Fiesta Bowl | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Fiesta Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The person to whom my question was addressed answered it correctly. However, you can continue to feel free to be stubborn about the reality of the situation, guilt free...because you don't root for Northern Illinois...

The reality is that the AAC will never be a good conference. So I am not wasting any energy in worrying about who is in the conference and how they are doing. It just flat out doesn't matter. It really doesn't.

Reaction Score
And NIU still got to a BCS bowl. We even got to one, and we weren't even ranked! It doesn't matter, because college football is not a true meritocracy. It's a fashion show, wrapped in dog show.

C'mon Zoo...you're just being stubborn now. If you don't care about the AAC then you don't care about UConn because if you don't care if the conference winner is 7-5 every year......well you get my point.

Reaction Score
I think people are a bit confused. I don't remember the media saying we were a bad conference. They would say we were not as good as the P5. WVU and UL got credit for being good teams.

There's a difference when someone says our conference is not as good as the P5 compared to saying the Big East was a bad conference. Maybe I've missed it and the media said the Big East was a bad conference.

"The Big Least" ring a bell?

No matter how often the actual results proved otherwise. The ACC was always considered a step up, and the Big East was on par with the MWC. The only thing that separated us from them, was the automatic BCS spot.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
“@slmandel: For all the jokes it takes, the Big East/AAC will tie the Big 12 for BCS wins (nine) if UCF holds on.”

Is that respect that I'm seeing starting to set in??? Hmmm... :eek:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Absolutely! We have to be a winning program again, no doubt about it. I'm with you there, brother! But like I said, if people feel like we are the MAC or C-USA, they will give us "Northern Illinois-type" respect....which is to say, no respect at all...

Here here. For the record, I am bullish on UCONN in 2014 and our B1G hopes. I know I'm coming across as an energy vampire with all this meh talk about UCF tonight so I just feel like I need to get that out there too. :)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I root for UConn. Not the AAC.
Yet you don't root for the success of teams who can assist us in gaining respectability. If AAC goes undefeated against P5 next year and we we win the AAC you don't think that's better than AAC going winless against p5? That's just silly.

Reaction Score
The reality is that the AAC will never be a good conference. So I am not wasting any energy in worrying about who is in the conference and how they are doing. It just flat out doesn't matter. It really doesn't.

They just gave kudos to the Big East for BCS record. Oops....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
What a fun game. Go UCF.

Agreed. Both the Rose and Fiesta Bowls have been entertaining viewing and couldn't be more different in terms of game style.

Reaction Score

This is where you're going overboard.

It absolutely matters if we're winning games. If we're top 25 material, we need to have some good competition in the conference because SOS will play a role. There's no reason UCF/USF/UConn and Cincy can't field top 25 programs at any given time.

If the conference can have 2 or 3 in the top 25 at the same time, and UConn is the best of the bunch, it will absolutely help UConn.

Reaction Score
"The Big Least" ring a bell?

No matter how often the actual results proved otherwise. The ACC was always considered a step up, and the Big East was on par with the MWC. The only thing that separated us from them, was the automatic BCS spot.

Yes, respectable media said that everyday. Please.....

Reaction Score
Yes, respectable media said that everyday. Please.....
1) "respectable media" is just about an oxymoron.
2) all due respect, you're just wrong on this. there was never a shortage of stories questioning whether or not the big east deserved AQ status.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
17 points with under 5 min. Baylor needs three scores.

Safe to say those who took Baylor with the points are f-ed.

Reaction Score
Anybody who thinks this UCF win does nothing for the perception of the AAC is just looking to be argumentative. They already gave kudos on TV to the BE/AAC in BCS games. The tweets are out that we are tied with the Big 12 in BCS game wins.

Yeah....I wish UCF lost.:confused:

Reaction Score
A 4 page thread about the Fiesta Bowl and no one mentions Blake Bortle's squeeze - board is slipping!

Dude is WINNING!

image.jpg

Reaction Score
1) "respectable media" is just about an oxymoron.
2) all due respect, you're just wrong on this. there was never a shortage of stories questioning whether or not the big east deserved AQ status.

Question AQ status does not say we aren't a good conference. Semantics...maybe...but it was never said we were a bad conference. Just not top 5

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This has been an impressive game by UCF. This Baylor defense is a defense that kept #11 Oklahoma to 12 points, Texas to 10 points, Kansas to 14 points, and Iowa State to 7 points. This is a Baylor offense that scored more than 70 points FOUR times this year, and beat WVU by 31 points. And UCF has absolutely taken it to them. Well done, Knights! Hang on for the window dressing...make it look as good as possible!!!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
How can you have a waist that small and rack so big??? Doesn't seem possible. Those bad boys look real.
surgery. You think those look real? Real nice, but not anything resembling natural.

Reaction Score
Question AQ status does not say we aren't a good conference. Semantics...maybe...but it was never said we were a bad conference. Just not top 5

I was under the impression that we understood that if you're not in a P5 conference, you're in a bad conference.

Which of the non-P5 conferences is good? (rhetorical question because none of them are)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom