. But it should be easy to find hotels anywhere in the DFW area because there's no place where everyone will want to be.

The Final Four should be in New Orleans and San Antonio every year. Those places are the best because you can walk everywhere and there's plenty to do. But San Antonio's dome is relatively small which is why the NCAA hasn't brought it back there.
Hooper,
Totally agree. Been to both SA and NO for FF, and they rock. Cowboys stadium is outside the city, not much to do near game site.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any word if they'll sell to non donors if there are tickets remaining?

Reaction Score
Not happy about the hotel requirement. Might change my plans as I was going on Marriott points

Reaction Score
They always have tickets available to non-donors. First they will do alumni though for non-donors. It was easy to get tickets for the last 3 final fours for non- donors so I don't see a problem with this one.

Reaction Score
But you can just buy tickets in the secondary market and book your own hotel, yes?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They always have tickets available to non-donors. First they will do alumni though for non-donors. It was easy to get tickets for the last 3 final fours for non- donors so I don't see a problem with this one.
How expensive was this?

Reaction Score
How expensive was this?
Same face value price listed on uconnhuskies.com. I think they list the price as $325 for all 3 games. They might be nosebleed seats but they will be available.

Reaction Score
Are all of the tickets the same price - face value? I seem to recall for 2004 that there were different face value prices for different sections, as the UConn fans were spread out into at least three different sections.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
But you can just buy tickets in the secondary market and book your own hotel, yes?
Yeah there are tix on stubhub.
here are the cheapest right now for just the semifinal.

Screenshot_2014-03-31-09-23-16.png

Reaction Score
Congrats on the final four!

I am a Cyclone fan living in Dallas that unfortunately bought my tickets with some cardinal and gold glasses on (and before Niang got hurt!) and am looking to sell them. I know rates are climbing pretty high right now, but I have 4 all session (Sec 446, row 13) for $400 OBO.

I am rooting for you guys to win it all. Really enjoyed the game this past Friday. Napier is awesome to watch and Daniels really turned it on. With the relationship of Ollie and Hoiberg, I wouldn't mind this being a non-con in the near future!

Anyways, if you are looking for 4 all-session tickets (and don't want to go through the university/hotel issues) shoot me an email: tylanderson@gmail.com.

Good luck Saturday!

Reaction Score
Student season ticket holders - $40 for Semi, National Championship free!

BkBdPO4IIAEm_Z0.jpg

Reaction Score
Face value for all tickets is $310 through UConn - I believe all tickets are lower level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom