Final Four Ticket Info (via UConn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final Four Ticket Info (via UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If anyone buys game tix through the school and has extras please let me know. I am going but am not willing to pay for the hotel requirement (4 day minimum, $725 per person). Want the ticket $$ to go to the school but don't want to pay for the required hotel stay.

Thanks in advance,
Skibs

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if they'll be serving alcohol in the club sections? I know there's no alcohol served at NCAA tourney games in the concourse but every time i've gone so far to other stadiums they've served alcohol in the clubs. Only asking because our seats are in the field club section which I believe has access to the club lounges.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if they'll be serving alcohol in the club sections? I know there's no alcohol served at NCAA tourney games in the concourse but every time i've gone so far to other stadiums they've served alcohol in the clubs. Only asking because our seats are in the field club section which I believe has access to the club lounges.
They served in club section in San Antonio, I didn't go to Detroit or Houston

Reaction Score
Very unlikely, the NCAA basically has a blanket ban on alcohol sales at NCAA Tournament events.

Reaction Score
Face value for all tickets is $310 through UConn - I believe all tickets are lower level.

I am UConn Club member, at one of the lower levels (Coach?). I signed in last night to check for the tickets and packages, and was shown a price of $315 per ticket, which includes the two sessions.

Talked to a friend today, who is at a higher level, and his price was $385 for the tickets, so I think that there are different prices for different sections.

Reaction Score
Oh maybe there is. I too saw the only price available was $315. Perhaps $385 is a club level?

Reaction Score
>>Dear UConn Club Members,

Thanks to your continued generosity, you have helped the University meet its NCAA mandated room obligation at the 2014 Men’s Basketball Final Four in Dallas! Many of you have expressed interest in purchasing additional game tickets. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase additional game tickets during this exclusive calling period. To purchase additional tickets please call our UConn Ticket Office at 1-877-AT-UCONN (288-2666) to place your order between 9:00 am – Noon, tomorrow, April 1. Please note that your additional tickets will not be located with your original priority order. You may order up to an additional 6 tickets. Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

Again, thank you for your continued support of UConn Athletics and our men’s basketball program. GO HUSKIES!<<

Reaction Score
Congrats on the final four!

I am a Cyclone fan living in Dallas that unfortunately bought my tickets with some cardinal and gold glasses on (and before Niang got hurt!) and am looking to sell them. I know rates are climbing pretty high right now, but I have 4 all session (Sec 446, row 13) for $400 OBO.

I am rooting for you guys to win it all. Really enjoyed the game this past Friday. Napier is awesome to watch and Daniels really turned it on. With the relationship of Ollie and Hoiberg, I wouldn't mind this being a non-con in the near future!

Anyways, if you are looking for 4 all-session tickets (and don't want to go through the university/hotel issues) shoot me an email: tylanderson@gmail.com.

Good luck Saturday!
Congrats on a great year, bum luck with Niang. I wouldn't mind at all getting a home and home done in the near future. Gonna need all the non-conference games against good teams we can get! We did have that football series (granted that was set up about 15 years ago and spanned nearly a decade with just 2 games) and with the relationship of our two good young coaches I could see it going down. Good luck going forward!

Reaction Score

Thanks to your continued generosity, you have helped the University meet its NCAA mandated room obligation at the 2014 Men’s Basketball Final Four in Dallas! Many of you have expressed interest in purchasing additional game tickets. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase additional game tickets during this exclusive calling period. To purchase additional tickets please call our UConn Ticket Office at 1-877-AT-UCONN (288-2666) to place your order between 9:00 am – Noon, tomorrow, April 1. Please note that your additional tickets will not be located with your original priority order. You may order up to an additional 6 tickets. Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

Again, thank you for your continued support of UConn Athletics and our men’s basketball program. GO HUSKIES!<<
OMG holy hell that is awesome!

Reaction Score

How is this a good idea?

UCONN is stiffing their fan base with this.

Why not let donors have access to the extra tickets.

Instead of putting more UCONN fans in the building UCONN is allowing the people who bought the package to pick up extras to scalp.

The only people making out are the people buying the 6 extra tickets so they can make some cash.

No guarantee those tickets are going to UCONN fans.

Reaction Score
How is this a good idea?

Why not let donors have access to the extra tickets.

Instead of putting more UCONN fans in the building UCONN is allowing the people who bought the package to pick up extras to scalp.

The only people making out are the people buying the 6 extra tickets so they can make some cash.

I tend to agree. I certainly hope these go to UConn fans and don't water down our section. Or even worse, force people like me to purchase nosebleeds from stubhub.

Reaction Score
I really would like to have faith in the idea that people who are significant donors would just be getting tix for framily...I mean friends and family. I'VE SEEN THESE ADS TOO MANY TIMES.

Reaction Score
Yes...I've heard our biggest donors are short of cash so they will be scalping the 6 extras. Even the smaller donors. :rolleyes:

You can fit a bazillion people in the place. Good luck trying to scalp.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The absolute least likely group to scalp tickets are the people currently being offered extras.

Smaller donors will get their shot - do not panic.

Reaction Score
The absolute least likely group to scalp tickets are the people currently being offered extras.

Smaller donors will get their shot - do not panic.
Indeed...why would the people who shell out extra money to support the department and probably donate more buy tickets to stiff other uconn fans? If they're buying them it's probably for other family/friends.

Reaction Score
Yes...I've heard our biggest donors are short of cash so they will be scalping the 6 extras. Even the smaller donors. :rolleyes:

You can fit a bazillion people in the place. Good luck trying to scalp.

Did this offer go to certain donor levels only?

Reaction Score
Congrats on a great year, bum luck with Niang. I wouldn't mind at all getting a home and home done in the near future. Gonna need all the non-conference games against good teams we can get! We did have that football series (granted that was set up about 15 years ago and spanned nearly a decade with just 2 games) and with the relationship of our two good young coaches I could see it going down. Good luck going forward!

Thanks man! Yea tough luck but thats how things go. Fun to watch you guys beat MSU, haven't liked them since the 2000 E8. Good luck!

Fun to see younger Alumni succeed (as Hoiberg and Ollie are showing). Really makes me appreciate the college game a lot more. Hope both coaches stay for a long time.

Reaction Score
Well, I'm a donor and I've been calling the ticket office since 9AM and its been a busy signal.....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

The real stiffs are those that don't support the program, that don't go to games but bellow like stuck pigs because they aren't first in line for the big ticket.

Reaction Score
Well, I'm a donor and I've been calling the ticket office since 9AM and its been a busy signal.....
Keep calling I got though. It took me 20 minutes of constantly redialing to get though. Probably a little hit and miss. Sure is affecting my productivity today. LOL!

Reaction Score
My dad was told by someone at WorldTek that apparently UConn got 3,200 more tickets. Don't know how true that is or not, but that's what it is.

Reaction Score
brasssbonanzaa said:
My dad was told by someone at WorldTek that apparently UConn got 3,200 more tickets. Don't know how true that is or not, but that's what it is.

That's awesome. Buy em up!

Reaction Score
I posted this in another post ..

Just off of the phone with UConn Club this morning - they are opening up tickets sales at 12:30 today for sales to club members.

You can also call the Club directly at (860) 486-3863.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom