Fiesta Bowl | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Fiesta Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I was under the impression that we understood that if you're not in a P5 conference, you're in a bad conference.

Which of the non-P5 conferences is good? (rhetorical question because none of them are)
The American if they continue to win; which is why you should be rooting for them to win games against p5 competition

Reaction Score
The American if they continue to win; which is why you should be rooting for them to win games against p5 competition

1) Read the rest of my posts and catch up with my position.
2) No, it's not. We had 4 of our 10 teams with winning seasons. "The American" isn't continuing to win anything, we need to start winning. This would be a great win for UCF, but the conference is a looooong way from being considered "good".

Reaction Score
I was under the impression that we understood that if you're not in a P5 conference, you're in a bad conference.

Which of the non-P5 conferences is good? (rhetorical question because none of them are)

The Big East was. They were 8-7 in BCS bowl games. I don't need anyone to tell me I'm a good person...I know I am. When you win more than half of your BCS bowl games and the ACC goes like 3-12 (or whatever it was, not good I know that) I consider that a good conference.

Tonight was not the first time I've heard announcers say the Big East doesn't get enough credit. It's just we've got this inferiority complex that makes it seem worse.

History tends to take time to develop...in the coming years the Big East will get more credit.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
2) No, it's not. We had 4 of our 10 teams with winning seasons. "The American" isn't continuing to win anything, we need to start winning. This would be a great win for UCF, but the conference is a looooong way from being considered "good".
And they only get there by beating P5. So root for the conference. Simple.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Swear they read the BY real time:

“@DanWolken: Probably shouldn't be this way, but you have to think a UCF win would give the AAC a perception edge within the Group of Five next year”
Note he said within G5 - meaning AAC, MWC, MAC, SunBelt, and... uh... some other *y league...

Reaction Score
This win is great for UCF. Doesn't do much of anything for the 'Merican.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The AAC Champion just beat the Big12 Champion by double digits. Boom! There it is...

Reaction Score
Truth. The Big East always had a solid middle and even bottom of the conference. It was why a mediocre Pitt team could knock WVU out of the National Title game. The AAC, was bad this year. It was really Louisville (who is leaving) and UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston were a tick below. The rest of the conference was sheet. ECU helps offset the UL loss somewhat, and Navy helps. UConn needs to get its ass in gear...fast.

Reaction Score
The Big East was. They were 8-7 in BCS bowl games. I don't need anyone to tell me I'm a good person...I know I am. When you win more than half of your BCS bowl games and the ACC goes like 3-12 (or whatever it was, not good I know that) I consider that a good conference.

Tonight was not the first time I've heard announcers say the Big East doesn't get enough credit. It's just we've got this inferiority complex that makes it seem worse.

History tends to take time to develop...in the coming years the Big East will get more credit.

Whether the conference was good or not wasn't the question you asked.

I think the conference was highly underrated, and better than the ACC.

It was perceived, however, as bad. No matter what happened on the field.

Reaction Score
And they only get there by beating P5. So root for the conference. Simple.

I already said I was rooting for UCF and why.

Why not stop cherry-picking posts to argue with and look at the context of the entire discussion?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
They couldn't have positioned the stage so that the fans were in the background instead of a completely emptied out stadium??

Reaction Score
This puts a monkey wrench into the "Breakaway" talk. This was a big win for every school not in the P5.

UCF just punched their ticket into the Big 12 if they decide to expand.

Thankfully we won't see Blake Bortles at the Rent next year, his stock can only go down. His running ability at his size is reminiscent of John Elway.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I already said I was rooting for UCF and why.

Why not stop cherry-picking posts to argue with and look at the context of the entire discussion?
I did look back and saw that one of your posts did say Uconn is helped by Cincy, UFC and others winning. Sorry for lumping you in with the other dimwits who don't understand this.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We can argue all day (or all night) about what the narrative was for the Big East, or what it currently is for the AAC. But I can tell you with great certainty that it was all over the media that it was bull$hit that the AAC had an auto bid this year when we were essentially "C-USA 2.o". The fact that an AAC team, especially one that will be an AAC team next year as well, beat the Big12 Champ by double digits speaks VERY highly to the rest of the nation that it wasn't bull$hit. We just earned it. Hopefully, UConn earns it next year...

EDIT: Before any wise guy says, "There are no more auto bids next year!"....I friggin' know that. I mean I hope UConn gets to (and wins) a big meaningful bowl next year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There's Aresco. I hope he's interviewed.

Reaction Score
This win is great for UCF. Doesn't do much of anything for the 'Merican.

You are way smarter than you've been acting tonight. It absolutely does something for the perception of the American. A UCF team beat a very good Baylor team. They didn't get lucky. They beat PSU away (perception win with a down PSU team) nearly beat eUSC and beat Baylor. That's a very good UCF team we saw tonight.

They just happen to be a part of the AAC. If the AAC can get 5 big OOC wins next year, get to a major bowl game and win...then it improves the perception.

Again, we only need to be better than the non P5 conferences. Which, right now, I believe we are.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I don't know, they have a little sag to them, probably did that on purpose to make em look realer.
That's what a good surgeon does!

Reaction Score
You are way smarter than you've been acting tonight. It absolutely does something for the perception of the American. A UCF team beat a very good Baylor team. They didn't get lucky. They beat PSU away (perception win with a down PSU team) nearly beat eUSC and beat Baylor. That's a very good UCF team we saw tonight.

They just happen to be a part of the AAC. If the AAC can get 5 big OOC wins next year, get to a major bowl game and win...then it improves the perception.

Again, we only need to be better than the non P5 conferences. Which, right now, I believe we are.
I do too, but ending up ranked higher maybe tough. I like our chances with Peterson out of Boise though.

Reaction Score
I don't know, they have a little sag to them, probably did that on purpose to make em look realer.

Look again... Closer...

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member